• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Firiona Vie Krono Price? (1 Viewer)

Cthule

RedCents
70¢
Few quick questions:

-Where are people trading Krono on the FV server? I am told that bazaar has 2 million plat limit so nobody trades Krono on Bazaar
-How many Plat are Krono's going for on FV? I cant seem to find this info anywhere
-Is there anyone who wants to sell a Krono on FV? ;)

Context:

My TLP toons ran out of sub time. I logged onto some level 1's on FV to transfer krono to resub. Krono poofed during the process. Opened a ticket with CS and pleaded my case. They gave me plat equivalent to Krono on FV...:argh: PITA.

Few quick questions:

-Where are people trading Krono on the FV server? I am told that bazaar has 2 million plat limit so nobody trades Krono on Bazaar
-How many Plat are Krono's going for on FV? I cant seem to find this info anywhere

Context:

My TLP toons ran out of sub time. I logged onto some level 1's on FV to transfer krono to resub. Krono poofed during the process. Opened a ticket with CS and pleaded my case. They gave me plat equivalent to Krono on FV...:argh: PITA.
that sounds pretty insane to give you plat.

I read a Dev comment a long time ago, apparently, they can't add the sale of a Krono on their balance sheet till it has been consumed. Guess this is a quick way to shuffle that along instead of reimbursing the krono.

Sharp practice though, and they should know what his intention was since he did infact, consume it

To answer Cthule's question though, last I checked in on FV Krono's were worth around 3.5million pp

Yeah, the crazy thing is... they misinterpreted my issue (even though I gave them TONS of details) and they gave me 16.8 million plat. If it is true that krono is going from 4 - 4.5 m I think I just made 3 krono off of this blip.

@jande - Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, the crazy thing is... they misinterpreted my issue (even though I gave them TONS of details) and they gave me 16.8 million plat. If it is true that krono is going from 4 - 4.5 m I think I just made 3 krono off of this blip.

@jande - Thank you!!!

HAHAHAHA, I was reading this thinking "Thats messed up", thinking they gave you like 3 M or something.

Also, WTF Krono screwups are still happening?
I wonder what the guy on the other side got

Just out of curiosity, what did you tell them? Maybe they just did it to say "He can't really complain about this"

There is a big bug with krono right now which hopefully will be corrected in tomorrow morning's patch

Players are trading them or trying to consume them and it doesn't take.

Plus lot of accounts are stuck in "pending" payment status.

I read a Dev comment a long time ago, apparently, they can't add the sale of a Krono on their balance sheet till it has been consumed. Guess this is a quick way to shuffle that along instead of reimbursing the krono.
This is bad information that keeps floating around, the money from krono is available when it is sold. They might carry a liability for outstanding krono on their books (although even that is dubious since kronos have no redeemable value outside of subscription time, which itself has no guarantees), but it hits the balance sheet as soon as it is sold.

This is bad information that keeps floating around, the money from krono is available when it is sold. They might carry a liability for outstanding krono on their books (although even that is dubious since kronos have no redeemable value outside of subscription time, which itself has no guarantees), but it hits the balance sheet as soon as it is sold.
Unless they are a public company, their financial requirements would be based on their ownership. Generally accepted accounting principles would have them treat kronos as a gift card, in which they carry a liability as Knightly stated until the Krono is redeemed. This is entirely based on giving ownership an idea of what they can be held accountable for based on a point-in-time (date of the statement). Based on tax law, they can only defer paying their taxes on the income for two years in the US, and likely similar under IFRS for international. Since they don't have an actual cost beyond keeping the lights on, they are not really impacted in the sale of Kronos outside of it's potential to reduce direct subscription revenue and their inability to control Kronos after sale so there is likely no deferral.

Business law requires consideration to be given for a transaction to complete, so while Daybreak can terminate your access to your characters, they cannot alter your Kronos at their discretion without opening themselves up to the liability that you can go after them for altering the consideration you are provided. Technically, if they banned an account with kronos, you could take them to court and the law won't even recognize their EULA in the context that they sold you 'something'. Your real issue becomes that you need to quantify and prove damages, and balance that with court costs and any legal fees. This also doesn't mean that you can take them to court without hiring someone and think you'll come out on top. They can counter-sue for their legal fees if your not looking at a slam dunk case, so I'd say good luck if your not creating some sort of class-action. The law is also open to interpretation, so there is never a guarantee of what will happen.

Paying you back in platinum sounds like a bad way to replace a lost Krono, but it might be that the Krono balances and sales are in a very controlled configuration that the developers can't access without getting other business operation folks involved. Although developers may or may not have the technological ability to alter the game, these developers are employees and do not have unlimited authority.

Few quick questions:

Context:

Kronos have been and continue to be broken for some time (despite what they claimed on the most recent patch). I literally wanted to remove the uncertainty from my stash...17/20 i clicked, 3 didn't work...I didn't go through all the petitioning crap...so at least on my main sub accounts they're solid for the next quarter or so. If you're buying/trading know that you can still get kronos that poof on click

On our server it's ridiculous right now...they're selling for 2.5-5 mil each (if you can find them)...i stopped buying altogether until the actually fix them

Question - Firiona Vie Krono Price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back