• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Execute macro on other box? (1 Viewer)

BlackPlague

RedCents
60¢
Is there a way to execute a macro (by name maybe) on another box?

At the moment I'm executing commands with /bct charname //command, but I want to, for example /bct charname //runmacro macroname

yes you can write a command and send it via dannet by channel, class, or name, if you are on the same network (router) (not sub netted, or behind a vpn). You can with EBCSS, however, you have to set up your EQBCS client to talk to the other box (via IP).

I'm running all boxes on the same machine, so barring a simple command to another box to run an eq macro I assume I would need to create a .mac file which has the commands I want the target box to run and execute it from my main box with /bct charname //macro somemacroname

Edit: answering my own question, this worked perfectly and much better than a bunch of /bct and /pause commands in an eq macro from my main box to the target.

Last edited:
I'm running all boxes on the same machine, so barring a simple command to another box to run an eq macro I assume I would need to create a .mac file which has the commands I want the target box to run and execute it from my main box with /bct charname //macro somemacroname

Edit: answering my own question, this worked perfectly and much better than a bunch of /bct and /pause commands in an eq macro from my main box to the target.
when you said box, i thought you meant a physical device. another client is what you where asking =-)

Question - Execute macro on other box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back