• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Ghost Kill and No Delay (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Please read the article located HERE and use this thread to respond about your thoughts, feelings, and opinions about Ghost Kill and No Delay. You may also respond to the article if you would like.

Flaming will not be tolerated, this is for an open discussion on the topic, not attacking other members of the community.

Somewhat related.

My article on how my hacker guild took over zek using ND/GK hacks.

Having personally used No Delay hacks to "go out with a bang", I have to say they are obviously extremely detrimental to the integrity of the game. If this was the same "game" that it was back in pre-2003, I wouldn't even bother with ND. Now you can't even walk through PoK without inspecting people and suspecting people of being hackers... and a majority of people are. But this new expansion that came out kinda balanced out things anyways so its not like it matters that people hacked...

Honestly, I don't think I can ever understand why people would ghostkill gear on a blue server. On pvp servers theres obvious reasons why one would, but for blue servers all there is to do is progress your character, group with friends, and stuff. Doesn't matter to me either way though, if someone's willing to dish out the $150+ it costs to get no delay they can do whatever they want with it.

These days you never know when Sony is gonna close up shop so you might as well get your fun while you can. Not to mention "new" characters have basically no chance to catch up to the high end game (which is the most fun in my experience) without hacking. If that means upgrading your character by 200 AC and a few hundred HP per day from hacked upgrades, then so be it. I admit I had fun doing it and loved how fast my bard went from shitty to really fun to play and pvp with.

Now that no delay is broken, all "they" have out is some shitty monk bug that spams intimidate skill and somehow that does decent damage to a mob. Takes about 5-10 minutes per anguish boss in my experience, if you try to go any faster you end up dying. Hell sometimes even that slow you still take a bad round here and there. With the new monk bug, me and my crew were able to down some Frostcrypt mobs with my paladin DA tanking with a DA hammer, but it was a lot of work and one messup would reset the mob to full health, so we had to do things extremely carefully. Doing solteris+ now is probably not even possible I would think. No delay made things easy and loads of fun =p. Maybe my computer is shitty, who knows... I've given up on EQ and am playing low level pvp twinks on WoW til warhammer comes out.

EQ is a dying game, a lot of people took advantage of no delay while it was available (myself included), and I do not blame them.

p.s. I would never pay for no delay, just use a ghostkill name on a different server and BAM its free lol!~ Know quite a few people who were working on blue servers using common ghostkill names from Zek so they could do it for free hehe. Funny to see their guilds who just have all these characters named after people you always suspected for hacking on Zek.

Ok, I'll throw my 2cents in the mix. It is hard to draw a line the sand when it comes to cheating. In the hands of a responsable cheat these hacks could be harmless to the over-all eq experiance. Unfortunately there is no way to seperate the responsable from the abusive. I personaly would love to get my non-raid alts in gear that would make them funcitional in my group but would like to know that in 3 months the guilds are not going to dry up due to hacks allowing any mq2 player to raid by them self.
Releasing this kind of power to players will greatly increase the popularity of Mq2 again possibly bringing in the kind of people who will contribute nicely to the entire community. The downside is that it is a gamble, if it comes back and mq2 becomes to popular sony will break out the banning sticks. I'm ok with people abusing thier power getting banned. I just dont want to see sony going after the few hacks we have left over something this contavertial.
I guess one option could be puting back in the monthly timestamps on these plugins and test the waters. This would allow some impression of control.

I rather enjoyed your article Naes. It's funny how notorious your guild was. Even on my server we had heard about them. =p

Ok, I'll throw my 2cents in the mix. It is hard to draw a line the sand when it comes to cheating. In the hands of a responsable cheat these hacks could be harmless to the over-all eq experiance. Unfortunately there is no way to seperate the responsable from the abusive. I personaly would love to get my non-raid alts in gear that would make them funcitional in my group but would like to know that in 3 months the guilds are not going to dry up due to hacks allowing any mq2 player to raid by them self.
Releasing this kind of power to players will greatly increase the popularity of Mq2 again possibly bringing in the kind of people who will contribute nicely to the entire community. The downside is that it is a gamble, if it comes back and mq2 becomes to popular sony will break out the banning sticks. I'm ok with people abusing thier power getting banned. I just dont want to see sony going after the few hacks we have left over something this contavertial.
I guess one option could be puting back in the monthly timestamps on these plugins and test the waters. This would allow some impression of control.

