• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Expansion needed for Lvl 110? (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I was confused about something.
Is the expansion required to get to lvl 110?

I thought that if you are a paid member, that you could level to 110?
I was planning on rotating my Krono around to get up to 110.

level is expansion dependent not membership dependent. i.e level 110 was introduced with Ring of Scale Expansion and you need that expansion to reach 110.
So even a F2P member can reach 110 as long as they have RoS expac.

Worth remembering that the next expansion is going to be another level increase. They also usually put the new expansion up for Pre-Order shortly after they offer the sale on the current expansion. So it may be worth holding off a few more weeks until they put the next expansion up for pre-order. Then you would be able to lvl to 110 while waiting for the expansion to come out in December without needing to buy TBL now and then the new one shortly after.

They are aiming to release the new expansion December 2019, looked up the preorder/announcement dates.

Pre-order Oct 25, 2017 was announcement
Ring of Scale is scheduled to launch on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Level increase 105 to 110

Pre-order Oct 30, 2018 was announcement
EverQuest gets its 25th expansion pack on December 11.
Level 110 , December 12, 2017.

GUESS (Oct 29 or 30, 2019 for the pre-order announcement)
Release December 10 / 11, 2019

There is 2 reasons to buy the xpac at sale price*
1. You do not do current content (am willing to play a year behind)
2. You are upgrading your account for the clicky items

Strapped for cash buy the 1/2 off and live a year with not being able to enter the new xpac else wait about 60 days.
Keep in mind if you buy the pre-order you get all the xpacs. Personally I would wait the clicky teleport you get is of no importance in TBL, the mount will be replaced.

If you buy the xpac now and during the next year you decide to upgrade, well :toot:. 1/2 price + full price makes no financial sense. Have some self control !*

*my opinion

They are aiming to release the new expansion December 2019, looked up the preorder/announcement dates.

Pre-order Oct 25, 2017 was announcement
Ring of Scale is scheduled to launch on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Level increase 105 to 110

Pre-order Oct 30, 2018 was announcement
EverQuest gets its 25th expansion pack on December 11.
Level 110 , December 12, 2017.

GUESS (Oct 29 or 30, 2019 for the pre-order announcement)
Release December 10 / 11, 2019

There is 2 reasons to buy the xpac at sale price*
1. You do not do current content (am willing to play a year behind)
2. You are upgrading your account for the clicky items

Strapped for cash buy the 1/2 off and live a year with not being able to enter the new xpac else wait about 60 days.
Keep in mind if you buy the pre-order you get all the xpacs. Personally I would wait the clicky teleport you get is of no importance in TBL, the mount will be replaced.

If you buy the xpac now and during the next year you decide to upgrade, well :toot:. 1/2 price + full price makes no financial sense. Have some self control !*

*my opinion

Only reason I'm semi-tempted to buy ONE copy of TBL is my rogue currently is maxed out at ROS... HOWEVER ... the collectibles in TBL are still selling like freaking hotcakes, especially the ones from the static Smoke zone. I would be tempted to get him the expansion and push him through the trials just so that he could run around and collect collectibles for my bazaar trader. Like a boss.

For alts the big question is whether F2P will be granted ROS in December/January.

It will be 2 expansions back so should be granted but with DBG you never know.

For a long while we had F2P 2 expansions back then stagnated to 3 expansions back and now currently F2P are 2 expansions back.

PS. This is different from auto-grant which is 4 expansions back.

Question - Expansion needed for Lvl 110?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back