• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Enjoying RedGuides I want to share my experience (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,458¢
Hello everyone, Just want to say I am having a great time since I joined RedGuides community. The first few days I would say it took a minute getting started. I had to learn the in an outs of what do do to make my experience a better one. You all know what I mean, moving toons learning commands and hot keys. I know there is allot more than that but that got me started. I remember I think it was the about week after getting into boxing I sent Sic a message and said you know I am having a problem. Alias INI file, Where do I find it and what do I do with that information. Granted I had his sic hotkeys page up looking at it. Me trying to find the right INI file to edit was the problem. After his help I was off and running. Big thanks to him getting me on the right foot.

After that I started searching the forums for info, reading and watching what others post thinking it might be similar to what issue I am having. Sure enough most issues can be solved my reading. Anyway after I was all set up I am having a blast and all is good. My buddy plays also and he was telling me holy - - - - how did I pass him up already. I did take a long break and was logging in toons that was lvl 70 and he was 112 to 115. I said man let me tell you what I have been doing. Needless to say he is a RG user now thanks to me for introducing him to how to not LFG and wait and just do it your self. I think I joined RG the beginning of August or around there. I got my entire group to 120. Still learning how to play each class more and more.

To make my post shorter, my buddy was starting up and having issues and control problems and like me this is the first forum I have ever belonged to. Meaning un aware of how much help was really out there if you did ask a question and how long it would take to get an answer. You all are the best, most of the time answer with in minutes. I made him a spreadsheet from what I learned on the forums here and put information all in one place so he could reference it with some examples of a few hot keys. I explained how I did it. He told me it made it easier for him. We both bring a few toons each and RG together now. We also take turns doing missions in COV and invite each others alts to get exp and gear up.

Instead of my buddy and I using discord and me saying type this command and hope there was no spelling errors I made my little reference sheet for easy commands to remember when setting up a new toon or group.

Let me know what you think. I am open for suggestions and improvements my self. Just to add this community is awesome. I really like the way everyone helps each other on here. I originally made an excel spreadsheet but converted it to a pdf to share with everyone. So much to learn, I am always learning new things on the forums.

For me learning commands and how to tell your toons the commands was a task I had to learn. I do not think I went into depth as much as Sic does. I do thank him for putting me on the right path.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I would hate to get the 1 point warning for not posting in the right place.

Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• simple moving and hot keys for the boxer in us all.pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 12
Hello everyone, Just want to say I am having a great time since I joined RedGuides community. The first few days I would say it took a minute getting started. I had to learn the in an outs of what do do to make my experience a better one. You all know what I mean, moving toons learning commands and hot keys. I know there is allot more than that but that got me started. I remember I think it was the about week after getting into boxing I sent Sic a message and said you know I am having a problem. Alias INI file, Where do I find it and what do I do with that information. Granted I had his sic hotkeys page up looking at it. Me trying to find the right INI file to edit was the problem. After his help I was off and running. Big thanks to him getting me on the right foot.

After that I started searching the forums for info, reading and watching what others post thinking it might be similar to what issue I am having. Sure enough most issues can be solved my reading. Anyway after I was all set up I am having a blast and all is good. My buddy plays also and he was telling me holy - - - - how did I pass him up already. I did take a long break and was logging in toons that was lvl 70 and he was 112 to 115. I said man let me tell you what I have been doing. Needless to say he is a RG user now thanks to me for introducing him to how to not LFG and wait and just do it your self. I think I joined RG the beginning of August or around there. I got my entire group to 120. Still learning how to play each class more and more.

To make my post shorter, my buddy was starting up and having issues and control problems and like me this is the first forum I have ever belonged to. Meaning un aware of how much help was really out there if you did ask a question and how long it would take to get an answer. You all are the best, most of the time answer with in minutes. I made him a spreadsheet from what I learned on the forums here and put information all in one place so he could reference it with some examples of a few hot keys. I explained how I did it. He told me it made it easier for him. We both bring a few toons each and RG together now. We also take turns doing missions in COV and invite each others alts to get exp and gear up.

Instead of my buddy and I using discord and me saying type this command and hope there was no spelling errors I made my little reference sheet for easy commands to remember when setting up a new toon or group.

Let me know what you think. I am open for suggestions and improvements my self. Just to add this community is awesome. I really like the way everyone helps each other on here. I originally made an excel spreadsheet but converted it to a pdf to share with everyone. So much to learn, I am always learning new things on the forums.

For me learning commands and how to tell your toons the commands was a task I had to learn. I do not think I went into depth as much as Sic does. I do thank him for putting me on the right path.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I would hate to get the 1 point warning for not posting in the right place.

It doesn't sound like you need suggestions my friend. It sounds like you're coming to it all organically. Pretty soon you'll be ditching those InI files for CTWN Plugins then you'll be moving to Firiona Vie. Then you'll slowly start adding toons because 6 is just too few.

Hello guys
I'm glad to hear you're having fun with RedGuides! By letting others know about your satisfying experience, you might encourage them to find and use this resource as well. Happy directing!freefire name

Thank you I'm going to share the PDF with my buddy who has used RGs but always seems to have issues and gets frustrated then gives up. This is most helpful!

Thank you for the reference sheet very nice and helpful and very well laid out and easy to read and understand .. threw ya a rc for your time and effort appreciate it emmensly ..

Discussion - Enjoying RedGuides I want to share my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back