• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Software EQBC Interface (1 Viewer)

Yes. I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be running MQ2EQBC though, so check your plugins first.

- - - Updated - - -

It works with the 2017-01-07 release. I'll have to update and check...

It worked until I run the update last night. It still connects and and I can issue commands. I just don't get any updates as far as XP, health and other awesome info you have displayed. I see all the chat like normal and can issue commands like normal.

Awesome work btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just updated, and it appears it is broken. I'll look into it. It's most likely a change in the plugin.

- - - Updated - - -

I might go with Tone's suggestion, and have the app request information from each client, and report back in JSON format or similar. :)

Not getting any traction on the other post. I'd be glad to donate for your time on working this out. I didn't see a donate option. If I over looked it please let me know.

Also anyone working on an IOS app I would very interested.

I made this version in IOS, but it's not ideal. It did work on the emulator. I'll work around the other issues in a bit. Maybe I'll get an update out in the next day or 2.

Jimbob, this last MQ update appears to have fixed what ever was wrong as now I'm getting the stats again. I can see health / xp and all that jazz again. Just wanted to let you know.

That's great. Are you also able to see the extended information I added to the main plugin on the MQ2 site?

That's great. Are you also able to see the extended information I added to the main plugin on the MQ2 site?

Care to elaborate? It shows their health/mana/xp% and most other things. What I can't see is the group leader, if their grouped, and one other thing but I forget at the moment as I stepped away.

Group leader I think reports none, and grouped says no. Not sure if you could add in current zone in that same area? Would be a good indication at a quick glance if they died or had to leave because afk tools triggered.

Here is a screen shot of what it shows. The zone does show but it's a number instead of a name. Anyway to make it show a name? I removed anything that could quickly identify my character.

3f62044e8688fd8b73f099d00d21a156.png

Last edited:
Are you getting all the extended data now?

Care to elaborate? It shows their health/mana/xp% and most other things. What I can't see is the group leader, if their grouped, and one other thing but I forget at the moment as I stepped away.

Group leader I think reports none, and grouped says no. Not sure if you could add in current zone in that same area? Would be a good indication at a quick glance if they died or had to leave because afk tools triggered.

Here is a screen shot of what it shows. The zone does show but it's a number instead of a name. Anyway to make it show a name? I removed anything that could quickly identify my character.

3f62044e8688fd8b73f099d00d21a156.png

Yes sir! Thank you!

Next step is to get it on my iPhone as my wife is driving me down the interstate. [emoji1]

Well, I can compile this version for iPhone, but it might not be ideal...

There is currently not a version publicly or privately that I have found so something is better than nothing. [emoji1]

I believe EQMule was wanting some code to work with as he had an apple developer account already. Might drop him a message and see if he's still interested.

Just trying this from an external PC today. Getting a socket error, though the IP address is resolved. Any thoughts?

You verify the port was correct and everything? Can you ping the EQBCS? If you can ping it, try to telnet to the server on that port.

Checked firewall, added eqbc to allowed programs on private/public networks.

Message error tells me connection was refused by peer. Any thoughts?

PS: Turning firewall on and off did nothing for me. I suspect I need to set up some form of port forwarding on my router but that's a bit beyond me :(

I'll be glad to assist tonight if you need. Post your router model and I bet we can find screen shots with instructions. Port forwarding is fairly easy for the most part.

jimbob Is this faster than our current EQBCS? Can it process multiple commands at once?

My app is a UI for EQBCS and MQ2EQBC. It can send multiple commands with the hotkeys. It is open source and cross platform compatible. I wrote it in C++ using QT.

You're welcome to throw it in the compile if you like...

hah, ok. I thought it was a standalone server. Trying it now, it's great, I think we should include it!

hah, ok. I thought it was a standalone server. Trying it now, it's great, I think we should include it!

Well, I have considered rewriting the server to add TLS support, and make it use asynchronous IO (if it doesn't already). I wrote another network client/server application with SSL/TLS support before, and already have wrapper libraries...

Well, I have considered rewriting the server to add TLS support, and make it use asynchronous IO (if it doesn't already). I wrote another network client/server application with SSL/TLS support before, and already have wrapper libraries...

Umm yes, please. I checked in the most current eqbcs.cpp to our source

It's not. I couldn't get it on the app store... It runs okay in the iphone emulators, but in order to get it on the app store, you have to make a video of the product on each platform you support. It's kinda silly. Not to mention, it cost me $100 just to get that far. In order to renew my apple developer subscription? I'd have to pay again.

quick question for those of you using EQBCS.EXE as a service:

Do new updates (running update.exe) unregister the .exe as a service? If so I can fix it.

quick question for those of you using EQBCS.EXE as a service:

Do new updates (running update.exe) unregister the .exe as a service? If so I can fix it.

Nope, I have been ok just running MQ, not reloading the EQBCS.exe after a patch..

New eqbcs.exe from Jimbob! Please test, I just gave it a go in standalone mode on multiple PCs and I'm having no issues.

If it's all good, we'll push to the next VV release.

Attachments

• EQBCS.exe
    306.7 KB · Views: 5
hi jimbob, i have been testing the attached file from redbot, and its not perfoming as expected.

i have restarted everything, tested in all modes, and get the same results, different for whomever gets logged in first etc. but overall the same behaviour.

what happens is one of them seems to beomce a . (a dot!) an then it just gets wonky

Attachments

• 1Capture.PNG
    1Capture.PNG
    56.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 52
Looks like only the first person to connect is sharing their name with the server and everyone else is blank, which is what is causing it to say that the user is already on.

hi jimbob, i have been testing the attached file from redbot, and its not perfoming as expected.

i have restarted everything, tested in all modes, and get the same results, different for whomever gets logged in first etc. but overall the same behaviour.

what happens is one of them seems to beomce a . (a dot!) an then it just gets wonky

Thanks for the testing. I will see if I can figure out what is causing the issues. I should have some time tonight. I may just have to change how it processes received data.

Can you send me a Wireshark capture of tcp port 2112 (or the port you changed it to) during testing? I want to see what's making it through on each tcp packet...

Software EQBC Interface

Users who are viewing this thread

Back