• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - EQ craches every time i try going in with MQ2 (1 Viewer)

Sugeren

RedCents
Hi all,

Very new to this actually just d/l MQ2 so wanted to try it out but it keeps crashing and creating a crash file.

I tried attaching the file but wont let me for some reason - its a DMP file

I am running MQ2 as Admin so cant be that and the gave works fine when I launch without MQ2

Not sure how I can show the DMP file when it wont allow me to upload it here??

Sincerely

Sugeren

I followed the guide saying to close down MQ2 and then launch EQ.

Once your at the Char selection screen then load MQ2 and that works fine.

Then it crashes when I press enter world

I am playing on the progression servers - don't know if that matters?

The server does not matter as we all run the same files. I crash every night when I run the bazaar.mac file, so I have given up using it. Many times after several hours of boxing 2 accounts (using maps, running KA, or other simple things) the game will crash on me when I zone or camp (essentially zoning to char select) and I know it's because of MQ2. If I do an /unload often I will crash, so it forces me to start fresh. This happened when I was on Win 8/8.1 and continues to do 10.

Have you done a fresh install lately of your op or maybe a system restore ?? If so make sure all updates are done . Mainly speaking of browser .

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm correct it's happening to all zip files you try to download

- - - Updated - - -

Windows keeps a list of all the small memory dump files in the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

Hi,

1) Yes I am running MQ2 as Admin - I just went in and set it to always run as admin
2) Yes I am running IsBoxer but it wasent active when I wanted to test MQ2 - I just launched normal EQ those times
3) Nope I don't see any configs directory inside my release directory

How do I check if my MQ2 compile is the newest - d/l from this site a couple of days ago.

Any way I can send the DMP file if that would help?

Sug

This one?

All I have in my ini folder

Ini.PNG

[MacroQuest]
MacroPath=.\Macros
LogPath=.\Logs
DebugSpewToFile=0
FilterSkills=0
FilterTarget=0
FilterMoney=0
FilterFood=0
FilterMacro=0
FilterEncumber=0
FilterDebug=0
FilterMQ=0
KeepKeys=1
LaxColor=0
AllErrorsDumpStack=1
AllErrorsFatal=0
HUDMode=UnderUI
MQ2LoadingMsg=0
ExactSearchCleanNames=0

[Aliases]
/a=/anonymous
/b=/bazaar
/ba=/bazaar
/c=/consider
/cha=/channel
/d=/duel
/exp=/echo ${Me.PctExp}% experience...
/f=/feedback
/fa=/fastdrop
/g=/gsay
/gmlist=/who all gm
/gu=/guildsay
/hp=/echo Current Health: ${Me.CurrentHPs} -- Max Health: ${Me.MaxHPs}
/key=/keys
/load=/loadspells
/m=/msg
/mana=/echo Current Mana: ${Me.CurrentMana} -- Max Mana: ${Me.MaxMana}
/npc=/who npc
/slotid=/echo ${SelectedItem.InvSlot}
/t=/tell
/ta=/tap
/w=/who

[Substitutions]
omg=Oh My God

[Plugins]
mq2bagwindow=mq2bagwindow
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix

[Key Binds]
RANGED_Nrm=clear
RANGED_Alt=clear
MQ2CHAT_Nrm=.
MQ2CSCHAT_Nrm=/
EQBC_Nrm=clear
MELEE_Nrm=Z
RANGE_Nrm=X

[SWho Filter]
Holding=1

[Captions]
MQCaptions=1
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Suffix},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

[Caption Colors]
PC=OFF
PC-Color=ff00ff
PCCon=OFF
PCPVPTeam=OFF
PCRaid=OFF
PCRaid-Color=ff7f
PCClass=OFF
PCGroup=OFF
PCGroup-Color=ffff00
PCTrader=ON
PCTrader-Color=ff7f00
NPC=OFF
NPC-Color=ff0000
NPCCon=ON
NPCClass=OFF
NPCMerchant=ON
NPCMerchant-Color=ff7f00
NPCBanker=ON
NPCBanker-Color=c800ff
NPCAssist=ON
NPCAssist-Color=ffff00
NPCMark=ON
NPCMark-Color=ffff00
PetNPC=OFF
PetNPC-Color=ff0000
PetPC=OFF
PetPC-Color=ffff00
PetClass=OFF
PetClass-Color=ff0000
Corpse=OFF
Corpse-Color=ff0000
CorpseClass=OFF
CorpseClass-Color=ff0000

Do you have any antivirus software running (if so, what type), or any other programs?

Also, are you trying to play on live, test, an emulator? What type of server?

Hi

Yes I have McAfee running as antivirus software but no other programs which are out of the normal.

The only server I tried logging into has been Ragefire (one of the new progression servers) - have not tried Live or any EMU

Sug

This happens to me all the time. Sugeren - do you have any macros running? I get this probably 50% of the time when I /q out once loading back in. I see a bunch of macros pop up in the MQ2 window before it gives me that error message you screenshotted above. Once I load that character slot again in ISBoxer it doesn't crash the 2nd time. This almost never happens upon initial load (probably because no macros are running yet, just MQ2) but when I load back in after a /q it happens a lot more often. Hope that helps troubleshoot.

are you using an nvidia video card?
I get this a lot and as far as i can tell its caused by the video card, something to do with vertical resync signal not being received by windows and video card not responding in expected time frame.

so far havent found a work around and i just have to restart game when it happens.

Look at your inifile, it has mq2bagwindow=mq2bagwindow
That tells me you are using a really old version.
In the new versions it should say mq2bagwindow=1
If anything...

Also if mq2bagwindow is actually being loaded, then that's what's crashing you, we haven't updated that plugin for years...

Also, loading MQ2 with Isboxer should have no issues, just like loading with the official client. I haven't even used the eqgame.exe patchme thingy in a long time. I always use Isboxer. Hell, I even load Isboxer groups with both EQ2 and EQ1 at the same time, with Mq2 and isxeq2, etc etc. Just to further prove how little running Isboxer has to do with mq2 injection.

Save your macros folder if you have anything of importance there, then delete everything else and grab a fresh vanilla compile. You should be fine after that. Just like my computer, when it's having issues, I just reformat the bitch. That shows it whose boss. Fk troubleshooting. :o

Also, Redbot, we need more/better emoticons. I can't express myself adequately without a wide variety.

I haven't gotten around to using mq2bot, so I couldn't help you. I do know some spells cause it to crash, from my buddy that uses it. Try unloading all unnecessary plugins and see if MQ2 bot works. Could be like Pete said on the other thread, it might just not work atm with our compile. I think this is a different issue though, than what Sugeren is having.

Problem - EQ craches every time i try going in with MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back