• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Forever grinding (1 Viewer)

RedCents
17¢
It seems that once you get all the group missions done ToV and the experience slows down where do you grind out the last couple levels before you can take on the new ToL missions? CoV missions do not offer that great of experience so I imagine i would only do those for progression and items and not exp.

not sure if this is a question or a statement, plus you tagged it IRL.

if it is a question - do the merc/partisan lines, they're good chunk of xp.

since tov they wanted folks to "do content" and not just grind mobs to xp

not sure if this is a question or a statement, plus you tagged it IRL.

if it is a question - do the merc/partisan lines, they're good chunk of xp.

since tov they wanted folks to "do content" and not just grind mobs to xp
Thanks, I will work on those as well. Just seems so slow and didn't realize that progression is the biggest experience gain now.

To frankly honest, I don’t think DP cares if you do the content: You can legitimately accept task adds for the missions, and ride Overseers the remainder of the way. While that approach is slower than doing all the progression, it’s entirely possible. Going back few years to an interview DP did with some website (google the source yourself), one of the hardest part of designing a level change expansion was micromanaging the experience level curve. The current rumor is that DP is trying to reduce the amount developers working on EQ. And that is where my tinfoil hat theory fits in. I believe the primary purpose of the progression + overseers approach to leveling is just way to reduce amount time spent on that portion of development. Since bonus experience on progression mission/task is one time deal, and Overseers is locked by time, they don’t have to fiddle much with this approach.

Question - Forever grinding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back