The problem here lies in that you think you'll be responsible with the hacks. I started small, a friend invited me to tag along and get a few pieces anguish gear. I had heard of "monk hacks" but never knew there was a no delay until he sent me MQ2 and told me to /glock on to avoid lockouts. Then we only cleared anguish like twice and I got like 3 loots. I was happy with just these minor upgrades, but I dared not wear them because my guild (3rd guild on Zek at the time) might see me with the items.

So they remained bagged. I attended raids, grouped with friends, still did the normal thing. Then my hacker buddy started playing daily and I loved the daily upgrades.

And just like a kid who gets hooked on drugs, I couldn't stop myself, I put off old friends, left my guild, and distanced myself from people I would group with all the time so that I could hack with my new friends. For a long time my character was "off the radar" so to speak.

Then one day everything hit the fan as I described in that article.

So yea, my first time ND hacking I had no intentions of going as far as I did with it... but I was consumed by human nature and blinded by greed.

Or let me put it another way:

"Yes!! I got 1000 AA's and full anguish... hmmm I could probably use another 1000 AA's, so i can max out my innate dex, you know, just in case. Hrmm, and I really want a vish rod for my monk. Oooooh! look at the brumal fist from Frostcrypt... I bet I could kill that mob! Hrm, FC flagging doesnt look too bad... owow Solteris flagging looks really easy I could do that in 20 minutes with these hacks! I just want that neck from solteris... and I guess I could get some of the armor with the phosphenes... and the augs i could get rather easily from Frostcrypt would go great in them!!" and so forth

Deep down, I'm glad they banned us and nerfed No delay. I'm just happy I got the experience.

I rather enjoyed your article Naes. It's funny how notorious your guild was. Even on my server we had heard about them. =p

Yea, it's surprising how far that news made it. It's the first time something like that has happened I think, just a publically obvious no delay hacking guild running rampant for months and whatnot til Sony finally gets off their ass and breaks out the ban stick.

Seriously, I think it would be impossible to get banned for hacking if you are low key. I mean shit I probably got petitioned 100+ a day and was able to slide by for a loooooooooooooooooong ass time lol... and I was constantly harassing general chat and not really "admitting" to everything, but at the same time not really denying it... just kinda "haha theres nothing you can do about it". People lost faith in GMs and the game, I think we drove alot of people to quit and that's the only thing I'm sorry about.

edit:

VVV
@darkeros

I recently saw the thread where you were trying to sell your wiz. I at first assumed it was hacked, until you explicitly stated all the gear obtained was 100% legit. Just goes to show you how much the game was changed over no delay hacks... a year ago if someone had an item you know they worked hard or earned it or whatever (99.99% of the time). Now its hit or miss.

Last edited:
People lost faith in GMs and the game, I think we drove alot of people to quit and that's the only thing I'm sorry about.

QFT

That and it destroy's server stability, so a lot of people think "Oh, it's just me getting gear." Somewhere, someone dies to lag caused by these hacks.

I think the real question here is: Why the hell is that guy no delay hacking in Blackburrow!

actually... I'm guilty of no delay hacking in Blackburrow.

Many rogue hacker guilds sprung up on Zek, but ours was the only well-known one. One of these guilds challenged us to a "Barroom brawl" in the Qeynos tavern. We proceded to whoop them, but some guards got killed in the process. I ended up becoming KOS, so I ran over to blackburrow and killed gnolls for about 20 minutes legitly. Then I ran back to Qeynos and was still KOS lol... so I just ran my ZoneKill.mac (which is just a modified AFK bard macro [when No delay hacking you just need to target something to kill it, so this would target the next mob in zone if there was no target]) in blackburrow, and killed everything in about 5 seconds haha.

Actually, there's a story behind that sk in blackburrow. He's a guild leader of the #2/#3 guild on Xegony. That was probably used to frame him.

Still, it's pretty funny to watch.

I used to Monk Bug.

