• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ghost Mode Plugin (Kill any mob without being hit) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slstafford00

RedCents
I'm not sure if many of you know what ghost mode is or if any remember having it back in the day. Mostly was used to my knowledge for powerlooting such as : camping in potimeb GY with /ghost on, then warp to corpse of a god killed and loot. Just think of it as Mega Invisibility.
Basically when you turn this on your character freezes and appears to be standing wherever plugin was activated to any NPC/GM/PC, but you are able to run around the zone and loot corpses do anything basically. You are basically free to venture the zone aggro free.
The small catch to this is you cannot do any direct melee (autoattack) only Bash + Kick - or in a rogues case Backstab.

MQ2Sumt.dll
MQ2Ghost.dll
Setup:

Instructions:
Download both plugins above and place them in your release folder. Load each by typing /plugin mq2sumt and /plugin mq2ghost
type /ghost on to start ghosting.

Killing any Mob without being hit:
1. I'll give you an example of Plane of Fire.
2. Go to PoFire...
3. find a safe spot, if your doing Quav go hide behind the Guardian ofDoomfire where Fro spawns.
4. Make sure MQ2Sumt and MQ2Ghost are loaded.
5. once your ready to start type /ghost on when your in your safe spot.
6. /target Quav, /warp target, /mac bs (bs being the macro that automatically backstabs for you which is posted below)
7. kill. this might be a slow process depedning on the mobs regen and the HP.
8. Loot

Putting it all together the possibilities are quite endless. Get maybe yourself and a couple ranger friends and hell if you have enough DPS over Boss regen you've just solo'd it. Heres what you need to do:

Last edited:
I havent been home to try this yet, but what is happening when you try it Bishop? Crash to desktop, error text, you get turned into a slug? Saying "it doesnt work" doesnt help lol. He DID say that you need to use a newly compiled version of MQ to run it. If you are downloading the precompiled zip off of this site then you are running MQ2Warp which he says conflicts with it.

D/l brand new MQ off macroquest 2 .com.. ran mq2auth .. compiled.. insterted dll's.. loaded up mq2 , eq, went into Pofire.. went to safe spot. loaded all of said plugins.. /superkill on, ran to a mob and it agro'd.

i lied.. did everything again to make sure.. its actually working this time.. will take a long time to kill a mob with it having its regen so high but hell anything is possible now ><

Will this work with Lady Vox or will she still throw you out of the zone? If noone has tried this I will try to do it this weekend.

Can siddin or zedmix put this in when they compile for others cause I always get one of them to compile it for me and would love to have this....btw can you cast spells and it still work?

I CANT WAIT to get home and try this, i hope it will work and i cant wait to try Vox, Naggy, etc etc ETC ETC lol jk.
I really cant wait to check this out though, as you guys have said...
anything is possible now >_<

Gah you ganked my post lol this is exactly what i posted minus the ghosting lol.. I have a ghost plugin but it was purchased from another source and ecrypted kinda like cronic plugins.. .but ya this works well .. EVERYONE BE EXTREMLY CAREFUL and dont over use and get it nerfed and all of us banned k tks !

Damn.. I tried using on a caster, doesnt seem to work. The spells kept getting interrupted and I was also continuously out of range of my pet, so couldnt heal it. I am taking it that this is pretty much ranged melee only? Oh yeah..and after my pet died, the mobs ran to where i /superkilled and beat my ass, it was like getting beat down by invisible mobs lol.

anybody got the source? i'd be more than willing to put it in the compile for every update after that

The server probably thinks you are where your body is, and you are casting at your ghost point, so when the server compairs the locs they are way off, and causes an interupt. That is my guess. I can't wait to try this.

Question is, if you are so far from the mob, do you get the EXP for the kill? Or just loot rights?

A great place to use this is in a Lavaspinners instanced zone. Most of the zone is clear for the two missions that I have tried, Grounding the Drakes and Divning for Lava Rocks. Here is a safe point you can warp to: loc -1883.78 -2050.68 -178.83. Should be plenty of distance from any mob in the zone for these two missions so not to get killed. It is also right in front of a zone out.

Ha, this is cool. Wait, it sounds familiar.. hmm. It looks familiar! Ah yes, that's because I wrote it!

cronic

cronic said:
Ha, this is cool. Wait, it sounds familiar.. hmm. It looks familiar! Ah yes, that's because I wrote it!

cronic

Lol!

Btw, do we have an already compiled version of this? Still havent had my hands dirty with compiling :mad:

Damn it man, its not in your damn mailer. I could have been using this thing forever lol.

