• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - from live to test (1 Viewer)

Danthark

RedCents
179¢
Hi all,
i played on live and wanted to test on test server, but i have a problem with mq2

i have to folders for eq, one for live and one for test but only one for mq2. i can log into live without problem but not in test, i have the message below :

i patched eq test version and mq2 test version

1678477920018.png

Solution
your eq version is march 7th, which is the test build, but you are running the feb 13th mq, which is live version.

make sure you run the corresponding version to match

so restart your pc (so you start fresh)
run the eq launcher to ensure you're updated - top left hand corner will say "test" or "live"
once patched, exit out of that
then run the RG launcher - make sure you have selected TEST and then run MQ
if your autologin profiles are trying to launch your Live EQ Version, then you're not running the corresponding version and will run into that issue - so make sure you're running the matching stuff.
your eq version is march 7th, which is the test build, but you are running the feb 13th mq, which is live version.

make sure you run the corresponding version to match

so restart your pc (so you start fresh)
run the eq launcher to ensure you're updated - top left hand corner will say "test" or "live"
once patched, exit out of that
then run the RG launcher - make sure you have selected TEST and then run MQ
if your autologin profiles are trying to launch your Live EQ Version, then you're not running the corresponding version and will run into that issue - so make sure you're running the matching stuff.

Solution
Hi all,
i played on live and wanted to test on test server, but i have a problem with mq2

i have to folders for eq, one for live and one for test but only one for mq2. i can log into live without problem but not in test, i have the message below :

i patched eq test version and mq2 test version

View attachment 47045
In my experience - it is always best practice to have two folders for MQ. One for Live, one for Test. If you are Level 2, you can point these to those two directories in the RG Launcher and manage resources easily instead of trying to play the flip-flop game.

Problem - from live to test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back