• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Guild Lobby Buffing Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,018¢
I see some folks who buff in the guild lobby but they MGB more than one buff. Like a Chanter doing Haste and Clarity on the whole lobby. I'd love to be able to do that for people. I use all my toons to buff folks in the lobby when I can. It just takes mana. Now I have them shouting my Guild Initials to get buffs from every toons. LOL I would love to multi-buff but MGB Lua and others seem to be for those who are in raid or ask in guild hall.

Does anyone know what macro or Lua these folks are using to multi-buff? Thanks so much in advance for any help at all.

They are likely not using a macro if they are only casting a buff or two. They are using Tranquil Blessings or the first group buff, then Mass Group Buff for the second. Both are AA's. The TB has a short refresh and can be used again but MGB is much longer and not ideal for multiple casts.

If you have more than one toon and want to have them all cast, look at MBG Lua. Nerp keeps this up to date and is super responsive!

As always though, be careful in the GL. Not all like automation as discussed 800 times in the past

I honestly appreciate you offering clarity. But there is something out there that is landing or allowing players to land multiple MGB buffs. Like Haste and Clarity from an Enchanter. Perhaps it's simply someone who is boxing full raids so their MGB Lua casts land on the entire lobby. That would seem to be Occam's Razor here.

Last edited:
I guess I am confused then. I play a chanter and I am not aware of anything that casts both Haste and Voice at the same time. I have to use Tranquil (aa) for one, then MGB (aa) on the other, but they are separate casts. Tranquil is a 30 sec CD and MGB is 30 mins

The MGB Lua will land on all if you run the script anywhere though. I put all my toons in a raid by using /raidinvite (no DZ required) and when they are all in, I run the MGB Lua. It mems all the spells for each toon in the raid, then begins casting them one by one. But it also uses tranquil blessings and pauses for 30 seconds to let it refresh for each toon as it can only mass buff one spell at a time. But it does work in any zone as long as you start a raid group.

Maybe someone else has a bit more knowledge here on something we are missing?

I think OP is assuming there is hack or trick that MQ can do to allow multiple MGB casts at once. Or he could simply be asking if there is some sort of GL buff-bot that would do MGB's.

Either way, it doesn't seem to me to either use an obvious hack in a public place, or to use a buff bot in the GL. But maybe OP can clarify a bit better.

I'll try it this way.
1. I like buffing everyone in the GL
2. I often use all my toons to cast 1 MGB each on GL
3. A few other people are casting MGB class buffs ie Chanter Haste and Clarity
4. I was curious as to how they land multiple MGB per class
5. I thought it might be a macro or Lua from here.
6. I haven't used the MGB Lua but I read if you have a full raid and cast it will also land outside. I think this is something like what I am seeing.

Some other site has an active hack that does 0 cast time, could possibly be something like that from a hotkey or script casting both with 0 cast time would look like it was landing at the same time. But that is not anything on RG that changes to function of the game in that way.

Also are the two buffs coming from the same enchanter? Could be 2 different enchanters that due to a script start casting at the same time so they land at the same time.

I see some folks who buff in the guild lobby but they MGB more than one buff. Like a Chanter doing Haste and Clarity on the whole lobby. I'd love to be able to do that for people. I use all my toons to buff folks in the lobby when I can. It just takes mana. Now I have them shouting my Guild Initials to get buffs from every toons. LOL I would love to multi-buff but MGB Lua and others seem to be for those who are in raid or ask in guild hall.

Does anyone know what macro or Lua these folks are using to multi-buff? Thanks so much in advance for any help at all.
Yea i used to do that for everyone then some dillhole reported my toons…so now i tell people to…
jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

Depending on the actual mood, I cast a TB and a mgb when passing the gl. When someone asks nicely in ooc if any buffs available while I am there, I’ll buff as well. But in order to avoid the experience @an_image described, I am not going to park chars in gl to buff anyone.
If I would know a way to cast multiple mgb at once, I never would do it in public, as I feel it as granted, that sooner or later someone will report me.

Question - Guild Lobby Buffing Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back