• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

GMs Handing out items for lost corpses (1 Viewer)

DeKing

RedCents
Okay so back in the day, years ago I was messing around with a buddy and ended up dying probably ten times without ever looting my corpse. I stopped playing for a few months which was right when they added Shadowrest to get your corpses.

When I finally came back a few months later I found all my corpses except for the one with my gear on it. So I /petitioned for my items back and about a day later a GM pops up in the zone with me and asked me what items i had on my corpse and which ones i wanted back.

I came up with a ridiculous list of the best and most expensive items i could find (unfortunately i was flagged for next to nothing at the time so i couldnt ask for the cool stuff =[ ). Anyways I sent the GM the list and next thing I know he just starts trading me every last item I wanted. He kept asking me if those were all the items and i just kept adding more onto the list.

At the end of the day I walked away with arguably the best possible gear for my pally at his level and flag status with ~ 5 million in plat and items i didn't need.

has anyone ever heard of this happening before? honestly i was too giddy to even speak when he just started trading me stuff. haha

My warrior died back in the day during Kunark. I went on vacation and didn't even think about my corpse. When I got back it had rotted along with all my gear, complete set of Cobalt etc. I argued with Gm's and customer service for over a week to get my stuff back. Frigging GM ended up giving me a bag of Fine Steel Plate armor and swords. I told him to fuck off and die I was so pissed. I was so disgusted I sold that account and started my druid.

Wow thats rough man, i would have been pissed too. You would think there would be some way for them to go back and check the logs of what you had. Guess i got pretty lucky then..

That was like 11 years ago before they had shadowrest. They could check the logs they just didn't give stuff back then. hehe

haha, Yea GMs back then were a pain in the ass. After EQ really became popular in late 2003 and forward did the customer service improve a lot. Now, I'd say EQ has probably one of the best customer service departments in the game industry.

Here are my last 3 encounters with Customer Server:
-Lost Character Account info for a friends account that i didn't know any of the info on.
**This was quite amusing, because the guy on the end of the phone tried soooo hard to help me get this old lvl 70 shaman back. In the end I didn't know any of the information or secret answer and didn't get the account back. Rightfully so, but the SoE guy was awesome and tried to help short of giving me the account.

-Lost Epic 1.0 turn-in for monk, Spawned 2 different Kairens and handed in the Fangs to the wrong one lol... resolved within 24 hours and got Epic 1.0

-Un-Banning my old account. I had an account banned back in 2007, using the old Plane of Nightmare AFK Warping Killing Macro. I was blatantly using active hacks every few seconds 24/7 a day for about 6 months straight... Anyhow, petitioned with a GM in 2010ish and he unbanned the account.
**Note: Haven't used an active hack since lol.

I recovered an old GF's account. All I knew was the race/class/level & her old billing address.

They were really helpful and tried every avenue to get the toon reactivated. reset the secret question & the email too.

They have pretty damn good customer support now.

GMs Handing out items for lost corpses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back