• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ghost Mode Plugin (Kill any mob without being hit) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it may no longer be available due to the abuse that got people banned. ie: Killing Overking (GM pet :) )

Anyone know if the /warp MobX MobY 6000 has been nerfed? I tried it last night in Lavastorm and Broodlands and in both zones the mob was able to cast and hit me. Luckly I tested it on a green mob, haha.

Bewarned My 2 of My Accounts was just suspended For useing ghost in VT. Thay was using autoattack. However the caster was not suspended.

Bannnned!

Saw it coming though - as I was suspended for the egg trick I will not get out of this one.

You know what is funny is that it feels good to know I cannot play EQ - tonight I will be going out with my friends and start rebuilding those broken friendships.

Autoattack got me

dantes said:
Bannnned!

Saw it coming though - as I was suspended for the egg trick I will not get out of this one.

You know what is funny is that it feels good to know I cannot play EQ - tonight I will be going out with my friends and start rebuilding those broken friendships.

Autoattack got me

Congratz, you have graduated away from the EQ Grind. :)

You've gotten to be like me. I don't play much any more (haven't logged on in 2 weeks), but I still frequent these boards to answer questions and make macros. Why? Because I like the people here and I like helping out.

eq_contracts said:
so this plugin sounds very unsafe to use now, or were these people just careless?
it has always been an incredibly unsafe plugin to use.

it's probably more unsafe now that it's been publicized, but even before that, you shouldnt have used it if you cared for your account

As this plugin stands now there is confirmed Detection for it in EQ now. Heres how. IN Eq there is active warp detection. However the detection kicks in when the warping kicks in at very high excesive amounts.

The people ive talked to that have been kicked for ghosting, Sony told them they where flagged for excesive warping in the 10,000 range. Minor warping happens reg in Eq due to lag, that why warping on occasion is fine. (Except if you are being watched that is.) The way there server reads ghosting is you are in 2 places at once, or rather in one place then back at the other almost instantly, thus it looks like you are warping. And since you are fighting a fight that in all odds will last a long time it looks like you are warping thousands of times over and over and over...

There may be a better plugin out there for sale that does this better, but as this one here on this site stands, It looks like alot are getting caught and band for it. Use at your own risk.

All,

Well tonight I went and tried this ghost plugin.

/plugin mq2sumt then
/plugin mq2ghost
/ghost on then
target mob
/tag mob

backstab mob sees me kills me or another mob not the targeted mob came to zone and killed me. I saw instances of both happening and wondering why this is the case. Confirmed it said ghost on unloaded all redownloaded the dll's and still same result. Any info/input/conjecture or help would be appreciated.

sorry edit number 3 tired now :)

Crazyhorse

Is there a ghost mode that a Monk could use? I'd love to use this, but I don't have a rogue or a ranged type char at all, lol

Yes there is one that allows you to cast, auto attack... and the works...

Cronic sells it for $100 a pop... but with it.. you could solo pretty much anything. Hence some of the bannings from retards killing raid level mobs by themselves in tacvi , rss and other high level zones.... morons...

Downfall? This is a great farming tool - don't be killing gods with it. Stupid people shouldn't have this plugin.

Bueboy said:
Is there a ghost mode that a Monk could use? I'd love to use this, but I don't have a rogue or a ranged type char at all, lol

/ghost on
/ghost off
/ghost mode combat/normal/cast/cast2

Combat is for melee but zero exp.

So, is the plugin that cronic sells, just as detectable as this one here, or ir is more undetecable.

proabbly just as much unless cronic does something to make his more safe.
especially since the one here is cronic's though i guess you would call it a cracked copy of his its one of his older ones for sure. cause this one dosnt support melee or casting yet. But there both his.

dantes said:
Bannnned!

Autoattack got me

okay, so did you a.) do this in a non-instanced zone, b.) do it to a high profile mob, c.) tell a bunch of people about it, d.) brag about the cool gear you got. e.) was it just random chance that got you.

and these server checks, on the massive warping, was that because of going to ghost on loc and back to the mob loc or what made it like that, inquiring minds want to know exactly how you got banned. you're the first on this forum to post being banned unless i missed something. so please explain.

a.) only and purely instanced zones - nothing beyond Tipt really
b.) no high profile mobs or gods
c.) not one person knew about it other than myself
d.) looted no 'phat lewt' other than GoD spell runes
e.) I have no idea how I got caught, I barely used it, no one was ever in barindu, no one ever saw me - according to EQAccount Status (no GM ever contacted me or emailed me about this) I was flagged by the server for having over 10,000+ warps which GMs have to investigate.

They didn't ban me for killing mobs - they banned my for excess warping. The problem with the plugin is it triggers massive and massive amounts of warping flags to the server.

Just add it up to bad luck really on my part, I played it as safe as you can get and got banned.

How do you get 10,000+ warps? When I'm in Ghost mode I walk to all camps. Why wouldn't you be able to say you shadow step all the time?

But he did say he used egg trick.

Well, I've dealt with the movement packets that leave the client and come in from the server an awful lot, and there are a ton of these things sent constantly. When you warp, it all boils down to a movement packet sent to the server with the new location, the very same packet that would be sent if you press the forward arrow key. The server doesn't have a clue how your client got to a given XYZ, because the messages are exactly the same. All the server knows is the new location. To implement a check, they would need to add code that is executed every time a new packet is received to compare it to the last packet to see if the distance between the two is greater than some value. Given the sheer number of these packets sent, and the quantity of players logged on at any given time, this doesn't seem reasonable to me. I guess I could be way off (on feasibility, not method; there's no other way for them to do it), but I don't think so.

Honestly, what's likely happening is GMs are constantly going to all of the high end zones and moving to each player to see if they're ghost killing. Since so many people are doing it, they're finding them constantly. I believe the only change from the past is SoE has opened their eyes. Again, I could be way off..

cronic

IN an effort of comprimise this thread will not be deleated but will be placed in the Nerfed thread for now. The plugin creator has requested that this bad code be deleated. Many people are getting caught using this out of date plugin. Not all of the features of it even work. New people to MQ come to the site and try this out and are getting banned hard. Now some feel it was thier own fault and we are better off for them being gone. BUt in the process Sony has become more aware of This plugin and GM's are now watching zones more than ever, esp since the hudge out cry from people not MQing.

1. So to wrap up, this plugin will still be avaible in teh NErfed theard.
2. This thread will be locked untill such time a Legit update comes about.
3. This is an effort to provide ample warning, Using this plugin in its curent form, There is a Very high chance you will get banned.

Ghost Mode Plugin (Kill any mob without being hit)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back