• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Few more newbie questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,040¢
So got it all installed and testing out today. It so far has been fun. I do have a few more questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1) Does there exist some method to accept quests, loot, confirm messages etc short of going through all 6 boxes and manually clicking?
2) so I got my toons all to assist me and that worked fine if I wanted to be main tank but my goal was to play one of my other chars and not focus so much on tanking. I tried setting kiss assist to main assist off my warrior but he just stands there looking confused when something comes up to attack the group. Is there something I am missing?
3) Is it normal after you do a /end and afk for a few that when re-enabling kissassist it is finnicky about starting back up? Sometimes I can get it to fire off and others I have to go through a loop of /end and then on one box start the macro then I can /bcaa.

1 - mq2yes plugin can do a lot of that. See the Yes section of friedfryz's tips For loot, you can use mq2autoloot to handle that for all toons. Beyond accepting loot, you can use it to distribute loot too, such as give 10 of this quest item to each toon or give this no-drop armor to only warriors.

2 - If you want the warrior to auto tank, change their KA role to Tank in the ini file. Or start them with the role modifier "/mac kissassist Tank" or Pullertank or whatever you want to change them too.

3 - Not normally finicky about starting a macro, but you do sometimes have to issue the "/end" command more than once. I usually broadcast it twice "/bcaa //end" Sometimes it is much easier to use a pause hotkey instead of restarting. "/bcaa //mqp on" or "/bcaa //mqp off" plus you can add a /camphere on or off toggle if you're moving the group and want to reset the camp location. You can see advanced pause hotkey options in friedfryz, or Sicpro hotkey guides.

Greetings All... I am the Original ID_10_T.... I know nothing about everything. So with that said I have a lot of questions... First just to let you know I have watched all the videos (several times) and read most of the guides (several times) and everything I can on the forums. I don't even know if this is the right place to post this. So lets get started.... I have got the launcher set up, and following the video I have the autologin working. I also have the EQBCS also up and running. Made a three toon group and ready to begin... Now the question: Do you have to do /mac kissassist every time you log-in? Reading one of the guides on kissassist it show several ways to use it as in example: /mac Kissassist assist Bob, also /mac kissassist assist Bob|98 (I take it that's his health level when the party begins to help), and /mac kissassist assist BobTank. Now is Bob the tank? Am I setting Bob to be the tank? Has Bob changed his Name to BobTank?

The Videos say to target who ever is to be the MA. I take it that means Main Assist. But when I set the roles I have a Tank role and a Main Assist role. So what does MA mean?

The Video show how to edit the ini file for the role so does this override target Char's role or does setting the roles override the one in the ini file?

Do you have to start every plugin each time you play? In the macro folder their are so many .mac files do you have to turn them all on like Kissassist or just when you need them and what do they do?

You all have done so much great work and their is a lot of information, so much so that a lot of it is confusing. Examples are done but not really explained well. (see above). Terminology is not there. Examples: mqp I finally found in the forums that gives a clue as to what this is (I take it that this pauses a macro on/off depending on the switch.)

In trying to make some of the in-game macro socials you have !{Me.something} what does Me mean? Do I add some kind of text or name in it or do I put it in the macro and pray for the best? Dose Me mean Me as in char name or something else? Do I just put everything in the macro social example into the in-game social window as is or do I need to change some part of it to something specific?

Please excuse me for not understanding some of the things here where it looks like most folks have a basic understand of what you are all talking about... Remember I know nothing about this stuff and I am trying real hard to understand it.

You all have my highest praise and congratulations for what you have done and what you are doing.

Greetings All... I am the Original ID_10_T.... I know nothing about everything. So with that said I have a lot of questions... First just to let you know I have watched all the videos (several times) and read most of the guides (several times) and everything I can on the forums. I don't even know if this is the right place to post this. So lets get started.... I have got the launcher set up, and following the video I have the autologin working. I also have the EQBCS also up and running. Made a three toon group and ready to begin... Now the question: Do you have to do /mac kissassist every time you log-in? Reading one of the guides on kissassist it show several ways to use it as in example: /mac Kissassist assist Bob, also /mac kissassist assist Bob|98 (I take it that's his health level when the party begins to help), and /mac kissassist assist BobTank. Now is Bob the tank? Am I setting Bob to be the tank? Has Bob changed his Name to BobTank?

