• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EverQuest 2023 Roadmap (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,730¢
Pronouns
He/Him

Yup, the roadmap is back! Given all the positive reactions from the "experiment" we started last year we've decided to bring this back again for this year. Although before we dive into our plans for 2023, let's look at some of the things that we accomplished in 2022...

In 2022, we delivered on every point in the roadmap (eventually). Our extended family that is EverQuest got to see the Community Resource Council come to fruition, 64-bit upgrades to servers and clients, our 23rd Anniversary celebration, many updated holiday in-game events, new progression servers, new classic achievements, the much-anticipated Heroic Characters update, an unbelievable and very humbling Extra Life response, and last but certainly not the least the launch of Night of Shadows. We got a lot accomplished and now we're gearing up for another milestone-making year!

2022 Roadmap Update:

We're excited to share with you our 2023 plans. A reminder that these are high-level goals and target delivery dates and do not list everything we will be doing. We will continue working on other updates to the game, fixing issues, and making "quality of life" improvements (such as UI tweaks, etc.). Without further ado, here are our big plans for EverQuest 2023!

1673461298139.png

2023 Roadmap:

• January:
  • February:
    • New Content for Erollisi Day
    • Night of Shadows Tier 2 Raids Unlock
      • When One Door Closes
      • Myconid Mutany
      • Dance of the Demiurge
  • March:
    • Night of Shadows Tier 3 Raids Unlock
      • The Spirit Fades
      • The Shadows Move
      • Under Siege
    • New Content for Brew Day
    • EverQuest's 24th Anniversary Celebration - New quests and a mission.
  • April:
    • New UI Engine Initial Launch - Full engine launch with some of the windows ported to the new engine.
  • May:
    • New Content for Tempest Festival
    • New Progression Server (Ruleset "To Be Announced")
  • June:
    • New Pride Month Familiars
  • July:
    • Server Merge - Merging Coirnav to Vox.
  • August:
    • New Content for Stone Cold Summer
  • October:
    • 2023's Expansion Beta + Pre-order
    • DirectX 11 API port
  • November:
    • Extra Life Game Day - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.
    • New Content for Feast of Giving
  • December:
    • New Content for Frostfell
    • 2023's Expansion Launch - EverQuest's 30th Expansion!
  • Throughout the Year:
    • Porting More Windows to the New UI Engine
    • Zone Performance Improvements
  • Release Date TBD in 2023:
    • Guild Tradeskill Depot
And there you have it—a group shot of our high-level goals for this year; dates and events are subject to change. So, with loads to look forward to, let's gear up, mount up, and get ready!

May your anniversary grant you the best of rings,

Jenn Chan

Head of Studio

Not a word about cheating? 🤔
I think they got their message across and potentially saw the loss of revenue. (This is just me being hopeful lol)

2023 Roadmap:
  • October:
    • DirectX 11 API port
    • Guild Tradeskill Depot
I am interested to see what the API port does for graphics with an old engine.

Also the TS Guild stuff should be good! They however need to make two new guild items after this. 1 for a spell holder and 1 for Augs. Then should shouldnt need anything else. Any comment about collections, just use your housing hehe

Yup, the roadmap is back! Given all the positive reactions from the "experiment" we started last year we've decided to bring this back again for this year. Although before we dive into our plans for 2023, let's look at some of the things that we accomplished in 2022...

In 2022, we delivered on every point in the roadmap (eventually). Our extended family that is EverQuest got to see the Community Resource Council come to fruition, 64-bit upgrades to servers and clients, our 23rd Anniversary celebration, many updated holiday in-game events, new progression servers, new classic achievements, the much-anticipated Heroic Characters update, an unbelievable and very humbling Extra Life response, and last but certainly not the least the launch of Night of Shadows. We got a lot accomplished and now we're gearing up for another milestone-making year!

2022 Roadmap Update:

We're excited to share with you our 2023 plans. A reminder that these are high-level goals and target delivery dates and do not list everything we will be doing. We will continue working on other updates to the game, fixing issues, and making "quality of life" improvements (such as UI tweaks, etc.). Without further ado, here are our big plans for EverQuest 2023!

View attachment 45105

2023 Roadmap:

• January:
  • February:
    • New Content for Erollisi Day
    • Night of Shadows Tier 2 Raids Unlock
      • When One Door Closes
      • Myconid Mutany
      • Dance of the Demiurge
  • March:
    • Night of Shadows Tier 3 Raids Unlock
      • The Spirit Fades
      • The Shadows Move
      • Under Siege
    • New Content for Brew Day
    • EverQuest's 24th Anniversary Celebration - New quests and a mission.
  • April:
    • New UI Engine Initial Launch - Full engine launch with some of the windows ported to the new engine.
  • May:
    • New Content for Tempest Festival
    • New Progression Server (Ruleset "To Be Announced")
  • June:
    • New Pride Month Familiars
  • July:
    • Server Merge - Merging Coirnav to Vox.
  • August:
    • New Content for Stone Cold Summer
  • October:
    • DirectX 11 API port
  • November:
    • Extra Life Game Day - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.
    • New Content for Feast of Giving
  • December:
    • New Content for Frostfell
    • 2023's Expansion Launch - EverQuest's 30th Expansion!
  • Throughout the Year:
    • Porting More Windows to the New UI Engine
    • Zone Performance Improvements
    • Guild Tradeskill Depot
And there you have it—a group shot of our high-level goals for this year; dates and events are subject to change. So, with loads to look forward to, let's gear up, mount up, and get ready!

