• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hi I'm new. (1 Viewer)

necro

RedCents
350¢
First, I am trying to set up my very first auto login and I would like to rename the profiles. Can I delete them and start over or is there a way to rename them?
Second, I have 6 account I am trying to connect. I haven't got to this step where I can make them all attack at the same time.
Third, my prefix title on my main is not showing up. I am noticing the title problem on my first login with the program on.
It's really late and I had about an hour to get this started tonight with work. To summarize, I had an issue editing the profiles under auto login. I noticed my prefix title was not showing up on my main.
I am in the getting started phase and don't want to go down a rabbit hole setting it up incorrectly. The plan is to make 5 new characters and have them all fight simultaneously. I think I am going to hang this up for until later. I wasn't able to edit my profiles in the auto login. haven't got to the real boxing problems yet. Also wondering why my prefix disappeared.

Update: I reinstalled on the launcher button and then promptly used /unload on each window. This fixed the prefix problem. I am going to have to fix the folder pathing for each character on the profile. I am solving a few of the problems with the videos and command prompts. I am still concerned broken profiles will be stuck on there. might have to reinstall the program.

Welcome! Sounds like you fixed your issue, but if you have anymore the community here is one of the best I've ever seen and is happy to help!

First, I am trying to set up my very first auto login and I would like to rename the profiles. Can I delete them and start over or is there a way to rename them?
You can open the ini file and the profile name of the group is in the [ ] and you should be able to change it there. The open ini file is an option when you open the profiles in the MQ button.

Second, I have 6 account I am trying to connect. I haven't got to this step where I can make them all attack at the same time.
You are going to have to use either CWTN plugins, macros like RGmercs or Xgen which come fairly ready to use when you start them, or one of the customisible macros like kissassist, muleassist, entropy or modbot.

I suggest you watch the following videos from Sic.

Welcome and well met!

Sounds like you've just jumped in and got your feet wet. Kudos to you. Don't forget to join the RedGuides Discord channel to get more real-time help. They helped and help me a lot in there.
:)

Thanks a lot! I will join the discord too. I am still playing around with the MQ button on the start screen. Kind of having an issue where the MQ icon disappears sometimes now. Also I pressed debug and now a DOS window opens up and I don't see a way to change it back. Thanks for the comments. helps a lot. When i can bring the options back up on the right click I will look into the ini file options.

I don't know how to change it back but MQ is now stuck in debug console. several lines of code, few lines of crashpad many lines of process list.

that icon in the corner keeps disappearing. So I can't even open the option menu. it just loads lines of code. Sounds really weird sorry. I don't know what to do. I just restarted my computer again. It's also line of code when i open MQ in the launcher.

Another update: I think the restart helped the icon from crashing. I switched the debug console off.

it's working a lot better now. I should learn more about using the ini for the profiles. Well, I erased one of them and saved it but now the original I created disappeared (even though it's still shows in the ini file.)

So now besides what I am trying to fix or reset now with the profiles. I should be able to create a new one with the proper location with the pathing. Then I can start playing with my necros. it's working better now.

Welcome and Enjoy it! RG is legit and makes EQ still enjoyable!

Waving City Bus GIF by Connect Transit

Hopping on the welcome wagon.

Welcome aboard.

Red has a getting started series you might want to take a quick look.

Be well. happy gaming.

Welcome! I would suggest RGMercs. It's what I started with 2 years ago. And still use it today! Folks here are super helpful. Great community and make things so amazing. :D

I started running RGMERC. All the characters followed the leader and hailed the NPCs the leader hailed. I am wondering how to get them to attack when the leader attacks.

They will assist the MA if he is within their assist range. Make sure the assist range is sufficient.

/rg AssistRange #### is the command where ### is the distance from the MA

Is the wiki page for RGMercs.

Be well. Happy gaming.

A big thank you to everyone on here! These features are incredible. I can't wait to learn about all the things I can do with it.
I have been running my new accounts on it and it works great.
I do have a question directly about how to respond to the prompt when it asks me about main assist. How can I respond to that? Is there a command?
Thanks for the help. What a great community.

A big thank you to everyone on here! These features are incredible. I can't wait to learn about all the things I can do with it.
I have been running my new accounts on it and it works great.
I do have a question directly about how to respond to the prompt when it asks me about main assist. How can I respond to that? Is there a command?
Thanks for the help. What a great community.
well "main assist" usually refers to 2 things - a: your group main assist that is assigned by right clicking in your group window and assigning the group main assist (there is also tank and puller etc)

but for some things like kissassist or muleassist - it is the toon you're wanting to assist - which you would start with either targeting them and /mac kissassist assist or by saying their name /mac kissassist assist bob

today I am having an issue running MQ after the recent update. I updated MQ on the launcher, but the error message said I was running the version July 18, but the launcher clearly says it is up to date. Haven't been able to launch it in a couple days. It asked me to close all the clients and update again, I did that, but it still says the same error message.

shoot I don't really know why it won't run. I'll have to figure something out. I have had some issues with where EQ is installed in the past but the desktop icon works. it's a daybreak games launcher. launches the game. MQ is telling me it is out of date for some reason though even though i updated it.

I am going to download MQ update with no eq client running again. see if it downloads.

on the redguides launcher it says it was last installed on the 8/12. maybe there's some reason it won't update or install. I'm trying again.

hope to have it fixed so I can play with it this weekend.

new error message asked me to close all the EQ clients, but none were running. So, the update failed.

Last edited:
I think general consensus is to not have MQ running when you update EQ due to (unconfirmed?) suspicions the launcher could check for running processes and find MQ, so on patch days I:
1. exit mq (system tray bottom right) and the eqbc
2. launch daybreak launcher and patch EQ
3. once that's done I close the daybreak launcher and run the RG launcher
4. let that update everything, then run MQ

IRL - Hi I'm new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back