• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hey all, new user (1 Viewer)

xareth98

RedCents
210¢
Hello all!

I'm a new user to RedGuides, and it's taken me a little while to figure things out, but so far so good!

I have a group up and running, and it's mostly smooth, got a few kinks to work out but definitely useable.

If anyone has tips or suggestions for a newbie, feel free to post it! I always welcome positive feedback.

welcome!

definitely check out the guides and the wikis/vids etc.

I have a ton of stuff in my signature as well

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome to RG - you can spend days just doing through Sic's sig lines, so much solid info.

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

Welcome! Read the guides, watch the videos, and dont forget to ask questions. It is a lot to taken in, little steps will keep you from getting flustered and punting your PC!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Welcome aboard! I'm new also, so can't really offer any help other than watch, read and repeat. And it's the little things that make the biggest impact for me.
I.E. I'm an old alt tab guy and I was blown away with something as simple as MQ2autogroup. And that was just the beginning........

Welcome xarath98 and fuggun

I spent the better part of 6 months on these forums just learning. Lots of great people here that are more than willing to help. Take full advantage of that. Discord or ask questions here. Out of this whole experience I learned something really important though. I was spending more time messing with all the software than I was playing the game. I changed that in 1 day by buying CWTN's plugins for my toons. Not only are they tons easier to setup but they work really well. And big bonus...you spend a lot less time maintaining them, which means more time playing the game. Hope that makes sense. Also, another big bonus is that you can use them for free on the test server. Wish I had known that a year ago. I can't say it was a bad experience learning all about RG and KA and MA and RGMercs. They all offer quite a bit to using this software to play, but CWTN has reduced the learning curve by a very considerable margin.

Everyone is different, play how you want. Reading here will help you make these choices. Try them out and use what fits. You have a ton of options. And most of have fun, this is still just a game.

Vrak

Psymorph really nailed it here. Always listen to Sic he is just smarter than the rest of us. When I was new I started with RGMercs I have since graduated to a combination of RGMercs and the CTWN Plugins which are all amazing I own like 10 or more. They are worth far more than the $20 price because you can use them on as many toons of that kind as you create. 5 Mages makes your Plugin cost an average of $4 a Mage same with Necros every class. No they don't pay me to push RGMercs or the CWTN Plugins they just helped me the most when I started and I have stuck with them. I'm a ride or die.

Psymorph really nailed it here. Always listen to Sic he is just smarter than the rest of us. When I was new I started with RGMercs I have since graduated to a combination of RGMercs and the CTWN Plugins which are all amazing I own like 10 or more. They are worth far more than the $20 price because you can use them on as many toons of that kind as you create. 5 Mages makes your Plugin cost an average of $4 a Mage same with Necros every class. No they don't pay me to push RGMercs or the CWTN Plugins they just helped me the most when I started and I have stuck with them. I'm a ride or die.
+1 for Sic. I am just hopeful that the CWTN Plugins will have network support for buff monitoring one day. I will sub all of them if that happens. Love everything I see and read about them. 🙏

Thanks for the tips all! Those intro videos really did help a lot, and I'm looking more and more into the KissAssist .ini files now. I noticed that a lot of them take a little bit of tweaking to do exactly what you want them to do, so there's definitely more to read on that.

Discussion - Hey all, new user

Users who are viewing this thread

Back