• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group comp No BL? (1 Viewer)

iamin402

RedCents
222¢
Running a pal,brd,shm,mage,rog,rng... Is this group pretty solid all around or should I replace the mage with a BL. Leveling up now just want to fix anything before I get too far. Just looking for opnions! TY!

Running a pal,brd,shm,mage,rog,rng... Is this group pretty solid all around or should I replace the mage with a BL. Leveling up now just want to fix anything before I get too far. Just looking for opnions! TY!
While some seem to suggest MAG is better for caster based, I kinda think MAG and BL are pretty interchangeable here. Performance diff for the MAG being in a melee group should be pretty minimal compared with a caster group. Mages just rock, so if you like em, let em stay =)

• COTH is awesome and can save so much time to get into weird places.
  • Pet can also serve as a backup tank when the Paladin faceplants.
  • Mage DPS is solid

I'd be more inclined to look at the viability of a Ranger in this group. Ranger can be one of the best dps classes - and in earlier game it was the absolute top DPS class - but it is also harder to automate. (It could be just me - cos my Ranger ini sucks.)

DPS is not required to beat every expansion (It just makes it easier) I would go with whatever you enjoy more.

• COTH is awesome and can save so much time to get into weird places.
  • Pet can also serve as a backup tank when the Paladin faceplants.
  • Mage DPS is solid

I'd be more inclined to look at the viability of a Ranger in this group. Ranger can be one of the best dps classes - and in earlier game it was the absolute top DPS class - but it is also harder to automate. (It could be just me - cos my Ranger ini sucks.)

DPS is not required to beat every expansion (It just makes it easier) I would go with whatever you enjoy more.
Szazor has a great point here. Replace the ranger with a BST =) Now u have BST and MAG

Question - Group comp No BL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back