• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - follow jam (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
It never ceases to amaze me how processes I take for granted are taken over by mq. Or I am guessing it is mq, at this point. I run mq while running 2 toons. I don't automate them, in the usual sense, but switch back and forth, as I need. Having said that. while traveling to a point in a zone, I simply had one toon /follow another. When the first toon arrived. I turned around and didn't see the other. switching to the other, I found it jammed in a corner. I tried lesser succor (it is a druid) and it couldn't cast. I couldn't camp, and I couldn't turn, look up, look down or anything. I switched back to the first toon and ran past the second, expecting it to turn to me. but no. The second was trying to follow a trail my first had created there (a green colored line on the map) and back again. My question is, is there an UNFOLLOW command, to regaining control again?

I'm pretty sure everyone has been there at some stage.

Navigating/Chasing/Following/Camping is an extremely important skill to know whats happening - and how to stop it.

Red's suggestion above is correct, but there are other situations where this can happen with MQ2Nav

You can open your NAV UI and change a setting to allow it to break with a keypress.

Sic posted about it here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2nav-release-thread.43040/post-490758
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2nav-release-thread.43040/post-490758

I think Sic made these, can't remember.

Copy/paste each of these lines into your MQ2 chat window to quickly create 3 different socials that will stop any and all movement.

/hot StopMe 13 /squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off; /travelto stop

/hot StopAll 13 /bcaa //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off; /travelto stop

/hot StopGrp 13 /bcga //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off; /travelto stop

Problem - follow jam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back