I think while it may be game breaking we should do what RG has always done let the poster decide if it is too game breaking to release. (dont pre-compile that will keep some out and will make other learn how to compile mq)

At this point with being able to buy 400hp gear in the Baz is is going to matter much if it CoA gear or Baz gear that people are twinked with? I personaly would like to see it posted, fear of mass bannings is is what is keeping this alive. If you want to see it get fixed you should be for posting it.

PS Soultaker clean out your PM box.

I have to disagree with some of you on the monkbug ND conspiracy theory.

I still use Monk bug and ND. Am I one of the dumb asses farming Solteris? No. Do I farm anguish? No. Do I think it is detrimental to the game? No.

Look at this, SOF group loots are equivelent to Anguish raid armor. Thats Horse shit. There is very few Zones out there that you can farm to actually give you good risk vs reward. When it comes to armor, just grab a shyra task farm Bazu's and buy the best aug and armor cultural combo you can.

I do not think Monkbug ND is killing the game or the server stability. If you can prove that instance only GK is crashing servers I would love to see it. My stance is sell it distribute it and let the retards weed themselves out.

I don't think instance-only GK is crashing servers. It has been said by devs that wide-zone killing does, though. The fact that they're talking about a MQ hack causing servers to crash shows how far MQ has come and how badly it has changed from the eyes of the developers of MQ. They don't want the attention and the majority of the community doesn't want it either.

I do agree with you acig, but we've seen how badly widespread GK/ND/MB usage hurts not only themselves but also others who don't choose to go that far. If we could actually let the idiots weed themselves out without bringing that Ten-Ton Hammer down on everyone else, I'd be all for it.

And therein lies the problem. The "retards weeding themselves out" are what's causing more and more of the public eyes to be on the MQ Community. This in turn has SOE trying harder and harder to stop MQ from even existing. So, therefore, I also believe that these hacks are becoming a plague on our community. GK/ND/MB are giving sony more and more reason to bring down the nerf bat in more and more ways.

I've used ND, so don't think that I don't at least know what I'm talking about. These hacks can be like drugs, once you start you just can't stop. My friends and I all used our second accounts to see exactly what we could do with this, and it was amazing. But, we also stayed out of open zones. We went to all instances, including Anguish. The rush you get from clearing the entire zone of Anguish (minus OMM, we didn't want the emote) in less than 2 minutes is insane. Our alts were geared up better than our mains. And, in a small fraction of the time. We were smart enough to stop after a while though, but most people can't. The way we did it was we just didn't pay for new releases of the plug in. Others with the money to continually buy upgrades will keep going. I can't honestly say I would have stopped if I had the money. And this scares me, but also proves to me just how addictive this plugin can be, and why it is such a horrible addition to the world of MQ.

Just chiming in from a networking point of view:

The NoDelay Monk Bug MQ2 plugin pretty much doubles as a DoS (Denial of Service) attack against Sony's servers so I could see it having the potential to crash servers/zones. Especially considering it's popularity (ie. hundreds of people using it at the same time on one particular server). Personally, I have never crashed or seen a server crash because of it, or even a zone for that matter. And yes, I used it in many non-instanced zones.

my guild was setting up for a raid we had 50 guildies and half were maxed on lvl. we were planning on about a 30 min fight to kill the boss. then a char ran in to zone and solo'ed the boss in a few min. everyone new he was macroing. a friend of mine was quiting eq and tried to get him self banded. he got banded for a week.

i have been macroing with a gm watching, no warping, no afk anything, and they have left me alown. the gm flag goes up and then you get a tell "how is it going what are you doing?" if you are not afk and not warping just playing, i even had a gm train me, im guessing to see if in would gate. i took the exp death and them flamed him 2 tells and he left the game.

as the song goes you dont tug on supermans cape, you dont spit into the wind, and you dont afk macro or warp while gm's of other players are in a zone.

im sure if you paid your 29 dollars a month and did not get reported by other players im sure sony would not give a rats butt what you did. if they get 100 petitions about you sony will take care of the 100 and ban you.

