• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Having more that 5 'actions' per hotkey, but use MQ?

RedCents
156¢
In a normal EQ Hotkey you can only have 5 lines to do a function persay, but is there a syntax like a ; or : to do more?

example
/alt act XXX , pause 3 (like to put something here next without going to the next line)
/alt act XXX , pause 4 (Etc)

If you're going to use MQ, why not just put your actions in a macro? And have the hotkey invoke it? /mac mysixactions.mac

The only thing that stops you doing this - is you can only run one macro at a time.

Other than that...this is a Great option.

I think a lot of new folks dont realise how easy it is create a new txt file in the Macro Directory. Name it Stuff.mac

and then just type in the commands as you would type them into EQ.
INI:
/alt activate 123
/echo i'm activating an AA
/disc MashPotatoes
/echo I've activated a disc
etc. etc.

And then just type /mac Stuff to run the macro.

You dont require massive knowledge of coding to write some small macro's.

You do need MQ for that. Best the regular buttons allow are adding pause on the same line.
Haha good to know! I’ve been a MQ2 user for so long that sometimes it can be hard to unravel native eq functionality from the MQ2 functionality.

/multiline ; /doaction1; /doaction2; /doaction3

Now, this would do 3 actions, or commands,but they would activate basically at the same time, like no delays or pauses between them, thisusually causes skills and other commands to fire when you dont need em just yet.

For Multiline command we dont have a proper pause we can put in, however we can send commands on timed countdown

Try this example in your mq2chatwindow to get an idea of how timers work in multiline

/multiline ; /timed 20 /echo i am number four!; /echo i went first!; /timed 10 /echo lulz! i gonna go third; /timed 5 /echo yes! i am second

Timed command starts a timer, and once that timer is counted down it fires the associated command

/timed 10 /echo hi friend

Unfortunately this can be a bit tricksy to get to work proper with some skills and commands, but usually once you get it nice and right, it works pretty well

for those that suggest next and Lua, thats all fine, but not all people a programmers and even know what Lua is, or even wants to learn a scripting language to make a simple command, some people just want to make a command using the tool they paid for and have it work.

don't insult people.
for those that suggest next and Lua, thats all fine, but not all people a programmers and even know what Lua is, or even wants to learn a scripting language to make a simple command, some people just want to make a command using the tool they paid for and have it work.
I suggested it Kaen. Not "those people". And since Next and Lua is on the Red Guides launcher, I figured they paid for that too. And writing 5 lines of commands in a hotkey intertwined with a "; " (don't forget that space..." and multiline is just as complex as writing 5 lines (or Woah, maybe 6 lines!) in a file and invoking that from a hotkey.

If you don't want to learn new things, that's fine, but let's not bring everyone down to your level please.

Question - Having more that 5 'actions' per hotkey, but use MQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back