• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - FPS problems (1 Viewer)

Draizix

RedCents
50¢
Hi there. Wondering if anyone has any ideas for me. I'm getting low frames in npc crowded places like say crescent reach tower thing or Pok.

My tank is the person I'll play and have graphics up. I know a lot of stuff I've read says shadows take up a lot of frames and aren't very good and I have those off. I have the shader boxes checked.

I also have the new models on for tank only. Soon as old models are on the fps is tending to be better but surely my pc would be fine for them?

Specs: windows 10 / ryzen 5800x3d / 3080 / 32gb ram.

Any ideas or are these npc areas just running crappy due to old game?

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Also check out framelimter

Do you use the MQ Frame limiter? /mqsettings. I recommend adjusting frame limiter settings in eq also. You can try turning off some effects and see if your fps improves without much compromise on your gaming experience. Sky reflections, recucing the update interval might help a little. It's a type of adjusting that might take several small tweaks to add up to a noticeable result. You can also do ctrl + alt + del and take a look at your system resources. If you're sitting at 80% used for memory or cpu, you may get spikes that will drop your fps lower during the spike. If your memory usage is high, sort the list by highest to lowest and see which applications you might close to free up some memory, cpu usage might also improve when unneeded applications are closed.

1702616763134.png

1702616800849.png

Last edited:
Do you use the MQ Frame limiter? /mqsettings. I recommend adjusting frame limiter settings in eq also. You can try turning off some effects and see if your fps improves without much compromise on your gaming experience. Sky reflections, recucing the update interval might help a little. It's a type of adjusting that might take several small tweaks to add up to a noticeable result. You can also do ctrl + alt + del and take a look at your system resources. If you're sitting at 80% used for memory or cpu, you may get spikes that will drop your fps lower during the spike. If your memory usage is high, sort the list by highest to lowest and see which applications you might close to free up some memory, cpu usage might also improve when unneeded applications are closed.

View attachment 54598

View attachment 54599
Frame limiter havent tried yet. The cpu load is generally only 10% or so if even that while running. I have it in high performance mode in windows power management too. Shadows so far has been the biggest culprit and new models but was hoping to maybe keep the models on at least for the main driver. I have no issues with other games running perfectly fine which is why I was wondering if this is just an EQ thing with newer hardware.

The mq frame limiter is magic when you set eq's frame limiter to get out of the way. You can probably set your foreground max fps well above 30. Once you get the background fps limited to .001 fps, it really frees up resources for the foreground window to run smooth.

I've also had success in removing my eq.ini file, then creating a new one with the eq launcher. I copied certain parts of the old ini to the new one once it was created. Key binds and such. It was a night and day difference, like I was running on a more powerful system.

I box 6 EQ clients and 2 or 3 EVE online Clients at same time, most of the time with MQ Frame limiter is acceptable.

However if you are using it and at some point it lags is not because of ur pc, is because of the game engine.

It happends to all of us at certain zones.

Hopefully DirectX 11 will introduce greater efficiency. I'm looking forward to it, hoping for the best. =-)
Hi! I'm from the future.

Sorry to say, it wont.

I got the same problem, my solution is to hide all AFK players in all zones.. its gives me a FPS boost.. but it does not remove the huge stuttering when panning around with the right mouse button.

5600X/7900XT/32GB RAM, and a 240HZ 32" 1440P monitor.

Also, I have removed the shadows etc etc.

On my Lenovo laptop with Intel 10th gen I5 and a RTX3050TI, the game runs butter smooth! 1080P 165hz monitor.

Both systems uses NVME.

So frame limiter does help out some. Its always been fine in places that seem to not be PoK etc. Lots of NPC's with new models and advanced lighting seems to just kill frames for whatever reason. For now I guess I will just have to deal with it .

Discussion - FPS problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back