if you meet a lvl 80 enc who does not know what c3 is, you know they are an ebayer, who cares if he is not bothering me. but if he trains me 3 times ill warp to my nearest gm and report him. i stopped using zone warp when i got a tell "hey you appeared in the zone infront of me the you were gone what is going on?" i went ld and stayed off that char for a few days. now i zone in and if there is no one in zone ill warp to zone line, if there is even one person in zone ill run to the zone line.

charge for nodelay and warp with 3 months of down loads if they are dumb enough to get band well to bad to sad. there might be a few less fools using it if they had to pay for it.

well that is just my 2 cp's worth

keep up the good work

Just a thought, but people say that MQ community and/or ours doesnt like the popularity, yet MQ to me is pretty easy to get. Which in return means we get all these little kids who play the game asking their mommy or daddy for some change to get it. To me this is where the majority of the popularity problems come from, with a few exceptions. So, saying that if we we're to get GK/ND back our popularity would grow for a month or two, or three depending on how long the morons who cant control their urgers become banned or suspended. to me in the end this would end up lowering the popularty of MQ. Also, if u were to put a price for ever 3 month/6month use it would definatly lower the amount of people using it. but thats just my thoughts.

you do realize that there are sites that sell it for 75-150/month right? and its still as rampant as can be.

Just a thought, but people say that MQ community and/or ours doesnt like the popularity, yet MQ to me is pretty easy to get. Which in return means we get all these little kids who play the game asking their mommy or daddy for some change to get it. To me this is where the majority of the popularity problems come from, with a few exceptions. So, saying that if we we're to get GK/ND back our popularity would grow for a month or two, or three depending on how long the morons who cant control their urgers become banned or suspended. to me in the end this would end up lowering the popularty of MQ. Also, if u were to put a price for ever 3 month/6month use it would definatly lower the amount of people using it. but thats just my thoughts.

That's more or less what happened before and it had bad results. In theory, what you've said should work, but in reality, it ends up with a minority of the users causing problems for the majority.

IMO I think its the restrictions that in fact ruin the plugins. Think about this.

If you paid $150 for a Plugin but only had 3 months to use it. 1 month to figure out how to use it, 2nd month to test it on mobs and farm the shit out of them and the third mob to gear alts or twinks and even friends or realize what you missed if your testing month took took long.

IMO I think if there was no set duration people would not be out chain farming shit and bringing attention to it. MQ2Instancekill and Nodelay/ Monkbug.

Cant tell ya the # of times i have killed a mission just seconds before the boss died and got a new one.

Instance only is doing the GM's job for them. They have less areas to search through. Easier to put a filter on that then it is every zone.

First monkbug I ever had took me 2 months to figure out how to kill one raid mob. Then it still took 30 mins to do it and a back up healer.

However I do feel Name limitations should be enforced. 3 per user imo.

I think some people do the "rush" because, of the nature of the plugin, you never know when it will be nerfed!! :qq:

I know what GK is ... but what exactly is/was nodelay?

about the worst thing i ever used was warp and was just curious ...

Ghostkill: Works by sending a movement packet to your target, then an attack packet to your target, then another movement packet back to where you started. Basically it does this over and over again and so you essentially "ghost kill", or kill without being seen/hit.

Nodelay: Works the same way, but uses a server exploit to attack with "no delay" so you constantly hit extremely fast. The server exploit used here allows you to attack with your primary hand only with no delay, ranging from 40-150k dps.

Monkbug/Kungfu: Same as nodelay but instead of using a server exploit to attack nodelay with primary hands, it uses your kicks and other special attacks. This has varied over the years to use a different ability, currently it uses intimidation. This will work with any class that the set plugin uses but works best for monks because they have the most special attacks and special attack aa's. This ranges from 5-30k dps.

Sony has figured out exactly how to track monkbug and ghostkill, nodelay is currently dead. Basically these both work by sending attack packets with data that wouldn't normally exist. The primary, secondary, and intimidation packets are now standalone and not sent with the combat ability packet. In other words the data sent with the combat ability packet to do these things doesn't even exist, it's not possible to send this without cheating.

You probably don't understand all the "packet" and "data" gibberish I was talking about if you've never even heard of no delay, but I can almost promise you that's the most in depth info you'll find on NA so I hope it helped.

