• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Email options? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
960¢
What email service do you guys use to create 54 plus accounts for EQ? I was using yahoo but I could only create 3 with my phone number. I switched over to Gmail but after the 3rd or 4th account created Gmail was asking for phone number. I could not skip that option at that time. What options do I have so I'm able to create EQ accounts? I have 12 accounts right now would like to get to 18 for now and eventually get to 54.

What email service do you guys use to create 54 plus accounts for EQ? I was using yahoo but I could only create 3 with my phone number. I switched over to Gmail but after the 3rd or 4th account created Gmail was asking for phone number. I could not skip that option at that time. What options do I have so I'm able to create EQ accounts? I have 12 accounts right now would like to get to 18 for now and eventually get to 54.
I may be confused at what you are asking but let me try to answer your question.

Scenario 1. If you are trying to create multiple email accounts I don't believe you would need too. I have one yahoo email account that carries 20+ eq accounts. Last new account was added sometime last year.
Try creating another EQ account using you same email address. If you run into issues you may be able to send a ticket to get the email changed to one you want. Not sure on this.

Scenario 2. If you want to use different email accounts, Gmail allows you unlimited child or sub addresses with just one email account. ***Disclaimer: This works with most services that requires an email account, unless they take issue with special characters in the email address.*** If your Gmail account is [email protected] you can just add '+' and add whatever suffix after your Gmail name and it will act as a new email address but it will send all for that address back to your parent Gmail account.
Example
If you create an EQ account and use each of the following variations.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
All those eq accounts created will send emails back to [email protected] parent account. I don't know if there is a suffix length limit but its seems pretty flexible.

I did run into an issue with EQ not letting me create to many new accounts in one sitting. When you make the EQ account and then hit the backspace or browser back arrow you can change the email address and account on the screen and just resubmit to quickly create a new eq account.

Let me know is that what worked for you or if I am completely off the mark.

I may be confused at what you are asking but let me try to answer your question.

Scenario 1. If you are trying to create multiple email accounts I don't believe you would need too. I have one yahoo email account that carries 20+ eq accounts. Last new account was added sometime last year.
Try creating another EQ account using you same email address. If you run into issues you may be able to send a ticket to get the email changed to one you want. Not sure on this.

Scenario 2. If you want to use different email accounts, Gmail allows you unlimited child or sub addresses with just one email account. ***Disclaimer: This works with most services that requires an email account, unless they take issue with special characters in the email address.*** If your Gmail account is [email protected] you can just add '+' and add whatever suffix after your Gmail name and it will act as a new email address but it will send all for that address back to your parent Gmail account.
Example
If you create an EQ account and use each of the following variations.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
All those eq accounts created will send emails back to [email protected] parent account. I don't know if there is a suffix length limit but its seems pretty flexible.

I did run into an issue with EQ not letting me create to many new accounts in one sitting. When you make the EQ account and then hit the backspace or browser back arrow you can change the email address and account on the screen and just resubmit to quickly create a new eq account.

Let me know is that what worked for you or if I am completely off the mark.
Thank you. I didn't know I could create sub addresses. I also didn't know I could just use one email to create multiple eq accounts either. I thought I had to have 1 email account per 1 eq account. So i was trying figure out how I was going create 54 different email accounts. This big help thank you.

@Xavierix documents the approach I would take if I were using a common hosting provider (yahoo, google, etc.). Just be mindful that although the email provider will allow '+' addresses, the service taking the email address may not. I suspect this isn't an issue for EQ/DPG, but thought it relevant info.

If you want to invest further, you can consider obtaining your own domain. kn7cker.com, kn7cker.net, kn7cker.org, kn7cker.info, kn7cker.site all seemed available; kn7cker.me might also be available, but ICANN won't allow lookups for other contries. From there, chose a hosting service that provides email service. This, in turn, will give you the option to define all the email addresses you want or to define aliases to a base email address without having to use '+' nomenclature.

Thank you. I didn't know I could create sub addresses. I also didn't know I could just use one email to create multiple eq accounts either. I thought I had to have 1 email account per 1 eq account. So i was trying figure out how I was going create 54 different email accounts. This big help thank you.
Some points.

I used 2 different emails a couple years ago but not all the accounts were getting email from DBG - not sure why so I swtiched and just use my one email account now for well over 25 accounts.

But the difference is that I do not make them all in one setting. If you want to make 10 accounts all at once then yes, you should use more than one email. But if you can space it out a few each day then one email works fine.

The good thing about numerous email are the ability to enter contests when they have them which is not often. But you have more email address to enter with.

The bad thing is if you use something like mail.com or other email services and never sign into them then you will lose that email which may cause trouble down the line. Just like part of the account recovery is the old email on the account. Not many people remember what they had 20 years ago because it was all so new back then . And even now, you will need to remember and possibly use these emails at some time to at least keep them active.

Don't worry about trying to hide behind different email to help keep your main account or other accounts safe. The folks over there can connect them all. Just like they can here.

Question - Email options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back