The Videos say to target who ever is to be the MA. I take it that means Main Assist. But when I set the roles I have a Tank role and a Main Assist role. So what does MA mean?

The Video show how to edit the ini file for the role so does this override target Char's role or does setting the roles override the one in the ini file?

Do you have to start every plugin each time you play? In the macro folder their are so many .mac files do you have to turn them all on like Kissassist or just when you need them and what do they do?

You all have done so much great work and their is a lot of information, so much so that a lot of it is confusing. Examples are done but not really explained well. (see above). Terminology is not there. Examples: mqp I finally found in the forums that gives a clue as to what this is (I take it that this pauses a macro on/off depending on the switch.)

In trying to make some of the in-game macro socials you have !{Me.something} what does Me mean? Do I add some kind of text or name in it or do I put it in the macro and pray for the best? Dose Me mean Me as in char name or something else? Do I just put everything in the macro social example into the in-game social window as is or do I need to change some part of it to something specific?

Please excuse me for not understanding some of the things here where it looks like most folks have a basic understand of what you are all talking about... Remember I know nothing about this stuff and I am trying real hard to understand it.

You all have my highest praise and congratulations for what you have done and what you are doing.
You could have kiss run automatically when you login but it is better to just make a hotkey on your main character that starts and stops kiss for you. So you login, press the button, and off you go. Say your tank is called Frank, you could make a hotkey like this:
/bcaa //target Frank
/pause 20
/bcaa //mac kissassist

That is all you need. You can have extra rules after the kissassist part but you don't need to do that. If you just do it like I wrote above, it will use whatever the rules are that you setup in the character's ini file. So once you set that up, it will always work the same way. So that first line tells everyone to target Frank, then pause 2 seconds, and then everyone will run the kissassist macro while they are targeting Frank. This will make Frank set himself as the Tank (and Main Assist), and all the others will play as 'Assists'. You can do it without having them target the tank first, by doing /mac kissassist assist Frank but the tank already needs to target himself so I like to just have everyone target the tank and then run kiss. The bit which says /bcaa is telling every character on your computer using macroquest. And after that it does /target Frank which is just an EQ command. Because of the broadcasting software you need an extra /

MA means Main Assist, and usually people have this as the tank because it is much easier that way. In the tank's ini file it should say Role=Tank at the top. His role is tank, but he is also the main assist. Everyone will assist him and attack whatever he is attacking.

The other macros in the folder are not needed, kiss will do everything. Some of them might be useful to you like the one that does fishing for you etc. But they are not essential. You can get a lot more than just those ones too in the Resources section.

The documentation is really hard to make because it is complex software, but just take your time and search the forum for anything you don't know and you will become pro in time. If you can't find something just ask and people are really good on the forum. There is also a discord chat. I have a guide which might help somewhat. And another one with more commands.

Most stuff just works without having to do any code. Like a typical usage of kiss would be to change DPS1=NULL to DPS1=Flame Strike. So it is quite simple. But if you want to do more advanced things then sometimes you need to use code, but there is tons of the code all over this site so you can just copy other peoples code. It takes some time to understand how the code needs to look though but you can learn that in time. In your example the Me part is referring to your character, and the part after the dot can be a lot of different things for it to check. So for example ${Me.PctHPs} will check what percentage your health is. Or ${Me.Aura] will check what aura spell you have active. ${Me.Feigning} will check to see if you are currently feigned. There are tons of these and you can find them as you need them. But that is more advanced and you don't need to do any of it if you just copy someone elses ini file which has all that done already.