Btw, songs dont seem to work (out of range) however, ranged attacks work but i never get an actual "hit" or "miss" on them... *shrugs*

Yall know if you can loot the mob you killed while using this? Say you are at the succor point and the mob is on the other side of the zone....do you have to do /superkill off then loot it and /safe real quick b4 any other mobs own you or can you just loot it?

I don't know what all was changed from what I wrote in this plugin, but you should be able to loot the corpse while ghosting.

cronic

Ok I tried to loot while ghosting and it said you are to far away to loot that corpse so I had to do /superkill off then /superkill on really quick then I looted it then /safe.../superkill off.

I thought this made it where pc couldnt see you when you did /superkill on. I happen to be in PoF while a raid was going on and decided to test this plugin out. I looted 2 things off 2 of their mobs then I camped figuring they didnt suspect that I did it or that could even see me. Well when I logged back on a few min ago they was still there and just killed the big guy of the zone. So I am standing at the gy and do /superkill on then I warp to them and am standing there waiting to loot when they start spaming "get lost ninja looter" then I get sent tells saying "we know it was you who ninja looted us earlier." So now I wont be playing my warrior for a few weeks....any idea why they could see me when I had it cut on or does it just apply to mobs not agroing on me? Cause this has scared the crap out of me and I hope I dont get banned or suspended.

We had someone use this at one of our raids, at the time I knew nothing about mq2 or this website but he looted our fabled trak, the fabled mana robe from zone in the logged. Our guildleader knew of these type of things so he immediately sent a petition saying exploit (exploits get you almost immediate attention from gm's) the gm told us who looted and how he did it. We got the mana robe back and that character was banned for 3 weeks but got to keep the fable mana robe.

Another instance a group hacked into anguish using the flag from an ex guildy of ours and used this program to kill hanvar ture warden and arch magus (yes they skipped tormentors some how). We saw one of the characters running around with anguish loot and an epic 2.0 so we knew there was funny business going on. Our guild leader once again reported it as a bug/exploit and got the attention of a developer. Developer confirmed that those 4 mobs were killed with one group and the group that did was banned for 1 week but got to keep all the loot. So even if you get banned for awhile serious consequences dont seem to happen. Oh yeah almost forgot this group was the same group that got caught about a month earlier in Riftseekers one grouping the queen and all they got was a slap on the wrists.

Question for you all on this... how would they get into anguish if its an instanced zone that takes 18 people to spawn? how would you get into any zone if youre unflagged or if its an instanced zone that you cant spawn?

so how would i go about doing that? it says that MQ2Zone will crash it... and where do i get no3min/what is it?

and where do i get MQ2zone if there is a way to use it without crashing... im trying to use the superwarp /zone command but it isnt working at all for me.

must be doing something wrong i can hit them an arrow but the second i do they start running to my ghost point to eat me. :(

Your Ghost point isnt far enough away, you have to basically go to the opposite end of the zone from the mob you want to kill.

Well from what I read I could make a guess on how they would do anguish like that... My guess is the one flagged person passed his key around using the no drop transfer then got all the peoples key on key ring. You only need 18 ppl to actually zone in so you can invite any random people that are sitting around in mpg or whatever then you zone into anguish and they drop the expedition. Like I said its just my guess from what he said that one of the flagged ppl got them in.

I have bash/kick working, but I can't seem to get ranged attack working, any suggestions?

It worked for me. Just one question. Are we supposed to be able to loot while in ghost mode? I kept getting the "You are too far away to loot the corpse" message and had to switch back out and run myself over, which was a little dicey, as looting broke the invis.

can anyone tell me how to get a group of unflagged people into qvic/anguish/any other high end zone? or give me a link on how to do it?

This doesn't work for me. The only extra plugins I'm using are mq2moveutils, docrack, and twist.

Any ideas? I tested it in a newbie zone on green mobs. I ran to one end of the zone, turned on superkill, /warpt to mob at other end of zone, backstabbed it from behind and it aggro'd me. So I turned off superkill then turned it back and warped to a mob on the complete other side of the zone and tried doing this like 5 or 6 times and it never worked.

Not sure what I'm doin wrong. I don't think I'll get anything out of this cause I only have a low level rogue, but I'm just wanting to get it to work out of curiousity. Thanks for any help in advance.

kidder60 said:
can anyone tell me how to get a group of unflagged people into qvic/anguish/any other high end zone? or give me a link on how to do it?
you have to raid them in, there is no other way because the flags for those zones are held serverside and checked by the server

any suggestions on what kill with it? I've done overking bathezid, but I can't think of much else to kill that doesn't have fierce regen.

seems really cool at first glance, but my main can solo more/tougher mobs than a ep bow'd aaed ranger with this, just because of no-aggro regen

Ghost Mode Plugin (Kill any mob without being hit)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back