• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - GM names in red? (1 Viewer)

Pamv88

RedCents
464¢
I have never seen a GM in game but last night in baz I saw a character with their name in red. I've never seen that before. Does that mean it was a GM? The baz was pretty sparse too like everyone was hiding cuz they knew they were there lol.

I have never seen a GM in game but last night in baz I saw a character with their name in red. I've never seen that before. Does that mean it was a GM? The baz was pretty sparse too like everyone was hiding cuz they knew they were there lol.
they sold their soul to the priest of discord and are "PVP" player killers "PK"ers

they sold their soul to the priest of discord and are "PVP" player killers "PK"ers

So how do you get flagged for PVP on regular live servers? Other than arenas in the old cities and the arena zone, (and consentual /duel) i wasnt aware of any way to pvp...?

So how do you get flagged for PVP on regular live servers? Other than arenas in the old cities and the arena zone, (and consentual /duel) i wasnt aware of any way to pvp...?
Talk to a Priest of Discord. They are in every starting city and PoK. They give you a book, give it back and there ya go. PvP flagged in any zone that allows combat.

Ahh ok, i missed the meaning of the priest of discord.. something i have NEVER done in this game.. pvp always turned me off..
I hear that! All i remember of pvp was when I was new to the game and joined a pvp server and kept gettin killed in nektulos forest by a lvl 20 lol

There was a bug a while back that if you made a level 1 gnome for the drunken gnome race that happens around anniversary time then that char name is in red. Nothing to do with priest at all. - it just happens.

I think they fixed it, might log into the gnomes I made for that race later and see if it is still red.

There was a bug a while back that if you made a level 1 gnome for the drunken gnome race that happens around anniversary time then that char name is in red. Nothing to do with priest at all. - it just happens.

I think they fixed it, might log into the gnomes I made for that race later and see if it is still red.

Once you get flagged for PvP, you set yourself up for a mainly solo lifestyle.
You'll see LG as GMs/Guides
Purple for anon/rp
Blue is normal
Rotating RGB names are the characters creation day (So if it's April 8th of last year you made the toon and logged it in today, you'd see your nametag slowly rotating through the colors)

The red name is because they added a PvP aspect to that quest, as if yolo'ing through unrest to the basement wasn't enough. They mainly did this to stop selos/call of the heroes/sow/ivu from being an outside influence to try to preserve the spirit of the race, as if you can't just nab potions and do it anyways, granted each hail does strip buffs.

I could have sworn they said the red on the gnome race was a bug and they patched it but that explanation sounds right since you cannot be buffed with other player's buffs if you are pvp so that would stop the sow and other stuff.

Also I am pretty sure they took out the ability to become pvp from the priest since there is no way back, It used to be the way to revert to regular status was to ask the priest again but that broke so the GM had to reverse pvp on players and that became too exhaustive for the CS..

Question - GM names in red?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back