May your anniversary grant you the best of rings,

Jenn Chan

Head of Studio
Jenn Chan @ staff meeting...<raises her hands> I have a question. What about cheat ban/prevention?...

Head of studio response in a .GIF... What are you Jenn Chan?!

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

This should have happened with NoS
yeah, they had some issue/delay and didn't want to not release personal one first (and probably figured that they would have fewer personal sales if people were able to just get guild hall ones

Definitely glad they are supporting custom UI right off the bat and I'm really glad it's HTML 5 based (web developer...sue me).

I'm a little disappointed that it's not a full UI rework right away, but it looks like a good start. Color me impressed.

Well if it's HTML5 wonder if t will support animations and videos, I bet that is the part they cut out.
Create a UI and if people use it. It automatically pops up your twitch stream in-game in a box in the corner

Well if it's HTML5 wonder if t will support animations and videos, I bet that is the part they cut out.
Create a UI and if people use it. It automatically pops up your twitch stream in-game in a box in the corner
LOL yeah I'm sure they stripped all the media stuff, but it will be really interesting to see what all it supports.

Honestly, it would be kinda cool to have an in game video player though. I guess then I'd have EQ going, some YouTube tutorial running in-game (probably from Sic), and I could still second monitor Netflix!

yeah, they had some issue/delay and didn't want to not release personal one first (and probably figured that they would have fewer personal sales if people were able to just get guild hall ones
They couldn't delay personal as it was advertised as included in NoS

PS looking at that roadmap I have to ask myself WTF are they doing all year long.
First 3 months counting NoS as work ? ummm supposed to be done already.
Constantly hearing there is content designers and backend developers. Looking at that work I would be making some staff reductions.

Last edited:
DirectX 11, yum. (Might only be on the new expac's after DX11 launch?)

Maybe I'm blind, but when will the expansion CoV be open for FTP-users?

DirectX 11, yum. (Might only be on the new expac's after DX11 launch?)

Maybe I'm blind, but when will the expansion CoV be open for FTP-users?
Probably inn June or July. This has been the norm as years of late. If i am wrong please someone correct me as i cant remember sh*t at times lol

Probably inn June or July. This has been the norm as years of late. If i am wrong please someone correct me as i cant remember sh*t at times lol
should be around the time the TLP opens. That being said, last year wasnt on the roadmap, they just said the month before iirc? I also have CRS (cant remember shit).

They couldn't delay personal as it was advertised as included in NoS

PS looking at that roadmap I have to ask myself WTF are they doing all year long.
First 3 months counting NoS as work ? ummm supposed to be done already.
Constantly hearing there is content designers and backend developers. Looking at that work I would be making some staff reductions.
I expect possibly working on the next expansion due in december.

I expect possibly working on the next expansion due in december.
Not the spells/aa that gets decided about 2 weeks before beta opens, actual implementation of it 1 week after beta opens
raids/missions gets half-assed worked on about 1 month before beta, rounded off during beta

graphics for it, sure that could take a while but then that is the graphics team

I would love to see all their timesheets. Suspecting there is a lot of moaning over nothing.

Just for the sake of talking about stuff, DX11 is for newer graphics/use of newer graphic cards (correct me as needed), so it would have noting to do with the new UI code right? It may be a furthering of a 'larger upgrading plan' that goes with the 64 bit update to keep EQ's ancient code. Just to keep EQ going and 'pretty' it up with new things like the icy and lava code they touted an expansion or two ago (was it ToV?) What else can DX11 do?

Just for the sake of talking about stuff, DX11 is for newer graphics/use of newer graphic cards (correct me as needed), so it would have noting to do with the new UI code right? It may be a furthering of a 'larger upgrading plan' that goes with the 64 bit update to keep EQ's ancient code. Just to keep EQ going and 'pretty' it up with new things like the icy and lava code they touted an expansion or two ago (was it ToV?) What else can DX11 do?
DX is basically a bridge for the game to work with your video and kinda the audio hardware. Which is why you get a black screen when DX9C is missing.

It would affect the UI only insomuch as how it makes it appear, sorta

ok, so, would seem for more pretty things.. nicer water, grass, particles for smoke and such, maybe light at some point, nicer heros forge armor with particles at I bet. My main thought is a bit of a pretty front, but no work for underlying code to remove some of the old 'spaghetti code' (I know it would likely be near impossible for some stuff). Some code could be done though.

News - EverQuest 2023 Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back