Last edited:
I want to thank you so much. Your post has cleared up some of the questions I had. From what you have said I have now made a camp/quit macro using BCAA and works great. Again thanks. I was able to take my group and complete Glooming so thanks. The example you gave was great I was able to follow it (since I have made social macros on main Char's for awhile. I just had to see it set up like that.

Next question: Do I use the mqpause on/off to stop char from constantly casting short duration buffs and just med till full or is there another way to have them stop and just med till full?

Do I use or set up Loot. ini to sell items to merchants? On destroying an item my char want to put it back in the bag before I can click the yes tab. Do I need to set up MQYes or is this one working in the background?

I went back and reread the areas that you mentioned and they are starting to make some sense. I will continue to do things and check the forums and guides and try to figure out things first before I ask for help...(just a lot of information that is here to sift through to find what I need but it here just have to look for it)
Again thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Med to full (don't rebuff) - There isn't a default setting that forces med to full while ignoring Buff section. MedCombat wouldn't stop you from rebuffing. Yes you can use /mqp to pause toon and manually med to full. If you have specific buffs you don't want to refresh while medding, you could add a condition that checks if you have like over 80% mana before re-casting them.

Loot.ini - You can see the setting and ini setup on the mq2autoloot page. For "sell" I think the plugin will keep track of what you sell manually and mark those as sell. Then if you open a vendor and use "/autoloot sell" it will sell all stacks of those items. You can manually update/add items to your Loot.ini too with =Sell.

For destroy, manual edit works, but I use a hotkey "/setitem destroy" and then you hold the item on your cursor and hit the hotkey. It destroys that item (no confirmation box) and will auto-destroy all other ones you loot. It will not destroy any others in your bags though.

Last edited:
I want to thank you so much. Your post has cleared up some of the questions I had. From what you have said I have now made a camp/quit macro using BCAA and works great. Again thanks. I was able to take my group and complete Glooming so thanks. The example you gave was great I was able to follow it (since I have made social macros on main Char's for awhile. I just had to see it set up like that.

Next question: Do I use the mqpause on/off to stop char from constantly casting short duration buffs and just med till full or is there another way to have them stop and just med till full?

Do I use or set up Loot. ini to sell items to merchants? On destroying an item my char want to put it back in the bag before I can click the yes tab. Do I need to set up MQYes or is this one working in the background?

I went back and reread the areas that you mentioned and they are starting to make some sense. I will continue to do things and check the forums and guides and try to figure out things first before I ask for help...(just a lot of information that is here to sift through to find what I need but it here just have to look for it)
Again thanks for the help.
You're welcome glad to see you making so much progress! If you are used to hotkeys then I recommend making 4 (or more) rows of them and you can start adding lots of hotkeys to do lots of things. Like I have one to make all my characters use a portal stone and one to cast a group port etc.

I think it is rare that people use mqp or stop their macro. I only ever used to stop it on Live when I was when I went to PoK and wanted to not look like I was using MQ2. The rest of the time the macro is running and doing everything for me. Kiss should handle buffs for you, it should cast it on whoever you set up in the ini file, and only when it is needed. If it is spamming something then either it is a bug or a mistake in the ini file, and even if it is a bug it is sometimes able to be fixed with a 'condition'. You can copy and paste your ini files into here and we can check it out.

For medding, I think the best way is to just set it in the ini file at the top in [General] to say MedStart=99 so that as soon as they use any mana, they will start sitting and medding whenever you are not fighting. I think the file starts as something like MedStart=20 as default but I don't like that because it means they don't sit to med until they are almost out of mana which is bad. Set it to 99 and they will always be medding as they should. The only downside is if you want to travel somewhere while they are below 99%, they will keep trying to sit. But that's when you could use the mqp, although personally I just afk a moment and let them med, so I always travel on 100% mana.

Kiss could do everything for you but looting is one thing I still do for myself. You will have mq2autoloot as standard and it is really powerful and does a lot, but it will take some time to figure out how to set it up. I used to use it and it was amazing for selling all my junk, but I stopped using it because it was auto looting no-drop items on characters I didn't want them on. It might have been updated since then though, you can try it out. Like eqtrader said there is an ini file for that too which lets you set things up. It is in the same folder as your ini files. Lots of options. And you can also set characters to loot for you automatically, in their ini file at the top in the [General] section, do LootOn=1 and they will loot stuff. I liked to have my bard to do it because he didn't need to med so he could loot up while my casters med and I was pulling with my warrior.

