• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQ Window text and Options disappear when Map window open!? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
357¢
I'm getting an odd problem and just been trying to work out what's going on!

When my Map window is open I lose text in the bottom half of text windows like General and the MQ2 window and I can't see any dropdown window options!

As soon as I close the Map window they all reappear.

Any thoughts/observations based on your experience?

RedCents
2,509¢
EQ can display only a certain amount of text. So when map is open with all the mobs you reach the max amount of text you can display, and EQ hide some, like in your chat windows.

Sic

hi
RedCents
24,573¢
I'm getting an odd problem and just been trying to work out what's going on!

When my Map window is open I lose text in the bottom half of text windows like General and the MQ2 window and I can't see any dropdown window options!

As soon as I close the Map window they all reappear.

Any thoughts/observations based on your experience?
mr.p is exactly correct

you can click off "Labels" on your map and that can help lower the amount of "stuff" that eq is displaying so things don't disappear, but there is a limit that eq can draw, if you go over that stuff starts disappearing

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
4,081¢
Can't you also limit what shows up on your map to filter it down some as well?
Can type /mapfilter to get a list of options for built in filters. You can also /mapfilter custom <spawnsearch> where <spawnsearch> is some spawnsearch data. Like /mapfilter custom npc radius 150 zradius 20 as an example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)