• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How can I get Warp working? (1 Viewer)

Reutersman

RedCents
Appologies if this has already been answered, but I can't find the answer with advanced search.

Anyway, I have MQ2 & docrack working on my machine. I've got rwarp, piggyzone & trek all there too. I can get /waypoint to add waypoints & list them, but using /warp just echos the /warp with no arguments or errors & nothing happens to my character.

/zwarp works nicely & I can jump up to high levels etc. I just can't get /warp working.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.

I startedby trying rwarp & as that didn'twork,moved to piggyzone then finally in desperation to trek.

I'll unload rwarp & trek to see if piggyzone works alone. I just want to try out the warping to waypoints really.

I've unloaded all plugins except the following:
mq2docrack, mq2ghost, mq2eqbugfix, mq2chatwnd, mq2bzsrch, mq2map, mq2custombinds, mq2itemdisplay & mq2labels

I then tried each of the 3 plugins in turn:
mq2rwarp, can add waypoints, but warp doesn't work.
unloaded that then onto next plugin:
mq2trek, can also add waypoints, but warp doesn't work.
mq2piggyzone, tried using /gate & got nothing.

So all three running on own aren't working. What simple thing have I missed?
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Reutersman said:
I've unloaded all plugins except the following:
mq2docrack, mq2ghost, mq2eqbugfix, mq2chatwnd, mq2bzsrch, mq2map, mq2custombinds, mq2itemdisplay & mq2labels

I then tried each of the 3 plugins in turn:
mq2rwarp, can add waypoints, but warp doesn't work.
mq2trek, can also add waypoints, but warp doesn't work.
mq2piggyzone, tried using /gate & got nothing.

So all three running on own aren't working. What simple thing have I missed?
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

It is probably the movement packet that you don't have updated, or the offsets for #define LocalCEverQuest__DoTheZone 0x4D67F0 or #define CDisplay__MoveLocalPlayerToSafeCoords 0x45FB20. Change what you have for these 2 offsets, chances are you have an OLD offset there. Then try.

Also note: There is a patch tomorrow that will probably negate all of this :P

First Question I should have asked is are you compiling your own or using a compiled version from here?

Last edited:
Well, you're obviously not using the rwarp out of the redquest compile, since you didn't post in that thread OR say that you were...

But the warp in RedQuest works fine. If that is what you're using, then PEBKAC.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I posted here as it was a request for help :) Forgive me if I'm a noob.

I've compiled my own in the past, but MQ2docrack was proving too hard for my enterprise version of VS .net, so I'm using the Redguide 7.3 compile & Goodybag.

Thanks for the constructive critic Thez :) I'm going to try to re-extract the 7.3 to a fresh directory to see if that resolves my issue.

How can I get Warp working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back