• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Farming TBL AA (1 Viewer)

Gringo3

RedCents
326¢
Hi community,

i got most of my toons to 110. All toons are currently all access, but most subs are going to expire in a few days.
Autogrant currently goes up to RoS (lvl 110), so the toons have all the RoS AA.

Are the TBL AA really worth farming?
I ask because autogrant should increase to granting TBL AA anytime during the next months. So i would prefer grinding levels instead of maxing the TBL AA, esp. when most of the subs run out within the next 7 days and i am currently at 50 AA/hour max.

I am planning to resub the toons for another month at 115 (and when TBL AA are autogranted).

Greetings,
Gringo3

Hi community,

i got most of my toons to 110. All toons are currently all access, but most subs are going to expire in a few days.

I ask because autogrant should increase to granting TBL AA anytime during the next months. So i would prefer grinding levels instead of maxing the TBL AA, esp. when most of the subs run out within the next 7 days and i am currently at 50 AA/hour max.

I am planning to resub the toons for another month at 115 (and when TBL AA are autogranted).

Greetings,
Gringo3
Yes, AA > Levels while you have an active sub and there are AA to be gained. Especially since you are not going to stay Gold until Autogrant is level 115, which could be several months away. F2P is now level 115 with ToV expansion and the jump in damage received is significant with named mobs. You would be hindering yourself to not maximize the AA while you have a chance, as levels are easy to come by in F2P. Have you looked at MQ2Grind? Worth the investment and you can drastically increase you AA exp rate.

Yes, AA > Levels while you have an active sub and there are AA to be gained. Especially since you are not going to stay Gold until Autogrant is level 115, which could be several months away. F2P is now level 115 with ToV expansion and the jump in damage received is significant with named mobs. You would be hindering yourself to not maximize the AA while you have a chance, as levels are easy to come by in F2P. Have you looked at MQ2Grind? Worth the investment and you can drastically increase you AA exp rate.
Thanks for your advice. I will try to grind out all the missing AA from TBL while the toons are still subbed.

I currently just use a few good camps i discovered and use rgmercs.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice. I will try to grind out all the missing AA from TBL while the toons are still subbed.

I currently just use a few good camps i Discovery and use rgmercs.
I know it may seem expensive, and I get it. Fully. But as I said above, this is 100% worth it! https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2grind.1967/

You will be amazed at how fast AA flies. I would do GMM and nothing else. How geared is your tank? Play it safe and do sword and board to start. Then as you go, maybe swap in a 2hander. As long as you have good CC, you should have zero issues and before you know it, you are maxed AA.

Hi community,

Greetings,
Gringo3
Yea...i'd say pause, level up to 115, then go aa's farming with sub...then unsub...just my two cents

Well, given that you will be losing all access in a week, the option will be taken away from you anyway.

You might as well grind AA for the next week. Then switch (no option) to levels to 115. This will be tough, as you will lose the benefit of focus AAs when you upgrade to ToV spells. But I wouldn't grind the levels in an HA, I would do ToV progression and save the grinding for the AAs the next time you sub.

Well, given that you will be losing all access in a week, the option will be taken away from you anyway.

You might as well grind AA for the next week. Then switch (no option) to levels to 115. This will be tough, as you will lose the benefit of focus AAs when you upgrade to ToV spells. But I wouldn't grind the levels in an HA, I would do ToV progression and save the grinding for the AAs the next time you sub.
After he grinds AA's at 110 while subbed and makes the switch to levels after they turn F2P, he can then continue to grind levels to 113.5, then do ToV progression and Ding 115 from the quests alone. Much more efficient to use the quest exp at the higher levels, than wasted at 110.

After he grinds AA's at 110 while subbed and makes the switch to levels after they turn F2P, he can then continue to grind levels to 113.5, then do ToV progression and Ding 115 from the quests alone. Much more efficient to use the quest exp at the higher levels, than wasted at 110.
True, but I wouldn't wait until 113.5. ToV progression with missions (TA if can't do with boxes) is at least 3 levels by my recollection.

True, but I wouldn't wait until 113.5. ToV progression with missions (TA if can't do with boxes) is at least 3 levels by my recollection.
I just did it with my group. I waited until 113.5 roughly and I was .5-.8% into 115 after the prog run. It might be 3 levels from 110-113, but the exp to level is a lot less.

Okay, thanks a lot.

Looks like i will bring the toons to 115 first and resub once TBL AA are autogranted.

My tank slightly outleved the group and is almost 119. He stays subbed ofcourse.

Last edited:
Question - Farming TBL AA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back