Don't worry about asking on the forum, people are cool. Although I found an answer to almost everything with the search because so much is already on the forum. It can be too overwhelming to try to do everything at once, because mq2/kiss can do a million things. But if you focus on getting all your characters buffing automatically, your healers healing reliably, casters nuking and their aggro management setup, melees doing their thing, then that is a great start. And if you have a mezzer get them being good at that too. Then setup your [AE] sections. Then spend some time to get mq2autologin setup so that you can login all your characters with one click. Then make sure mq2viewport is working how you like. Then get a bit more advanced and start using mq2nav and mq2easyfind which lets you send your characters to an NPC or even other zones automatically. And then much later on you can setup a character to pull for you. Basically there is always something you can be working on, but take it step by step so it doesn't become a chore. It might take a few weeks or whatever but eventually the characters will be like real people. I've been using it for years and it still blows my mind :D

Last edited:
Hello Folks... ID10T back again.... Got some new questions.... First off things are working mostly the way I want. Still got a bunch of hic ups but working on them..

1. General question about KA ini ... If I C+P the class ini files to my char ini. Do I have to rerun the KA macro or can I just use the class ini file from here as it is?

2. (if there is a 1 then their has to be a 2) Do I have to run the macros in the MQ2 folder if I want to do something with one of them or are they working in the background? An example would be Mq2melee. Do I have to run it first before I give it commands or can I just issue the commands that I want to use?

Again thanks..... Learning alot...

1. General question about KA ini ... If I C+P the class ini files to my char ini. Do I have to rerun the KA macro or can I just use the class ini file from here as it is?

I think you're confused. There are not 2 types of ini files for KissAssist. IDK where you got "class" vs "char" ini, but there is only 1 type of ini file used by the current build of KissAssist. If you copypasta a file from this site into your local ini file, then yes, you have to restart the kissassist macro. Macros read their respective ini files only one time when you first start them up by typing /mac macroName. If you make changes while it's running, you have to /endmac and restart.

2. (if there is a 1 then their has to be a 2) Do I have to run the macros in the MQ2 folder if I want to do something with one of them or are they working in the background? An example would be Mq2melee. Do I have to run it first before I give it commands or can I just issue the commands that I want to use?

MQ2Melee is not a macro. It is a plugin. Plugins are always running once they're loaded and they can be configured to load automatically when you start up MQ2. You can have as many plugins running simultaneously as you want or that your system can handle, providing there are no conflicts. Sometimes people will try to load up every plugin they have, just because, and then they end up with an unstable MQ2 build. Only have loaded what you need. Macros, on the other hand, are limited to one running macro at a time and should all be located in the Release/Macros folder. If they're somewhere else, they likely won't be found by MQ2. Once a plugin like MQ2Melee is loaded you can use it's commands whenever you like.

Thank you for the explanation. I might not have explained it right. I know that there is only one ini file that KA uses which is the Kissassist_Mytoon.ini file. The character class ini file here at the site, that you can copy and paste to your Kissassist_Mytoon.ini is what I was trying to get at. So from your explanation I take it that any change to the Kissassist_Mytoon.ini file has to then be restarted with /mac kissassist. (kneels at bed and begins to pray)

So to use another macro I first have to end the current macro and then use the /mac whatever to start the macro I want to use. I use the wrong thing in my previous example. I should have used Arrow.mac, Beg.mac, chat.mac and fish.mac to name a few that are in the Macros folder in MQ2 folder. So if I want to say fish, I would have to end KA first and run the fish.mac ( /mac fish ) and then when I am finished fishing I would end that macro and then start KA again. (crosses fingers)

Now the good part. From your explanation of Plugins I was able to make a hotkey that checks the status of my group. I goes like this:

Title: G Status
First line: -------------- /pause 50, /bcaa //plugin MQ2Status load
Second line: ---------- /pause 10, /bcaa //status merc
Third line: ------------- /pause 10, /bcaa //status xp
Fourth line: ----------- /pause 10, /bcaa //status
Last line: -------------- /bcaa //plugin MQ2Status unload

I know that there is probably an easier way to do this. I am still learning this stuff but when I hit the hotkey it worked. So again thank you for you explanation it help me figure this out...

