• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - EQ Hacking in the Public Eye? (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Hey all,

Interesting article over at Massively today that touches on a 3-part series over at Ten Ton Hammer. It seems that people are being so stupid with their use of MQ2 in public that it has caught a massive amount of attention again. Looks like we're in for another huge nerf soon.

You can read the article here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/06/fighting-the-everquest-hacking-wildfire/

Seriously people, but smart with your hacks or you ruin it for everyone. /rant off

interesting... may want a new injector and rename the mq2main.dll to a .dll file that eq already uses?
Beyond the whole just blocking the packet :)

I'm sure they would check the weight of the file. If there were duplicate file names. But I doubt its going to go that far. If they are going to crack down on hackers its gonna be on TLP servers anyway.

I am leaning more towards the thinking that if you arent reported, they arent going to come looking for you since they dont want to lose subscriptions. I should have been banned along time ago if they were searching for hackers.

I also agree that they already have had enough bad publicity in the last year.

I agree, they will be going after the active hackers and afk macroers. I've only been banned 3 times in a 7 year hacking span. All of them were by far my fault. Every time I was in both those camps. First Time I was afk macroing in Plane of Justice Cells (warping in killing, warping out), Second Time I was afk macroing in Plane of Nightmare (Warping around hedge maze killing), and haven't been banned since 2008 or so. These days I don't incorporate active hacks in my macros, and have strict player proximity checks. So if a player needs something I'm farming, i'll just do nothing until he gets what he needs and leaves.

I seriously doubt they will ever put in any checks for macroquest and the hacking will continue on until EQs death.

I am just waiting for them to sell MQ type services in Marketplace. Want your spells to mem faster want your skills to automatically fire when you want themtoo? Great the try our Lagacy Helper pack for an additional 9.99 a month get all this and much more......

I am just waiting for them to sell MQ type services in Marketplace. Want your spells to mem faster want your skills to automatically fire when you want themtoo? Great the try our Lagacy Helper pack for an additional 9.99 a month get all this and much more......

That's fucking awesome. Redcented.

Discussion - EQ Hacking in the Public Eye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back