• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Filling 4 box (1 Viewer)

Banshee21

RedCents
33¢
Hey guys ive got a mage main i wanna play on TLP currently on the OOW era. I have a bunch of classes so im trying to see what i can fill a decent 4box with to farm named and do small epic steps

Mage
Paladin
Shaman or Druid
Bard or Necro

Edit: Would mage pets once hitting TSS be decent for tanking/damage with shaman/bard buffs hitting them on 4 man content? If i swap the Shaman out with a druid and bard with a necro how would that change things later on?

Last edited:
I think you'll want to keep the shaman for the best slows, especially if the goal is to be able to 4-box named mobs.

Bard and necro seem like kind of a toss-up to me. On the one hand, bards a great in pretty much any group and always add value. On the other hand, you're going to be light on dps (since it's not a full group), and the necro would help with that a lot, at the expense of better CC.

If it was me, I'd probably make that 4th slot an enchanter. They'll at least be able to add charm dps while keeping things locked down.

With a four-man team, you'll never win on dps alone, so I'd favor survivability.

Holy Trinity is still the best IMHO. Once you get used to it, you will most likely drive the rest from the main toon. Since you already included a Paladin, I would do the following:

Paladin - Rogue Merc
Cleric - Rogue Merc
Enc/Bard - CC
Mage

But if you are boxing 4, might as well box 6. I say this to everyone. "Hey guys, I am boxing 3 and need help." Or "Hey all, I want to 5 box, but I don't know about the last Merc. Melee or caster?" If you aren't legit 2 boxing, then box 6. Just my 2c.

If your not going to drive with your tank (most do it for ease) chanter or bard are second best options imo. One of my RL friends drive on his chanter (he mains one) so hes able to go through and charm a mob here, make it fight this mob to the death here, punt, mez, mem wipe here.. so its 100% possible lol.

Question - Filling 4 box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back