• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Guild Hall buff bots? (1 Viewer)

Venjenz

RedCents
160¢
I recently switched servers, and I am thinking that the buff bot "npcs" I was used to were actually boxed toons running macros. The guild had a lineup of them, you hailed them, and then a ton of buffs happened. New to the guild hall mechanic (yes, I went that long between bouts of EQ), so is that a macro thing, or is that a GH perk or something?

we run guild hall buffers - druid, shaman, cleric, mage, ranger and enchanter. there are a couple of ways - CWTN plugins have built in functionality on the buff classes, but we choose to run macros to support the provision of ports etc. The toons are FTP, we buy the expac on them , level, AA and gear them with appropriate foci (cloaks for buff duration).

thanks for replies...I switched servers to join RL friends, but I do miss those buff bots....oh well. Guess I could FTP a bunch and make some myself if I really miss them.

Considering how often I've heard people complain that "someone broke the buffers," that would be a pretty sweet code line, except some jackwad would inevitably screw with someone's buffers using it.
Yes, I agree, but if they were in your guild lobby and only you or others knew what you needed to say, i.e /tell Buffbot 1 ignoreprior - or whatever then no one could - if you have them out in public I find it a bit strange

Question - Guild Hall buff bots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back