• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fresh start 2 class combo to box with (1 Viewer)

RedCents
30¢
If I want to start fresh and only 2 box, what 2 classes should I choose? I would have all the expansions. If there is a thread on this that I misses please point it out for me.

SK Bard is a pretty solid one, honestly. SK Shammy was the old school dual boxing king and would still be a decent choice even with mercs being an option.

In my eyes, either of the Knight tanks + utility dps covers the most ground. The thing about bard is while it's less dps than other combos, it brings all the utility and also covers CC basically as well as you'll ever need it, though if you've got a good camp spot, you can get by with just good pulls (which SK can do). Bard brings just a little of everything, which is hard to beat when you're only playing 2 characters.

Knight+beast offers an awful lot. Slows, spot heals, backup tank (albeit not nearly as good as the knight), decent personal dps, tons of mana regen. Bard I would say is number 1 for this, but this is a close second for me.

Mage+Enchanter can do a large majority of the group content in the game and has been able to ever since mercs came out.

Wildcard - SK+Wizard - With the massive inflation of named HP, this isn't as good as it was a few years back, but they had the burst dps to down named well before SK epic ran out back in TBM and before. All that stuff I said about utility goes right out the window with this combo, but it was a whole lot of fun when I played it by hand.

A ton of combos can work these days though, so in the end it's going to come down to - What do you enjoy playing the most? I know it's the tired 'heard it 100 times' answer but it's true. A buddy of mine has been boxing Warrior Enchanter for years. Before I joined RG, when I didn't feel like boxing my brother and I got through a lot of content with him on mage, me on ranger and no other outside characters.

SK + Shammy (shammy slows and goes full dps mode unless emergency heals are needed). Shammy dot dps is stupid high right now.

My favorite combo for a duo has and always will be necro and shammy, unbelievable powerhouse group. Can run cleric merc and Wiz if you like, but i never did. Just the cleric merc. Let them dots eat! I eventually added a bard, which I know isn't best for that setup, but I love bard speed, plus increasing dot dps was on point! At the end of the day, play what you enjoy, and go from there.

SK + Enc is a great DUO too. Although when I was only DUOing..it was a real person who was running the Enc. Not a Box, and I guess that makes a big difference.

If I was doing it all over again - I'd probably go with Kaen's suggestion. SK and Bard. Will even be more awesome when MQ2Bard is out!!!!

Question - Fresh start 2 class combo to box with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back