• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Helping On FV (1 Viewer)

I am just starting out on FV and would love to make some new friends and adventuring buddies!! I am good at dying and getting into trouble with the locals. Are there any recommended guilds that are active but not necessarily have raid requirements?

I also would like to see if anyone wants TS items as they always fill up my bags and I would rather give them away than sell/vendor them. I have no patience for TSing. But I will farm all day if I need to!

I am currently working on a SK/Shammy/BL x2/Necromancer x2 group. I would love advice on what CC would be best. Anyways, thanks for your time and suggestions if you have them. I will go back to skulking in the shadows as the Iksar lover I am!

I'm coming back to EQ and specifically FV after a hiatus, I've got a 115 group and I'll be working to re-gear I'll toss my hat in the ring saying I'm also happy to help PL or lend a hand. I don't have any modern gear but if you want some old stuff I have plenty of gear for newbies with no level requirement.

What guild are you in?
Not sure if that was intended for myself or Rob. But I will answer for myself at least. I dont discuss the names of my toons or my guild here. (Or any other public forum for that matter). RG is dedicated to people who box, but that does not mean there could be people who are here for less than ideal reasons (aka DB spies). Paranoid? Perhaps. But not worth the risk to me.

Kat

Not sure if that was intended for myself or Rob. But I will answer for myself at least. I dont discuss the names of my toons or my guild here. (Or any other public forum for that matter). RG is dedicated to people who box, but that does not mean there could be people who are here for less than ideal reasons (aka DB spies). Paranoid? Perhaps. But not worth the risk to me.

Kat
It was Rob's qoute. I'll send him a message lol.

Thanks to the discussions in this thread, I've decided to move to FV!

It's a bit sad saying goodbye to the character I've invested so much time into on the previous server.
But I'm looking forward to the new adventures ahead.
Hit me up when you get here if you need anything or just want to make new friends.

I started on fv playing on and off few months ago from scratch, pretty nice server so far although I’m only like level 90 still been a pretty fun experience just grinding away and gearing normally lol
I can PL you at level 90 or help with gear or Plat for gear and spells if you need it. PM me.

I have Premium edition with 999 doors for Laurion's Song shortcut. Who else has other expansions and looking to share/trade for guild hall drops?

I will give mine away for free, PM me here or on Discord so we can coordinate.

No restrictions on boxing on FV .. you do need to be at the controls.
there are no "boxing restrictions" on any of the non-truebox / relaxed true box servers - you can "box" as many toons as you can on any of the regular live servers (and test)

this does not mean that MQ is "approved" however, which is a very important distrinction

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <

DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

DBG's "What constitutes as cheating" > here <

Appreciate it. I’ve been so locked into 1 server throughout my eq history, I never paid attention to the true box pieces.

Fully aware about MQ and don’t flaunt its play, fully acknowledging the risks and play as safe as I can which means no afk.

I just started FV from scratch after leaving during House of Thule. Server seems ok so far after you get over the initial shock of seeing intricate defiant gear for 10k+ in bazaar lol

I just started FV from scratch after leaving during House of Thule. Server seems ok so far after you get over the initial shock of seeing intricate defiant gear for 10k+ in bazaar lol
"twink" and "low level/f2p" stuff is silly pricey. some of the stuff (raid ranges, cloaks and necks) can actually be cheaper then the low level/f2p ones :ohdear:

Welcome to the server unfortunately I didn't store any defiant that I got. I would suggest selling a krono for plat and you should get 7M or so for it which will keep you geared for quite a while.

Welcome to the server unfortunately I didn't store any defiant that I got. I would suggest selling a krono for plat and you should get 7M or so for it which will keep you geared for quite a while.
Im still letting the tank merc basically power level me while i decide what to make on my second acct, then will likely do somethin like that

Hi All.
I've just come back to EQ after being away for almost 20 yrs. I'm amazed that the game is still going strong after such a long time!
Although I couldn't get my original accounts back, so I decided to create brand new accounts, and new toons on FV. So far it seems a great community.
This thread seems like a great idea, and I'd happily offer to help anyone that needs it, with grouping, or PL-ing, or anything.
I'm really enjoying it so far, and am just starting to take a look at multi-boxing software and am told MQ2 is the way to go, so I've created an account here too, and look forward to trying it out.
Cheers!

I've just started a new group on the server I've played on since day one. You folks make FV sound like it will be the answer to the problems I experience where I'm at. So raid loot is tradable? 50% exp bonus? If I delete my heroic where I'm at will I be able to use it on FV?

I've just started a new group on the server I've played on since day one. You folks make FV sound like it will be the answer to the problems I experience where I'm at. So raid loot is tradable? 50% exp bonus? If I delete my heroic where I'm at will I be able to use it on FV?
Heroic Toons are useable on FV, i dont see a problem with deleting and using heroic on FV. all depends if you get your char boost token back!

Yes, you can delete Heroic and remake them on any server as they are account specific.

So long as it is not the original Heroic from 2014 - those are the only ones that cannot be remade. If you do try to delete that one you will get a message saying it will not increase your count.

You will not get the plat again or the Bayle marks so move all that stuff to an alt or something on the server your leaving (edit: you may need to make a little level one on the account to do that if you don't already have one)

FV 50% exp is not real apparent. In others words I did not see much difference in exp rate from another server. The ability to buy raid loot and all that can get old as its like being cut loose in a candy shop and then getting sick.

I know myself and a couple ex guild mates returned to our old servers.

I have a group on FV, but I haven't played them in over a year. I do love the tradable gear and all, but I am in 2 guilds on 2 live servers so all my time gets eaten up with them. Great thread and keep the awesome community going.

I have a group on FV, but I haven't played them in over a year. I do love the tradable gear and all, but I am in 2 guilds on 2 live servers so all my time gets eaten up with them. Great thread and keep the awesome community going.
I can help with gear plat for spells, plat to get you started and power Leveling 90 and over. Whatever I can do to help. Let's talk.

Out of my 1000 posts I am the most proud of this one. Not because of anything I did. Because of how everyone else stepped forward to be counted among the helpers on FV.

I'm coming back to EQ and specifically FV after a hiatus, I've got a 115 group and I'll be working to re-gear I'll toss my hat in the ring saying I'm also happy to help PL or lend a hand. I don't have any modern gear but if you want some old stuff I have plenty of gear for newbies with no level requirement.
Now you have 3 free months of level 2 access on me.

Discussion - Helping On FV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back