• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Getting some massive lag today (1 Viewer)

Apothicarian

RedCents
675¢
Not sure if it's the game, my computer, or the program yet, but I'm getting some maaaaassive lag when I launch all of my new gnomes. LOL I know...it's probably a gnomer thing. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if it's just me. :)

Not sure if it's the game, my computer, or the program yet, but I'm getting some maaaaassive lag when I launch all of my new gnomes. LOL I know...it's probably a gnomer thing. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if it's just me. :)
mq2autoclaim has an issue - if you have that loaded try and /marketplace and then close the window after it loads

i heard mq2log has an issue too

I think it might be my system...maybe extra files somewhere or something? It does it even when I'm not running the program. Was perfectly fine last night so I'm thinking it's something unrelated to mq2 now. Hmmmm.... Hubby had the same problem about a month ago and had to wipe his system because EQ wouldn't let him uninstall, but he doesn't use any boxing programs. I think I'll try to repair the files and see how that goes before I do anything crazy. hahaha

I think it might be my system...maybe extra files somewhere or something? It does it even when I'm not running the program. Was perfectly fine last night so I'm thinking it's something unrelated to mq2 now. Hmmmm.... Hubby had the same problem about a month ago and had to wipe his system because EQ wouldn't let him uninstall, but he doesn't use any boxing programs. I think I'll try to repair the files and see how that goes before I do anything crazy. hahaha
check that you dont have /log active on any accounts
made my system go bananas after awhile

Removed the files, and did the /log off thing but it's still doing it. I'm going to guess it's something with my system.
double check you don't have antivirus doin whacky stuff.

also windows 10 has notorious 100% disk usage issues - so if you open your task manager and see that - might be an issue there

Ok...no clue. I did all of that, restared my system, and now everything is working just fine. So strange. Thank you everyone for all of your help!! It is always much appreciated!!! XOXOXO

I have windows defender turned off...I hate that thing. lol
Little know fact is that Microsoft Defender will turn it self on automatically.

Go into your security Center and look at the scanning. See the image below. It says off and reports as off but if you go into "Manage Settings" Real-Time protections is on. Turn that off as well but be aware that Microsoft will turn it back on.
1614028775567.png

1614028705189.png

Question - Getting some massive lag today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back