• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hi returning EverQuest player questions (1 Viewer)

Tigershoe

RedCents
88¢
Hi I just came back to EverQuest with wife and friend and I was like I can run 4 accounts so wife and friend only have to run one.

I been trying to run all 4 with is ok we last cpl weeks with macros and fx overlays but I am constantly having issues with the bard and bst not attacking or bard not playing songs or pets not attacking.

Will mq2 help with those problems and I play on test since wife and friend don’t want to sub and I have found test actually very pleasant.

I was hopeful there was a free 7 day trial that’s what got me to pay for the 90 day sub with inner space lol.

Last question how likely will I get banned for just playing with wife and friend doing just regular gameplay on test.

Sorry one more last question lol
If I decide to pay and try mq2 can I still use iisboxer window layout I like the borderless seamless swapping.

Thanks for any advice and help.

If anyone has must haves or guides how to set everything up please let em know is boxer made me lose my mind just setting up folllow and assist and still think assist has issues lol.

MQ2 will most definitely help with your bard and bst problems its a wonderful toolset

i just gifted you one month of free level 2 access to check everything out! be sure to watch the introduction and startup videos (linked below) in there entirety as they are incredibly helpful

https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/

MQ is against the terms of service from the powers that be ... that being said there is always a small chance of being caught. but if your aware of your surroundings and are polite to others you should be fine i def suggest never going afk and leaving it running in open world zones. i play on test server fulltime and have not had issues before. again though be sure to understand that it is against the rules regardless .

as for isboxer and MQ compatibility i do know thy work together i cannot fully go into more than that as i dont use isboxer
welcome to the greatest boxing community in eq and also welcome to test server!!!

Oh wow thanks for the lvl 2 will be nice to be able to try things out. Will deff check out link when I get home.

If anyone has suggested must have plugins I think there called let me know and if you have tips on them for setup or anything let me know.

Thanks

Welcome Tigershoe (and partner) - make sure to check out the getting started vids and then check out the resources

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

There are so many hidden gems around here!! And so many vids to watch. Don't try to find them all at once but go at your own pace.

The best thing I ever found on these forums is the tremendous help everyone gives each other without being snarky like on other forums.

My favorite gem is Red Cents. Often overlooked!! You buy level 2 in the Red Cent shop with Red Cents or someone might be generous and give you a level 2 as a welcome (which they did).

The level 2 gives you access to free things and also gives you the ability to give others Red Cents for good or helpful or funny posts. It does not cost you any to give and in giving them out it will also earn you more.

By passing out and earning these "red Cents" you can use them to keep up your free level 2 each month. Example I gave a Red Cent to the guy who gifted you the level 2 cause that was very nice of him. :)

Welcome!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Yes, it is compatible with ISB and there is a guide here for setup - ISBoxer Setup

Test is also free for the cwtn plugins <3

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

I also use IsBox along with VV and it works great. i didnt have to do anything special to use them both. just made sure both were loaded and launched with IS. Im sill new with VV but using both lets me lets me get a lot done.

Discussion - Hi returning EverQuest player questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back