• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Events and Plugins (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,101¢
I was looking but didnt see a specific thread topic on this front so please feel free to point me in another direction if needed. How do the char plugins (CLR SHM etc) work with Events/Lua? I was attempting to do something fairly simple but never could get events to load for a char with a plugin and as such did the event an alternative way. Are some number of events included with the plugin and they are just transparent?

Solution
If you mean the cwtn plugins they don't have anything prohibiting or preventing anything for events, I have several videos and guides where I use and explain mq2events for them.

You will either want to get mq2events working or the LEM Lua event manager working.

There are instructions and examples in both resources and discussion threads for each.

I'd suggest going the LEM route for ease of use. Go to the overview page, watch the resource, let your RG launcher download/install it. Then follow the instructions, there are several shared events and examples. @aquietone has done an incredible job with it. It even allows you to quickly share/import events with others
If you mean the cwtn plugins they don't have anything prohibiting or preventing anything for events, I have several videos and guides where I use and explain mq2events for them.

You will either want to get mq2events working or the LEM Lua event manager working.

There are instructions and examples in both resources and discussion threads for each.

I'd suggest going the LEM route for ease of use. Go to the overview page, watch the resource, let your RG launcher download/install it. Then follow the instructions, there are several shared events and examples. @aquietone has done an incredible job with it. It even allows you to quickly share/import events with others

Solution
Question - Events and Plugins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back