• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hello Everyone! (1 Viewer)

plainweasel

RedCents
100¢
I remember playing EQ back in the day, but never managed to get really far because my parents would allow me to only play an hour a day. I used to try to sneak a phone cord and play at night, but would get caught and grounded. fun times. How is all the new content in the game? Is a Shadowknight a good class? Whats the best server to choose.

Welcome to RG.

1 - Content is fun, frustrating, boring, and exciting at the same time. You will get out what you put into it.

2 - Shadowknights are amazing classes. Fun to play. As far as class standpoint, depends on what you want to see out the game for your enjoyment. Groups? Solo? Just casual? Hardcore? Too many questions, we cannot answer or offer advice until we know what you are looking for.

3 - As far as server, see above answer.

Welcome! Sk's are a great class and do pretty well in most scenarios. Servers have different rulesets so it just depends on what you want, FV has bonus exp and free trade for most items. You can also play on the test server and get free gold status as well as free expansions up to tov I think.

I would pick either FV (see #4), test (see #4) or a new TLP, when you have time to experience the first few days. But keep in mind that using tools on TLP is a big no-no.

Classwise i would start with what you like. FV/Test are free to play and you can use your SK to power up new accounts in no time, once he is into his 80+ .

To be honest: Living at home with parents plugging your cord anytime, i would choose test. Especially when you own no CC to pay for your sub.

Edit: Ok, i missunderstood. Skip my last paragraph, i see you already moved from home lol

Last edited:
RE: Shadow knight. It entirely depends on what you want to do. If you just plan to solo, they're good. If you want to group and/or raid, there are a lot of shadow knight players out there so there is much more competition for those spots. I'm in a raid guild and in 3 years that I've been with them, the only person that we turned away because of class overpopulation was shadow knight. I've been with 3 different raid groups over the last 8 years and none of them have ever been recruiting shadow knights because they already have too many.

Last edited:
I remember playing EQ back in the day, but never managed to get really far because my parents would allow me to only play an hour a day. I used to try to sneak a phone cord and play at night, but would get caught and grounded. fun times. How is all the new content in the game? Is a Shadowknight a good class? Whats the best server to choose.

Like Many Whelps said above, it could come down to what you want to do. If you plan to run your own 6-Box group, definitely consider the SK or Pally as your group's tank. If you want to raid with other human players, there might be an over population on any given server. An alternate idea is to make a shadow knight and create a 6-toon team around the shadow knight. In that team include a second class you might want to group with human players in a raid type environment. It might be the best of both worlds. The only downside would be if you had your heart set on raiding with the SK and there was no demand for raiding SK's on your server.

When the day is done, I think most if not all the folks here at Red Guides will say, have fun and do what will bring enjoyment to the game for you.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Like Many Whelps said above, it could come down to what you want to do. If you plan to run your own 6-Box group, definitely consider the SK or Pally as your group's tank. If you want to raid with other human players, there might be an over population on any given server. An alternate idea is to make a shadow knight and create a 6-toon team around the shadow knight. In that team include a second class you might want to group with human players in a raid type environment. It might be the best of both worlds. The only downside would be if you had your heart set on raiding with the SK and there was no demand for raiding SK's on your server.

When the day is done, I think most if not all the folks here at Red Guides will say, have fun and do what will bring enjoyment to the game for you.

Be well. Happy gaming.
^^^^ This. Create a team around your most desired class.

Question - Hello Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back