• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Final Fugue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
308¢
Anybody have any ideas on how to complete this mission when you dont have a stunning class? I run a melee crew with a shaman and SK so I have nobody with an actual stun spell. Stun AAs and combat abilities (rogue disc, zerker disc, bard AA) dont seem to work. I tanked him for a good 40 minutes with his health locked at 80% and couldnt get him to do it. Ended up just gating all my guys to Guild Hall and gave up.

tried any stun proc weapons ?
these classes at least can have one
Bard, Beastlord, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior

Read on the EQ forums the stun needs to have a mana cost, limiting it to 5 or 6 classes that could potentially unlock him. Don't quote me too hard on that though as I'm possibly relaying old info if a hotfix went in.

I tested weapon proc stuns last night. They didn't seem to work. I left them melee'ing for a good 3+ minutes and he never unlocked. I also tried snare, mez, root, stat buffs, heals, throwing the kitchen sink at him, etc. Nothing seemed to unlock him but a cast spell stun. Stun doesn't have to land though(can be resisted or a stun that is far too low level). Even a level 2 cleric stun worked.

I tested weapon proc stuns last night. They didn't seem to work. I left them melee'ing for a good 3+ minutes and he never unlocked. I also tried snare, mez, root, stat buffs, heals, throwing the kitchen sink at him, etc. Nothing seemed to unlock him but a cast spell stun. Stun doesn't have to land though(can be resisted or a stun that is far too low level). Even a level 2 cleric stun worked.
forced persona use? lol - lame

Read on the EQ forums the stun needs to have a mana cost, limiting it to 5 or 6 classes that could potentially unlock him. Don't quote me too hard on that though as I'm possibly relaying old info if a hotfix went in.

If that's the case you could try pebble crusher or marked glowing staff - older items with actual spells as the proc (stun), rather than chaotic strike etc. These might get around the trigger because the proc'd ability actually has a mana cost, technically, in the spell data

paladin, cleric, druid, enchanter, necro, wizard -- until they fix the mission, you need one of these in your group

You're also not getting your spider achievement from heroes are forged mission without a badass mage pet, if you don't run a mage, your shaman pet isn't doing to be enough to break egg sacs in time, so you get adds, but the mission is totally doable. Took me 3 tries but got it down without any deaths with my melee-heavy group.

paladin, cleric, druid, enchanter, necro, wizard -- until they fix the mission, you need one of these in your group

You're also not getting your spider achievement from heroes are forged mission without a badass mage pet, if you don't run a mage, your shaman pet isn't doing to be enough to break egg sacs in time, so you get adds, but the mission is totally doable. Took me 3 tries but got it down without any deaths with my melee-heavy group.
I have SK, BST and SHM pets. Sending all 3 maybe would be enough?

Have you tried the stun weapons discussed above?

Unless Im wrong, Bards only have a stun song which is a self only barrier, so unless the bard is tanking, that wont work, and not sure if barrier type would trigger it. They do have a "real" stun at level 55 but it has no mana cost, and a 5 minute cooldown timer. So even if it had a mana cost, that would make for a really long fight since you need to stun like 5 times throughout the kill.

I ended up beating him by just swapping my shm for my clr, but seems really stupid that I had to do this in the first place. hopefully they'll tweak it soon.

Ranger flaming arrows do not work. I'm not sure why - my aa procs on enemies lvl 118 or above (the mob is 118) and has a mana cost, but it would not go off and I let him shoot for 5 minutes. Maybe it needs to hit to proc, and since he's locked it doesn't hit?

Unless Im wrong, Bards only have a stun song which is a self only barrier, so unless the bard is tanking, that wont work, and not sure if barrier type would trigger it. They do have a "real" stun at level 55 but it has no mana cost, and a 5 minute cooldown timer. So even if it had a mana cost, that would make for a really long fight since you need to stun like 5 times throughout the kill.

I ended up beating him by just swapping my shm for my clr, but seems really stupid that I had to do this in the first place. hopefully they'll tweak it soon.
Bellow line should do it since it has mana attached.

If you want a clicky version, I think that should work... and give you a little more control, but 5 charges is lame.

Otherwise: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2665 should be kinda easy to farm, but you have to melee.
This worked for me just now. Farmed a couple for my bard and equipped them both and he was unlocking without me casting stuns from my cleric. The "Gnoll Hide Lariat" that is.

This worked for me just now. Farmed a couple for my bard and equipped them both and he was unlocking without me casting stuns from my cleric. The "Gnoll Hide Lariat" that is.
Good to know there is a workaround. Also, for those who don't know--it seems like he "locks" about 5 times per kill (not sure if it's time related or %), and it takes about 5-6 stuns to get him to unlock.

Found a new strat. Once you know where the egg sacs spawn, after the slime is killed before you fully engage the spider, you can stick 1 character (DPS preferred) in each room. When the spider ports, the characters there won't be kicked out of the room, and should be able to pop the egg sacs.
Rince/Repeat 4x and the spider is dead, grats achievement.

The spider queen doesn't go active until the egg sac is dead, so you need not worry about your zerk or shaman etc being killed. Just be proactive on your tank to pick up the spider again.

I just ran this mission tonight with a pretty stacked group and it was brutally easy.

All I did was kill a few wimpy trash mobs, follow the quest npcs and then kill a few mini-bosses who engage you 1 by 1 and simply die.

Finally, the last boss spawns near you. He goes invul every 20% hp or so, but I just bandoliered to gnoll hide lariat / pebble crusher and in less than 5 seconds he was prone again. Rinse and repeat until dead. There was some blinding mechanic, but um....that doesn't really affect us.

Also, during the minis and final boss, I saw adds appear on my xtarget and spawn right under me....but they just poofed after a few seconds and never did anything. :confused:

I think my DPS was just so high that I somehow bypassed mechanics, or they are just plain broken, I dunno.

Can confirm--stun proc weps including Pebble Crusher and Gnoll Hide Lariat work during the final boss invulnerability period. Mission super easy with any group comp now.

Yep, just finished this as well bard and rogue duel welding gnoll hide lariet's made the invulnerable stage almost instant during burn. Actually managed to get the plucked achievement because we skipped the whole thing.

Anyone able to give me a brief rundown on how to do this? Run Pal/Shm/Rog/Rng/Zerk/Brd so have stuns from my tank ! im also only 121 atm, should i wait til im a bit higher? (All MaxAAs pre LS)

Anyone able to give me a brief rundown on how to do this? Run Pal/Shm/Rog/Rng/Zerk/Brd so have stuns from my tank ! im also only 121 atm, should i wait til im a bit higher? (All MaxAAs pre LS)
This one is incredibly easy if you have a beefy tank. You just trigger it and kill 4 mobs that path in. The army of npc's you are helping will move. Follow them and kill a few more mobs that rush in. Keep following them as they move until they get to the final spot. 4 mini bosses will come in one by one as you kill the previous one. Nothing special about any of them except a big mana drain on the tank on the 3rd one. Once those 4 are dead, main boss spawns in. No big mechanics on him other than the hp lock. He locks every 18%. 1-2 stuns will unlock him. There is a big aura that pops up when he gets to around 20% but I ignore it and don't even try to get out of it. Kill boss, loot chest.

Yep. As long as you keep everyone on chase and follow the army around there is nothing you have to do other than kill stuff and stun to unlock the final boss. You can even make a hotkey to /tar one of the army guys you follow and /nav target just in case you get lost from them.

Discussion - Final Fugue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back