-UnKnoWn

You probably don't understand all the "packet" and "data" gibberish I was talking about if you've never even heard of no delay, but I can almost promise you that's the most in depth info you'll find on NA so I hope it helped.

-UnKnoWn

If you want to explain it further, feel free. Red and I have talked about just this and decided that it would be better to not have any limitation on people talking about it.

i say post it......game is truelly dieing.....and nothin we can really do about it......i HEARD.....dont "quote" me on this :P..... sony may be upping the price on eq and lowering the price on eq 2 they tryin to push ppl to eq 2 so sony doesnt have to deal with eq 1 anymore :P thats pure hearsay though i could be wrong.....this new expansion that came out truelly did even everything out with gear and everything BUT u gotta be rich to get these items most of the time o_O and especially the rediculous amount for the expansion?! will NEVER buy that expansion....
...buying stuff from the bazaar with pp that uve bought online.....or even trying to sell ur account to some newb for ur own profit......and to me both of those are the same as gk/nd.....gk/nd causes server stability....... buying pp online screws up the economy on ur server.....selling a 80 toon to some newb that has NO clue what he's doing gets ppl killed....... so in essence all 3 of these things to me are the same......i havent seen posts about cheap plat or anything but i have seen accounts up for sale.....exiling one problem in game isnt the answer if we here to be saints and do the right thing then yeah take all 3 of those down and ban them from site.....but we not :D we here to hack and to play eq like wev never played before and go down like legends :D.....so yeah ide have to say post it **nod**

I definitely want to point out and stress more what Siddin said. There is NO limitation about what you can talk about on NotAddicted. Feel free to discuss all GK/ND/Warp/Hacking/whatever. No hack is too taboo. This is a free speech and freedom of expression board.

Then in that case just post questions and I'll answer them. I code ND/MB/GK even though ND is permanently broke unless someone comes up with a breakthrough which I doubt will happen. I don't want to go into full detail 100% what it does because source code is private and too much information could lead to more availability but I will answer whatever I can.

-UnKnoWn

I'd stay away from monk bug, friend just got banned for it today. First time he's used it in months he used it to kill few mobs in tmg for face aug within 5 minutes theres a gm there.

I would say they are definitely looking for some specific behavior that they have flagged as representative of a "GK'er", then taking action on it. It has most likely been a result of people's complaints about the issue, and SOE's decision to support the majority of the vocal gaming community. All of the complaints seem to have drawn a reaction at this time. That is why I have refused to even approach ND or GK since it was re-released recently. I have used it in the past, and like others found it was pretty addictive, though I never used it for gearing as opposed to leveling and getting AA's.

Actually their method of catching us is a lot more efficient than that. On the fabled patch, their was no exe (client side) change but their was a server side tracker implemented. The ND, GK, and MB sources all use the combat ability packet.

The data being sent with the combat ability packet for ND can't be tracked, but ND period was broken. The data being sent with MB and GK however both use numbers that don't exist in EQ Live. In other words they work still, but they have been made into their own seperate packets with timestamps on them.

So you can still GK and MB but if the numbers being sent with these packets reaches Sony even if you kill one level 1 mob you will be caught. This data DOES NOT EXIST anymore so even MB'ing 1 time will get you caught unfortunately. They left this data in the server to track cheaters, but it doesn't get sent normally.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, it's the best I can explain it. Abyss is working on a detour that gets rid of range, allowing you to "ghostkill" without packets. So if that all works out then we'll have a new safe GK to use, but no dps hacks.

-UnKnoWn

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems as tho the ban stick gets brought out from time to time for whatever hacks are being over cooked. I lost 3 accounts for doing advtaskmaster back in the day along with many. Now we as a collective group have the gk/mb/nd that has put us all infront of the gun again. It is becoming more and more obvious to me that I personally will only be using the minor hacks and some afk stuff (I know this is still just as dangerous). As for as these topic hacks go I will not be using them until I decide to quit the game then BYE BYE with a bang maybe.