Last edited:
Just some notes:
when you start a macro it ends the current used macro, so actually dont need to stop the macro before starting the new one
dont need to load and unload the mq2status plugin, just start it and let it be on forever, so skip the first line and the last line in your hotkey

Thanks Robban I will give it a try. I made a hotkey to make a group by inviting my guys. I then press the next hotkey to have the group target my Tank and run KA. Now do I need to make a hotkey that will load all the plugins that I want to use from the start or just make a hotkey for each plugin and and load it as needed?

Now something I started wondering about last night. In EQ you can memorize spell sets. Since I only have 8 spell gem slots to work with. Normally I would put all my spell say for buffing in those positions. Then save the setup and call it Buffs. Then unload the spells and add my damage spells and port spells and save that to Normal. So when I need to buff I just click the buffs and it loads all my buffs. So looking at my KissAssist_Mytoon.ini file I can only use the spells that I have entered in the ini file. My question is this can KA load different spell setups or am I just limited to the spell set I have entered in the Myspells area of the ini file? I was thinking about rolling up an enchanter and they have a lot of buffs to give when they grow up.

Also is there away on a caster to keep back some mana say enough for an evac spell? My little wizard likes to use up all his mana and if I need to evac he is all out. If the evac spell uses 150 mana to cast can I have my wizard stop casting and have that much mana saved to use. What happened was I was fighting skeletons and the group was doing great until I started getting adds. Before I knew it I had 8 skeletons and when I tried to have my wizard evac. OOOPPPPPSSSS he had no mana to cast the spell and I had to watch the group get used and abused. So could I set up say a condition for the wizard to only cast until he reaches xxx amount of mana?

Buffs - KA will only load one spell set, then use MiscGem to load Buffs or misc dps spells as needed. Ideally put any buffs you'll commonly need directly on your spellbar. Like my SK runs 3 buffs on his spellbar at all times, because they're short term (like 4 mins) or they take 40+ secs to refresh so reloading them all the time would cause big lag. You can look into adding a second slot for long refresh spells too if you run a lot, MiscGemLW long wait, but most people just run MiscGem. Note these are also being moved from [General] to [Spells].

There was some talk of adding a "rebuff all" type option where KA would load another set during the intial buff phase, but it wasn't high on the priority list.

Mana reserves - Hmmm, you could add MedCombat=1. That would make the wiz stop if he hit his mana percent (10 or whatever you set it to in ini) and just med until full.

A more complex way that wouldn't stop his DPS completely, would be to add conditions to all his DPS/Burn entries that checked if he was above (150 mana + mana cost of spell he wants to cast.) I'd probably just cap it by percent to be easy. Like 10% or such. Swing by the Discord server and somebody can help you write a condition to do these things.

Thanks Robban I will give it a try. I made a hotkey to make a group by inviting my guys. I then press the next hotkey to have the group target my Tank and run KA. Now do I need to make a hotkey that will load all the plugins that I want to use from the start or just make a hotkey for each plugin and and load it as needed?
Once you load a plugin it stores in your macroquest ini and is always on as default so no need to start them again.
You can check all of them with /plugin list

Thank you 74 and Robban!!! This gives me some things to think about and try out. I might have to make a newbie guide with all the stuff I have been taking notes on from all the different places and suggestions and put it all in one place. I have learned a lot (and still learning) and any tips or comments are greatly appreciated. Also I like the (look here idiot do it this way) comments because I probably am. Anyways thanks again...

Question - Few more newbie questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back