• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Having a problem making a social hotkey (1 Viewer)

dealings

RedCents
2,188¢
I am trying to make a hotkey (the 5 line social) to use in diff scenarios

scenario 1 a bend the knee social
INI:
/keypress X (x is my duck)
/mpq
/pause 50
/keypress x
/mqp
ive tried the events and it just isnt reliable for me so was trying this hot key
here is my problem, in game i can type /keypress x and it works, it doesnt work in the hotkey

I really need to have a reliable way to stop casting and do something else (sometimes I want to fire a tranquil blessings or an mgb
same problem there, if toon is mid cast , it wont let me do one social to stop casting, pause, let me do tranq or mgb then do what ever
is there a different way to stop casting in a social hotkey

the problem with hotkeys is that we cant click em during casting basically.

look into the plugin MQ2MyButtons it gieves you 12 extra programmable hotkeys that are custom and can be used during casting.

instead of using X or whatever keybind you have use DUCK for ducking
if you just want to stopcast you can do /stopcast or /keypress CMD_STOP_CAST

You could always use an alias that you can type really easy that has multiple commands in it to stop cast/mqp to allow a manual cast if something and restart after a delay

Typing /nnn may be just as easy as a hot button (and easy to send via eqbc/dannet for other stuff)

Question - Having a problem making a social hotkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back