Tommy

For me i was instance only, just as some of the others stated they didnt GK/ND on there main but there alts to have fun on. My alts are WAY better geared up through solteris but my main lacks a lot of TSS stuff still and i raid on him. The only reason i like GK/ND is that i dont have time to raid 4 toons at once, and have fun on my alts being able to tank mobs who can quad for 2500 (Zeka) but with this new expansion, all the gear is kinda evened out anyways so...Id say post it with restrictions, some people just get plain stupid with it.

or the fact that it's being watched for serverside via filters so you can and will be banned very soon after using it now.

I think everyone is missing the point.

If sony wanted all hackers to banned... It would happen. PERIOD!

What sony does is very simple. They ask themselves, Is this good business banning X amount of people? Most times the answer to this question is NO. A suspension will suffice and hopefully they stop.

If you will affect anothers gameplay... your ass will be banned.

Sony knows we warp. Sony could EASILY implement code to ban or suspend those that do it. It just wouldn't be good business banning that many people.

Hacking is very easy to spot... EXPECIALLY Server Side. You aren't banned because its just not good business.

So to the Topic of GK / ND. HELL NO It shouldn't be allowed or used. IT DRAWS FAR TOO MUCH ATTENTION. If I worked for 6 months to get an anguish epic 2.0 drop and then some hacker goes and does it in 10 minutes. You think im going to keep playing the game if I KNOW ABOUT IT????

A little follow up since Noobhaxor bumped the post.

Ghost Kill/ND is dead. They fixed the bug that allowed ND to work, and they have implemented serverside detection to ban anyone using GK/ND/Monk Bug. There IS a toe to toe monk bug out there that still works, but any of the Ghost Kill/across the zone ones are officially dead. While there is still ways to make them work, it's an instant ban if you use them.

Oh, and as for Banning X amount of people being bad business, Blizzard banned over 700k accounts at last count on "Black Tuesday" and didn't break a sweat. And some people swear they didn't do anything and were banned for using a certain version of Linux with a ping lowering plugin. Still, from what I've heard they did not reverse a single ban.

Actually Noobhaxor, a warp detection is already implemented serverside and has been for some time now. NA, MMO, and the other sites have just figured out a way around it. I'm sure they could eventually implement a better, more effective warp detection method but the problem is that many of their more effective methods would accidentally get people banned for lag issues and LD issues, so they just left it at what it is now. Who knows if they will eventually add an unbreakable detection method, I doubt it though.

Well When your game has 10 million subscribers and in the past hacking has destroyed a game (diablo 2). I suppose they have a bit of a diffrent view hehe.

EQ has around 200k subscribers or less. I would imagine 25% are MQ2 Users and 10% are MQ2/Active Hack users. <----Yes i pulled these numbers outta my ass but it sounds good. EQ is holding on despritally and banning a bunch of hackers could possibly hurt there business to the point of shutting down a couple servers for low population. Hell we are already very close to that, why do you think they put out the promotion for old players to come back and get free time and all expansions. There desperate for players as it is. Hence, bad for business.

EDIT: Did they really implement warp detection??? They had been talking about that forever. Packet warping has always been considered the best, but I always used offset warping hehe. Only suspension I got was when i afk warp killing in a macro all of PoJustice... with no player detection... yea, not my brightest hour. (Multiple players petitioned me, and a GM did come and only suspend me.) Why I didn't get banned??? No clue... possible the GM admired the fact I was doing something no other hackers were lol.

Last edited:
I would say 75% are casual MQ2 users that use vanilla MQ (map, /target, etc). I would say 10% are active hackers. EQ made a huge mistake by banning MB on the spot, because about 25% of the player population was made up of bored EQ players that only ever played to ND/MB their raid mobs. I think they've been contemplating for a LONG time if it would be good for business to fix all the hacks, and after the massive amount they lost when they banned for MB they decided it would be better to leave the smaller things available..

This is 100% guessed! All those numbers I pulled out my ass as well, but I have been playing this game for 9 years or so and EVERY SINGLE PERSON (except maybe 3-5) of the hundreds I've ended up talking to on ventrilo has eventually confessed to using MQ2 if they didn't right away. Most of them only said they used it for the map.

do they still make nd/gk hacks or just the mnk destruction hack or is that gone now too....amd jmo is that where you really live cause im not far from there if that is.

Discussion - Ghost Kill and No Delay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back