• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The 6th Annual "EverQuest Software Awards" is here! Celebrate your favorite projects and win door prizes 🎁

Question - Execute macro on other box? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Is there a way to execute a macro (by name maybe) on another box?

At the moment I'm executing commands with /bct charname //command, but I want to, for example /bct charname //runmacro macroname

durango773

Taco Giver
Creator
RedCents
14,861¢
yes you can write a command and send it via dannet by channel, class, or name, if you are on the same network (router) (not sub netted, or behind a vpn). You can with EBCSS, however, you have to set up your EQBCS client to talk to the other box (via IP).

RedCents
60¢
I'm running all boxes on the same machine, so barring a simple command to another box to run an eq macro I assume I would need to create a .mac file which has the commands I want the target box to run and execute it from my main box with /bct charname //macro somemacroname

Edit: answering my own question, this worked perfectly and much better than a bunch of /bct and /pause commands in an eq macro from my main box to the target.

Last edited:

durango773

Taco Giver
Creator
RedCents
14,861¢
I'm running all boxes on the same machine, so barring a simple command to another box to run an eq macro I assume I would need to create a .mac file which has the commands I want the target box to run and execute it from my main box with /bct charname //macro somemacroname

Edit: answering my own question, this worked perfectly and much better than a bunch of /bct and /pause commands in an eq macro from my main box to the target.
when you said box, i thought you meant a physical device. another client is what you where asking =-)

Question - Execute macro on other box?

Users who are viewing this thread