• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Emergency Server Downtime: Wendesday November 22, 2023 @10:30 AM (1 Viewer)

Had a bunch of friends who didn't play EQ in forever decide to play TLP recently so I joined them, now they've all quit over the dupe fiasco. Rather pissed at DPG's non-response over this because we were having a lot of fun.
Even posted in one of the various threads on the official forums, but it has been in mod-approval(nothing offensive was in it; just expressing my displeasure at the lack of customer interaction) for nearly a day so I guess they aren't even approving posts anymore.

I had the impression they were scrubbing their forums in light of recent events. They seem to think that if no one talks about the emperor having no clothes that fewer people will notice.

Had a bunch of friends who didn't play EQ in forever decide to play TLP recently so I joined them, now they've all quit over the dupe fiasco. Rather pissed at DPG's non-response over this because we were having a lot of fun.
Even posted in one of the various threads on the official forums, but it has been in mod-approval(nothing offensive was in it; just expressing my displeasure at the lack of customer interaction) for nearly a day so I guess they aren't even approving posts anymore.
@AttonRand … standard DBG protocol…

No Idea Reaction GIF by Bounce

When it gets bad enough…
episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

They are less than a month from close of quarter and yearly bonuses…they aren’t going to fuck it up for themselves…remember orepalooza on cov rollout? Lol…ohhh a bug that magically increased subs and expansion buys at year end on a rollout…meh lets give it a month and then adjust it..,

Justv received and email this morning with this:

Which is shit, because, I was not even aware of the exploit currently happening until I saw it on this forum.
And all my chars are on a normal server.
Bugger!
Day after this, I received the following:
  • Please note that this is not notification of a warning, but rather notification that our investigation has concluded and the suspension on your account has been lifted.
  • Thank you for your patience. You should be able to log in and play again now with no issues.
Both emails were wrapped in the exact same form letter which starts with this is a warning, you have committed a violation, and ends with this is very serious and future incidences may result in a permanent account ban.

This is the most aggressive, tone deaf, "we're investigating an issue", "actually you're good, sorry for the bother" form letters I've ever received as a customer anywhere.

They must be so understaffed they've not even looked at their automated correspondence to customers to ensure they're fit for purpose. What a shit company to work for.

Good news the account is good to go. But a warning that I might bet banned if I don't do anything wrong and they make a mistake was a bit of a trip.

Day after this, I received the following:

Both emails were wrapped in the exact same form letter which starts with this is a warning, you have committed a violation, and ends with this is very serious and future incidences may result in a permanent account ban.

This is the most aggressive, tone deaf, "we're investigating an issue", "actually you're good, sorry for the bother" form letters I've ever received as a customer anywhere.

They must be so understaffed they've not even looked at their automated correspondence to customers to ensure they're fit for purpose. What a shit company to work for.

Good news the account is good to go. But a warning that I might bet banned if I don't do anything wrong and they make a mistake was a bit of a trip.
That's the same email/response they used with the Loyalty Vendor dub item "oops" a while back. I doubt they can personally respond to the thousands of players who got mixed up in it and the other thousands who didn't but are pestering them to find out if their accounts are in jeopardy so it makes sense it would be auto generated.

You should see the ones I am going thru with my national insurance company right now. Not only is it auto generated but no one knows what the last step was or how to fix it and the names to respond to are all generic emails that I am sure some call center/email center is answering.

Probably too late now for a rollback - I can understand your friend's reaction though - I'm willing to take advantage of bugs here and there like 'oh look the pathing is wonky here and it helps me survive a mob breaking root' but dupes are just destabilizing to such a huge degree.

That's the same email/response they used with the Loyalty Vendor dub item "oops" a while back. I doubt they can personally respond to the thousands of players who got mixed up in it and the other thousands who didn't but are pestering them to find out if their accounts are in jeopardy so it makes sense it would be auto generated.

You should see the ones I am going thru with my national insurance company right now. Not only is it auto generated but no one knows what the last step was or how to fix it and the names to respond to are all generic emails that I am sure some call center/email center is answering.
I did automated email workflows as a junior engineer years ago. Paired with a business analyst.
It's not hard to do. Set up is about 2 FTE for 4 weeks (depending on the scale) plus any infrastructure setup, then 2 FTE for a week per year to review and maintain.
These problems were solved decades ago.
You can tell what a company values by what they spend money on. These folks don't give a shit.

Saw this thread on forums this morning since there was a note in the patcher and was clueless as to what it was referring to...

Response to the Tradeskill Depot issue

Angeliana
Senior Community Manager

Anyone know?
there is already a thread about the topic - please try and make sure to look before posting about duplicate topics

I've been away for awhile, but just wondering - how much did it affect the live servers? I know there's a ton of pp on them already, but still surely a bunch of people making up trillions of pp would have an effect right?

I've been away for awhile, but just wondering - how much did it affect the live servers? I know there's a ton of pp on them already, but still surely a bunch of people making up trillions of pp would have an effect right?
Nobody on live needs plat so was not a thing for live, except for driving KR to plat prices down on FV, from 10.5-11 to 8-8.5.. (TLP's went and gorged on KR, and are now selling on live).

News - Emergency Server Downtime: Wendesday November 22, 2023 @10:30 AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back