• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

World of Warcraft - Honorbuddy detected & shut down for now (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,771¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Blizzard didn't name Honorbuddy specifically but said, in a post on the WOW forum,"We've recently taken action against a large number of World of Warcraft accounts that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as 'bots'."

On the Honorbuddy forum, however, there's a post by staff member Bossland that reads like an admission of defeat.

(Posted unedited)

"It seems like Honorbuddy was detected. We are not sure, but looking at the BAN THREADS, we think that its the most likely option atm.
"We are sorry for all your lost WOW Accounts, hopefully you can use them again after the 6 months ban is lifted. I have read here in the forums a bit, a lot of the accounts where 10 years old. This is a pity. We always say, do not use your valuable accounts as the risk is always there.
"Some of us seem to forget the Gilder times..."
Glider used to be the WOW bot du jour, until Blizzard took it to court - and won.

"With Honorbuddy you thought that we are unbeateable. We never thought that, we've succeeded since 2010 - Honorbuddy had not a single software detection. It seems there is one now.
"It also seems that Blizzard was really pissed at our first win at the court of appeals in Hamburg. It might have been coincidental. Nothing is for sure.
"You ask yourself what happens next? For now we closed our Honorbuddy Authentication, when we know any more details we will inform you."
Honorbuddy is a program that offers automated control of your WOW character, allowing people to leave their computer while their character harvests resources or even fights in battles to earn - or farm - reputation. It's a paid-for tool that the Honorbuddy website says has 200,000 registered accounts.

This apparent Honorbuddy detection strikes yet another blow in recent months against outlawed activity in World of Warcraft. There was the WOW Token that introduced a legitimate way for players to buy gold, and there was the paid level-90 character boost to skip all that levelling.

It means Blizzard is attacking from both sides, by undermining black market alternatives while simultaneously policing the methods that sustain it.

http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-bot-maker-calls-it-quits-after-massiv-1704809117

------------------------------------------------

Alternatives seem to be the best method. Daybreak/SoE has done this for EQ with $30 for level 85, $16 Krono as a legit way to buy plat, MQ2Twist = /Melody, Ninjadvloot = /Advloot, etc.

Heh, I haven't been on WoW since I got all of my accounts first offense perma-banned for using Glider... Hopefully EQ doesn't adopt as much of a hardline stance!

World of Warcraft - Honorbuddy detected & shut down for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back