• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - hey how is someone taking down my chat server ingame and then all my stuff goes off (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,375¢
hey how is someone taking down my chat server ingame and then all my stuff goes off if someone could come talk to me about this that would be kool so I can figure out how to better protect my self with it …. its been going on for far to long and I am sick of these people messing around with my stuff

hey how is someone taking down my chat server ingame and then all my stuff goes off if someone could come talk to me about this that would be kool so I can figure out how to better protect my self with it …. its been going on for far to long and I am sick of these people messing around with my stuff
gonna need some more information about your issue here.

there is no way for someone to "take down your chat server".

You might, however, have mq2posse setup to /unload if non-friendly people come near you

Let me try and see if i understand what you are saying....

You have mq2eqbc plugin loaded, and running the eqbc.exe to have ability to communicate and control your clients, and you are saying someone is turning that off and turning off your mq2?

I personally think they just need to take their meds
ROFL or took too many meds....
when you have something that is ultimately disrupting your ability to play the game sometimes it is very easy to be frustrated and short with explanations - no reason to be mean =p

@Monkeyman618 hit us back with some information and we can help you get sorted out

well I don't even have all my characters connected on mq2eqbc plugin is also unloaded but still I had someone join a group do nothing for about 30 mins then leave, I had them on on 2 different network ip local networks 2 different public ip and so when I join the group all the ones on that one that grouped was a message sent to me and I replied then nothing back from the person I wanna say 15 min later my character this happened with the eq chat servers went down and the entire mq wigged out and then my group wiped and I had to unload and reset more data do I need to send in crash bug report I may have some still, the fact I was on discord with the person to witch im told you cant get someone's ip but what can they do if there in the zone server with you pull that ip then group with the person whats to gain from that as these people act like my buddys and then only wigs out with these people its been happing over a year with this crap and well I cant stand it so I stopped grouping with people and now run 28 accounts 5 pc's all running on a different ip but again eq is not supposed to let ip show as Iv checked my self even so what would someone have to gain udp attack to the server then floods me ?? something happens here that maybe one of the creators of eq or this program even would know

You have mq2eqbc plugin loaded, and running the eqbc.exe to have ability to communicate and control your clients, and you are saying someone is turning that off and turning off your mq2?

when I do use it yes and the group stops working or responding to the come here or follow me and I have to keep resetting the characters its a big pain in doing it for so long I just don't do anything anymore

yes this kinda sounds like a config problem with mq2posse and gtfo.mac if you ever ran that, if using kissassist you have an afktools section

INI:
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

now if you have that on, and the action set to 3, i believe it will do as you explain, unload you shit and t hen its goodbye your team.

and if you have run gfto.mac at some point it has changed some of your settings in mq2posse to possibly do the same. i am not fluent in either of these two things, but i believe thats where the error lies.

they cannot access your eqbc from outside, unless you have configured your router and windows firewalls to allow for that.

well I don't even have all my characters connected on mq2eqbc plugin is also unloaded but still I had someone join a group do nothing for about 30 mins then leave, I had them on on 2 different network ip local networks 2 different public ip and so when I join the group all the ones on that one that grouped was a message sent to me and I replied then nothing back from the person I wanna say 15 min later my character this happened with the eq chat servers went down and the entire mq wigged out and then my group wiped and I had to unload and reset more data do I need to send in crash bug report I may have some still, the fact I was on discord with the person to witch im told you cant get someone's ip but what can they do if there in the zone server with you pull that ip then group with the person whats to gain from that as these people act like my buddys and then only wigs out with these people its been happing over a year with this crap and well I cant stand it so I stopped grouping with people and now run 28 accounts 5 pc's all running on a different ip but again eq is not supposed to let ip show as Iv checked my self even so what would someone have to gain udp attack to the server then floods me ?? something happens here that maybe one of the creators of eq or this program even would know
you can't get someone's ip through discord unless you clicked on a link from them or doing some other whacky stuff
even then without setting up eqbc specifically so folks can connect to it outside of your network - its not gonna happen - furthermore you would be able to see them connecting in your eqbc

this really sounds like you have afktoolson in your kissini or using mq2posse with a command to unload mq2 or something similar

Yeah I'm also gonna guess it's some combo of posse, gtfo or AFKtools settings.

I can't remember if it was WoW or EQ, but I do recall there was a way to send some text string via tell that would crash toons in game. It wasn't related to MQ2 per say, it was just an unprocessable string that would crash your game when the computer saw it arrive. Fairly certain that was patched a long time ago.

how do I check to see if afktools are on

Yeah I'm also gonna guess it's some combo of posse, gtfo or AFKtools settings.

I can't remember if it was WoW or EQ, but I do recall there was a way to send some text string via tell that would crash toons in game. It wasn't related to MQ2 per say, it was just an unprocessable string that would crash your game when the computer saw it arrive. Fairly certain that was patched a long time ago.

how do I check to see if afktools are on
look in your kissassit file, it will look like this

KissAssist_{YourCharacterName}.ini
In this directory by default (but maybe you installed it somewhere else)
C:\ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility\MQ2\Live\Release\Macros

Look for [AFKTools] and post that

Is this something that you can reproduce on demand? Does it happen with the same player every time that does this to you? Or is it anytime any player comes up to you?
I am thinking if mq2possee does not help, maybe you can capture a video of your screen and send that to someone.

Are you behind a firewall? I had a computer connected over a VPN once, and therefore it wasn't behind a NAT'd firewall like a computer in your home would be. I didn't have any clients running, just the EQBC server, and one morning I noticed somebody else had joined and left in the middle of the night according to the text of the EQBC server. Ended up making the firewall software on that individual computer filter out EQBC traffic from anything other than that same computer.

Tech - hey how is someone taking down my chat server ingame and then all my stuff goes off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back