• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Group Suggestions for End Game Groupable Content on LIVE servers (1 Viewer)

Wink-

RedCents
1,279¢
I have a couple months before the next expansion unlocks on my TLP server and I've been bored. I decided I was going to start over on a new live server and work my way up just for groupable stuff. Is there any big DON'T DO's for class selection for TBM groupable content?

IE, Don't play a rogue because most missions in TBM mob's do not have back's to stab. Or don't play a Pally because this Task X and this Task Y are full of mobs that are immune to holy damage?

I'm not worried about grinding or whatever is going to get me the most kills per minute farming blue diamonds or anything like that, I am just interested in taking a leisurely stroll down groupable content lane and maybe play some classes I've never really gotten to know.

about the only thing I can think of is , don't AFK camp. Admitedly I am not regularly in every zone, but I get visitors every 30-60 minutes. Not to mention a few blokes who think I am AFK camping ( which I don't do, heh) and took it upon themselves to try spamming my toons commands for buffs, and then later trained me repeatedly.

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking going Pally, Cle, Brd, Wiz, Enc, and either Bst or Zer since I haven't played them. Pally, wiz, bst, and ber are the 4 classes I never played past 75. Are 2 wizzies THAT much better than the utility another class can bring?

SK/clr/ench/wiz/wiz/brd
SK/clr/ench/wiz/wiz/wiz

I would pick either of the above combos if i was doing what you are doing. Ench really boosts wizards damange, more than a bard would, but if you have ench and bard ...lookout!

Its a caster heavy group as i prefer casters, there will be instances were mob resists might cause you problems, but i have yet to encounter many, and the benefits of this kind of setup are well worth it. Really really easy to box, versus trying to melee without plugins

I've successfully boxed all TBM missions and named content with my group of Pal/clr/ench/wiz/wiz/mag. In most TBM zones a Paladin is very high dps as a large number of undead. I like the mag as it's very useful for moving around - double invis (normal invis from mag - paladin casts group invis undead on her) and coh means going anyplace in TBM and pulling in the group. A third wiz would be more dps but means more to me to get into a location quickly. I've never played a bard so can't say how they would plus up or down the group. Boxed wizards have a disadvantage for me in some missions as you need to target objects - skull heads, coffins, etc. I don't know how to get the wizards to cast on them automatically so I end up manually casting as the paladin hits them. This does not stop me from winning but does make it difficult to beat some time achievements.

War, shm , cleric, wiz, mage, bard, bards dicho, cc, and bump damage makes this combo superpowerful, can do wiz instead of mage but u lose manuvering. I have no trouble with agro, no trouble takin hits, and no trouble watching stuff die. I even raid tank in group gear ( not full time raider).

Request - Group Suggestions for End Game Groupable Content on LIVE servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back