• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny noob memories. Share yours! (1 Viewer)

NBDistraction

RedCents
My noob story start back in '01 when i first started playing EQ in the 7th grade. I was playing a Dark Elf Necromancer named after some temple of the Protoss ( StarCraft rofl). I was so excited to ding lvl 13 after a hard days grinding of the impossible dwarf camp near the Noobie Log in Nektulos Forest. I was hanging out and asked if anyone had any bonechips and some guy gave me a Enlightened Robe. Somthing like that. It had +3 intelligence. The first item i had ever seen with stats and it was mine. I thought i was the uberest necro in the world. This is where it turned horrible. My mom being nosey as she is decided she wanted to play my new game. So i let her as i went to take a shower. Well i came back to the computer dead. I was sooo pissed. i eventually found out she had died in a lava pit somewhere in the middle of lavastorm rofl. I de'lvld myself 2 lvls trying to get my precious back. After my attempts had failed I must've cried for 2 hrs. Then i remembered customer service :(

My 2nd noob story is also in Everquest. This time I was playing an Iksar Monk when i saw a dwarf pally running around in FoBone so of course i ganked him. Well i had never fought a pally before so when i got Flash of Lighted'ed I flipped out. I kicked the shit out of my computer cause I my adrenaline was rushin. I turned off my monitor 3 times before it wore off and i read Flash of Light has worn off.

Share yours!

WoW is the first MMORPG I've played. I remember on my first ever session being an underpowered Nelf Druid (i.e. WAY before all the good changes to Druids!) and running south of Teldrassil to a lake which runs east to west. I swam along the lake to explore and ran out of the edge into two huge elementals (witherbark?) who were a LOT higher level than me.

"woah sh*t!" followed by a swift sharp death was the result...

Silly n00b mistake to go to the other side of a zone without levelling first. :D

My brother PLed me to 20 in eq. We always took on reds. I said to myself Reds are easy.well next day i see a red in OT. He was a lvl 53 golem.... i was a 20 bst. loading please wait.....

My favorite noob memory is wahen I was level 8 or so just starting back in '99, and someone gave me two pieces of bronze armor, I was the envy of all my friends...they all called me a twink....

Full bronze and dual wielding mino axes 4tw.

I remeber falling out of the trees in Kelethin a lot.

I was looking for a bind once and some noob starting bandaging me.

Member when the coolest weapon was the Centi longswords in both hands.
Geez I farmed them CB belts to level 18 trying to make cash for one.
I member giving a bag to someone under torch number 3 in EC and forgot to get it back till i logged off. /selfbonk
Heh I member geting all buffed up at the bank in kelethin only to fall off the bridge, only took me an hour or so to fight my way back and get the help of a bard then a necro to locate me corpse.

someoneorsomething said:
My brother PLed me to 20 in eq. We always took on reds. I said to myself Reds are easy.well next day i see a red in OT. He was a lvl 53 golem.... i was a 20 bst. loading please wait.....

ROFL

Heres another noob memory.

WAY back in Greater Faydark is where this starts :).

I was a half elf ranger I think with one of those Chipped Bone Bracelets. Don't remember the stats but back then they were a very uber item. So this naked Wood Elf walks up to me and says that she'll give me some entertainment if I give her the bracelet. Well for some reason I decided to give it up not knowing yet what she meant. Well she took me to this hut just to the left of the main bank rofl. GFay was the trade capital back then and was always crowded with 200+ people. So it wasn't a good idea that i was cybering in /SAY!!! After about 3 mins of her ducking and moving back and forth and telling me ohhh it tastes soo good (all the while random people are /shouting "OMG there's 2 people having sex by the bank!!) I see a GM warp right behind me and say "what's going on in here!?" I totally freaked out and ran outta the hut, jumped out of the tress killed myself turned off my computer and deleted the character cause i was so scared i was going to be banned. (I was in 7th grade still.)

When my first char. (mage) was lvl 20 or so on WoW ,I got into my first non~friends only group....we were by the ogrs in Mo GRosh stonghold...they kept shouting SHEEP SHEEP....and for the life of me I wantd to know why they were busy looking for sheep when we were getting hammered by ogrs

Heres another noob memory.

WAY back in Greater Faydark is where this starts :).

I was a half elf ranger I think with one of those Chipped Bone Bracelets. Don't remember the stats but back then they were a very uber item. So this naked Wood Elf walks up to me and says that she'll give me some entertainment if I give her the bracelet. Well for some reason I decided to give it up not knowing yet what she meant. Well she took me to this hut just to the left of the main bank rofl. GFay was the trade capital back then and was always crowded with 200+ people. So it wasn't a good idea that i was cybering in /SAY!!! After about 3 mins of her ducking and moving back and forth and telling me ohhh it tastes soo good (all the while random people are /shouting "OMG there's 2 people having sex by the bank!!) I see a GM warp right behind me and say "what's going on in here!?" I totally freaked out and ran outta the hut, jumped out of the tress killed myself turned off my computer and deleted the character cause i was so scared i was going to be banned. (I was in 7th grade still.)

Lmao You know the sad thing is when i first started EQ Some female character on the game started to cyber me in tells. So naturaly i had to reply right... Well about 15 mins into it my friend asked me what i was doing and i told him im cybering with this girl. His reply was "That isnt a girl in RL" That was the day I relized not is all as it seems lol

I also remember borrowing my friends pally lvl 52 for like 3 monthjs cause his comp blew up and i stayed in High Hold Keep killing guardsa and ruining his faction so he couldnt get his epic sword!

When I created my first char, a Wood Elf Ranger, I got a sword that did a max of 23 dmg and I bragged to my cousins and people in-game I didn't know. So, I walk up to a lvl 65 and said "See my sweet sword? I can hit for 23!!!" and he replied "Really? Follow me" so I did and he pulled out some two-hander and hit for somewhere in the 400's and I thought he was a god...Up until I saw some other people killing weak mobs, hitting in the 400's as well.

Also, when I didn't know about the Gamma setting, I walked into crushbone and began running around, doing /shout's that I couldn't see and my friend had to tell me about it :P

Funny noob memories. Share yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back