• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedGuides - Extremely confused about where to start (1 Viewer)

RedCents
670¢
I just subscribed to level 2 access today in hope of being able to download software so that it can be easier to play three accounts at the same time. However, I don't see any updated download sections as it all seems dated. I don't see a section that explains if I need just need very vanilla, or just kiss assist, or just MQ something. I don't see this downloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just subscribed to level 2 access today in hope of being able to download software so that it can be easier to play three accounts at the same time. However, I don't see any updated download sections as it all seems dated. I don't see a section that explains if I need just need very vanilla, or just kiss assist, or just MQ something. I don't see this downloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I downloaded it... while watching the video... and it said to click on the launch MQ button. I did, a black box came up saying waiting to connect to a port... The MQ icon does not show up.

I'm gonna tap out of doing this. How do I uninstall this?

Thank you

The black box is EQBCS (eq box chat server), a background thing your toons use to communicate to each other, so that you can broadcast commands to toons and such.
That window just stays open.. for some reason people think that box is supposed to progress and do something but its just meant to be left running, nothing wrong with it popping up and sticking around.
The MQ icon shows up in the bottom left corner of your screen on the taskbar down by the clock, internet etc.

Uninstalling would be like uninstalling any other software on windows, using add or remove programs.

There are no servers live where MQ is "OK".. it is cheating software. It comes with risks. That being said, there are servers where it won't function, which are servers using the truebox rules, like most TLPs.

If you are currently logged in to a character on EQ then you would see MQ things popping up in game, mainly the chat window where MQ output goes, and probably some other things like new buttons on your group window.
If you aren't currently logged in to EQ, not sure what you're looking for to expect to happen with MQ loaded.

If you're not on EQ already, one of the videos would cover how to setup autologin profiles so that you can use MQ to login your toons.

I followed all the directions. I see that. I click on it and nothing loads up. It only takes me to a webpage:

MacroQuest.org​

Welcome to the future home of the MacroQuest project. This site is under construction. In the mean time, you can visit the following resources:

Just seeing it means its running. Login as normal and you will see
1674333509057.png

In game (blotted out names). If you go through and watch vids, it will go over autologin and movements and stuff.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Thank you guys... The lightbulb is now above my head and it's flickering... phew... it seems amazing... Now I need to figure out some shaman hotkeys to play with my main... which is a monk.
You may want to check „Dannet“ which allows communication between chars in the background.
This would allow to create Hotbuttons on your monk to control your shaman without swapping accounts.
If you want your shaman to behave like a merc, there are different possibillities.
some of them are included in the subscription, like kissassist.
If you want to try kissassist, ontop of „kissassist.mac“ for every class you would need an „kissassist_charname.ini“.
For every class you can find predefined templates to start with in the kissassist-library.
Within this ini is all described, what the char will do under which circumstances.
You shall use one, which fits the level of your shaman, or you would need to adopt the spells used.

Some programmers here put huge efforts, to create plugins, which will do all automatic and come with an UI where you can adopt the behavior via parameters and checkboxes. Those require additional license-fees.
One of those are the CWTN-plugins, links to those yo can find in the post from @Sic.
I described herin just kissassist and the CWTN-plugins because those are the 2 automation-tools I use to control my chars. There are much more. Most of them you can even mix within the same team, if you like to control multiple chars and you may like for one class one type and for another dlass a different type of automation-tool.

Those with an ini usally require to get used to the syntax in order to be able to adopt them for your needs. On the other side, they allow you, to define very exactly, how younwould like the char to behave. Those which have a level of automation, that you adopt their behavior via parameter and checkboxes, may have a higher level of comfort, but you may not be able to get them behave exactly as you want, if your ideas do not match with the programmed behavior.

Generally: if you know the class very vell and like to see, if you can get your char do exactly what you want and when you want, a more generic toolset may be the right thing to start with. If you are more of the type that you want to get this running as fast as possible and focus on the things you want to do ingame, a toolset which allows to just download it and run out of the box may be the better choice.

Two more tools I use every day:
Buttonmaster: an Hotbutton-tool which has as much free definable hotbuttons as you like. Different to the ingame-hotbuttons, these hotbuttons are triggered even while a char is casting, somthey wor under all conditions.

Magellan: a tool wich allows you to travel to almost any Zone in Norrath by simply clicking the target zone.
you can watch your chars travveling i.e. From Guildlobby to your target zone complete without the need of interaction. For me that brought a nice level of comfort for all my travveling within the world of eq.

The amount of tools at hand is overwhelming at the start. You may start with just some of them and get in the swing. While getting used to them, you can add more, while you get used to the first set you choosed.

Have fun with the tools available. This community is very active. If you have questions and cannot find the answers here, just post your question. Often you will find replys in no time time.

Matternk

Did you quit yet? Hehe, if you haven't then welcome to the club, and I do hope you stick around. Listen, I will tell you from first hand experience that using this software can be very frustrating at first. I mean, I was literally screaming at my monitor several times. What's worse is I realized how childish I was acting. While that realization was humbling, it taught me to calm the hell down and put on my big boy pants and start really learning, because I wasn't going to let some program beat me. I know...sounds stupid doesn't it? Have you heard the old adage of what to do when speaking to a group of people? Just imagine them all sitting there naked. Well in this case, everyone here had to go through the same thing as your going through now. Makes this a little easier to think of it that way. I'll add one more thing to that thought, "if they can do it, then so can I". After a couple of weeks of really buckling down, I started to get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect they say. I really tried to concentrate on my patience level, and that helped a lot. When I ran into something I couldn't handle, I got on these forums and asked questions. I will tell you now, this is your best and most important resource. Just a ton of really nice people on here that are more than willing to help. Best advice I can give you is to take the time to read down through these forums, you will learn a lot in a very short time period. Oh and most important, book mark everything of interest, you will thank me later lol.

And if your not into learning something new then pony up and get your credit card out and buy CWTN's plugins for whatever classes of toons your playing and let the magic take you away lol. They really are that easy to use. Makes your life better. Most of all, have fun with it, and don't let it get you down.

Good luck on your journey and again WELCOME to multi boxing.

Vrak

RedGuides - Extremely confused about where to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back