• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - EQMAC Shutting Down - What to Play Now?? (1 Viewer)

EQwerty

RedCents
43¢
Looking for suggestions on what to play now, with EQMac shutting down. It was an enjoyable experience while it lasted!

Is there any particular emulator that is more fun than others? Or other MMO's in general that is worth trying? (Please don't say WoW) :P

I think we will see a emu of al'kabor, i have plans for letting people save their characters and items before the shutdown, i just need to investigate if there is any interest in doin so, im not saying ill be the one that will run the emu, but i do have the code for it, am in pok on it atm... but im considering it and the least I can do for the community is save your characters so when the day comes that the emu is up and running yiu can login with your account and go on playing in an environment yiu are used to, preserving all your stuff and flags.

I think we will see a emu of al'kabor, i have plans for letting people save their characters and items before the shutdown, i just need to investigate if there is any interest in doin so, im not saying ill be the one that will run the emu, but i do have the code for it, am in pok on it atm... but im considering it and the least I can do for the community is save your characters so when the day comes that the emu is up and running yiu can login with your account and go on playing in an environment yiu are used to, preserving all your stuff and flags.

I'd be very interested in this. Keep us posted if anything comes of it.

Furthermore, most newer macs can dual boot Windows, can't they?

I really enjoy modern EQ. The combat system is unique among MMO's in that it's slower paced, there's not a lot of button mashing like WoW.

Actually, FFXIV has a similar slow combat system, and some REALLY difficult mechanics on certain bosses (which makes it very fun for me). The only thing is, they are very much ban-happy, and have already gone through a giant wave of bans due to RMT since the 2.0 release. I just wish there was more variety in play like EQMac has, right now it's locked in holy trinity roles without any kind of need for support classes.

Alright going to go back to EQPC and give it a try. Going to start 3 toons and get mercs obviously. Any suggestions on what 3 to go with? Not used to the dynamic of having a merc, so not sure if they are sufficient to completely cover the healer/tank role or not. Not many classes I haven't played before, so pretty much will to give any of them a try, but would like to have the best "solo" box group possible. Thanks.

Also, I've read through the "recruit a friend" for EQPC, but I don't really see any benefits for the recruited player. Are there any I'm missing?

^^ definitely agree with Maskoi that a "porter" is a must-have these days, since we no longer have /zone or /warp.

My recommendation for boxing a group of 3, based on Maskoi's guides above:

Tank - Warrior, Shadow knight, Paladin
Healer - Druid
Mezzer - Enchanter, Bard

That said, I'm enjoying my Rogue/Druid/Bard 3 box team. KISS is very flexible.

Also, if you miss the FREE part of EQMac, then use the test server. You get all the expansions + gold membership for all of your characters.

I would go with a bst and bard with the druid myself. Beasts are extremely useful. Great dps, slows, buffs, pets can tank any namer in game and can always use a tank merc if needed. Far as dps you will be hard pressed to out parse a bst in overall sustained damage.

I would go with a bst and bard with the druid myself. Beasts are extremely useful. Great dps, slows, buffs, pets can tank any namer in game and can always use a tank merc if needed. Far as dps you will be hard pressed to out parse a bst in overall sustained damage.

My only worry would be the current mq2melee issues with beastlords, otherwise good choice. You get the best of a Shaman plus a tank.

^^ definitely agree with Maskoi that a "porter" is a must-have these days, since we no longer have /zone or /warp.

My recommendation for boxing a group of 3, based on Maskoi's guides above:

Tank - Warrior, Shadow knight, Paladin
Healer - Druid
Mezzer - Enchanter, Bard

That said, I'm enjoying my Rogue/Druid/Bard 3 box team. KISS is very flexible.

Also, if you miss the FREE part of EQMac, then use the test server. You get all the expansions + gold membership for all of your characters.

DRUID!!?!?!! Really? They are possible the worst class in the game imo. There DPS is meh, there healing is even worse than there dps, and have horrible mana recovery options.

Go Cleric or Shaman.

I have no issues with bst and melee minus one thing could you code in the new clamor of claws that was released in CoTF it is the same ability but focus the attacks on one mob vrs the cone attack. Biggest thing with a Beast is setting up spells ect. You get a tank, both yourself and pet, you get slows, mana recovery options, huge sustained dps, with a bard in group they are hard to outparse in group game.

Every group needs a druid or wizard...

I'm pretty much set after experimenting with 2 groups that every group needs this:
Cleric
Enchanter
Wizard
<Insert 2 Random DPS>
SK or Warrior

If you 3 box... War/Enc/Wiz (ports / afk evacs)

Sorry but healer mercs can suck it. For most named content in new zones a cleric merc/shammy/druid won't cut it. I always see folks using 2 cleric mercs and just shake my head.

3 Box,
Cleric, Shammy, SK

Porter is optional, since GL and gate potions get you everywhere pretty darn fast anyways. But if I have a 4 box running it would be a wizard.

Sorry but healer mercs can suck it. For most named content in new zones a cleric merc/shammy/druid won't cut it. I always see folks using 2 cleric mercs and just shake my head.

3 Box,
Cleric, Shammy, SK

Porter is optional, since GL and gate potions get you everywhere pretty darn fast anyways. But if I have a 4 box running it would be a wizard.

I have to agree with Noob on this one, Cleric and Shaman in group is key! Take your pick on tank, SK is great and so is War. Run 3 more mercs for dps and you are fine.

On the other hand, run a Bard and use a merc tank, that way you have CC and insane utility and run speed...

Bans - EQMAC Shutting Down - What to Play Now??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back