• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - General Conditions help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
353¢
Hello folks. So first of all, I have no idea of what I am doing but kinda trying by reading things on the wiki and seeing other's INIs. So hold the laughter :)

Now, I have a Druid and a Shaman in the same group. When we want to travel I have it set up so the Druid casts FoE and Foliage Shield. When we get to where we want to get I have a drop invis and levi command. Also I have Spirit of Tala'tak as a buff with my SHAM so what I am trying to accomplish is as follows:

1- Check if Flight of Eagles is on so she doesn't keep casting Tala'Tak as it won't take
2- If FoE is off then cast Tala
3 - If I issue the command to Levi or Invis, I want to cancel Tala'Tak

I have my socials set up for:

DROP LEVI:
/dgae /makemevisible
/dgae /removebuff Flight of Eagles
/dgae /makemevisible

LEVI:
/dexecute DROOD /memspellset Fly
/pause 20
/pause 5, /dexecute DROOD /book
/pause 50, /dexecute DROOD /cast 10
/dexecute DROOD /memspellset Kiss

and

INVIS:
/dexecute DROOD /cast10

Now, on the Sham I was trying to add the condition but all my brain came up with is
Condition for Tala'Tak:
${Me.Buff[Flight of Eagles].ID == NULL}

Of course that is no work so I probably need some professional help here.

Thanks!

Solution
I haven't seen anyone use timers in KA buffs or conditional sections. Off the top of my head, I'd just make an in-game macro to MQP on SHM, buff SOE with DRU, then MQP off SHM (using the /pause function on the prior line) and call it a day. Maybe someone else will have a better solution. Multiline is a great tool for writing hotkeys and @kaen01 wrote a helpful post on using it with timers a while ago. Again, I haven't had the chance to test the timing or functionality of this, so it is probably full of little mistakes, but hopefully gives you some ideas.

/multiline; /dex SHM /mqp on; /memspellset SpellsetName; /timed 80 /dex DRU /cast 10; /timed 100 /dex SHM /mqp off

You can play with that timed number to speed...
Your SHM buff for tala should look something like this:

[Buffs]
BuffsY=Spirit of Tala'Tak|me|CondX

While the condition you're checking (do I have FOE?) should look like this:

[KConditions]
CondX=!${Me.Buff[Flight of Eagles].ID}

This condition is looking at your buffs for the spell "Flight of Eagles" not (!) being present. Note that you are only looking at your own buffs, so if someone else is missing FOE, your condition is not checking for that. That'll probably work most the time since you're grouped and they're group spells, but sometimes it won't. To aim the condition check at your TLO Target rather than yourself (Me), replace those lines above with these:

BuffsY=Spirit of Tala'Tak|CondX

CondX=!${Target.Buff[Flight of Eagles].ID}

If that doesn't work, check to see that the buff name is right. Sometimes the actual buff doesn't match the spell name, so your condition won't work the way you're running it through your head because you gave it bad info.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I think that's working Sivi, however I realized I did not figure out a way to drop Tala from the group without the SHA casting it back immediately
In the condition for buffing with Tala, use the AND (&&) operator to check your other conditions:

CondX=!${Target.Buff[${Spell[Flight of Eagles].RankName}].ID} && !${Target.Buff[${Spell[Invisibility Spell Name].RankName}].ID} && !${Target.Buff[${Spell[Levitate Spell Name].RankName}].ID}

Logically, you are telling your SHM to buff with Tala when these conditions are true:
  • Target does NOT have FOE; AND
  • Target does NOT have invisibility; AND
  • Target does NOT have levitate
Don't use the actual text from above. The italic spells are unknown to me as to what you're looking for. If FOE is the only levitation spell you want to check for, then the only other thing (besides FOE) you would check is invisibility, but MQ should pause buffs while you are invisible anyway.

You can use AND (&&) and/or OR (||) operators in your conditions. AND operators will check that all conditions are true while OR operators will check that one condition is true.

Last edited:
Getting there, thanks so much for your help Sivi. One more question. Is there a way to add a timer to the CondX? What's happening is that I drop Tala for the group so I can cast FoE, but the SHAM immediately mems and casts Tala before the druid can mem it and cast on group

I haven't seen anyone use timers in KA buffs or conditional sections. Off the top of my head, I'd just make an in-game macro to MQP on SHM, buff SOE with DRU, then MQP off SHM (using the /pause function on the prior line) and call it a day. Maybe someone else will have a better solution. Multiline is a great tool for writing hotkeys and @kaen01 wrote a helpful post on using it with timers a while ago. Again, I haven't had the chance to test the timing or functionality of this, so it is probably full of little mistakes, but hopefully gives you some ideas.

/multiline; /dex SHM /mqp on; /memspellset SpellsetName; /timed 80 /dex DRU /cast 10; /timed 100 /dex SHM /mqp off

You can play with that timed number to speed things up (or slow them down) as needed. You could add a second multiline to memorize DRU's normal spell set. You could change the call to cast 10 to a dynamic call to buff with the spell name. You could rewrite the dex and dexecute calls to dgga and call by classname so it works regardless of what group you're running and avoid hardcoded names in your social. You can learn a lot trying to get this to work.

This button could be used by anyone in your group to pause & unpause the shaman + make the druid buff in your group, unless I messed up, of course:

/noparse /dgga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[SHM]}) /multiline; /timed 5 /mqp on; /timed 120 mqp off
/noparse /dgga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[DRU]}) /multiline; /timed 10 /memspellset SpellsetName; /timed 90 /if (${Me.SpellReady[Flight of Eagles]}) /cast "Flight of Eagles"

If it works, credit to @Sic for the info in his BRD invis hotkey. If it doesn't work, you can blame me. 😅

Last edited:
Solution
Question - General Conditions help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back