• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Efficient Epic Gathering (1 Viewer)

Dycart

RedCents
28¢
Hello everyone! I've been away from EQ for almost 16 years and have made a return using RedGuides and boxing 6 accounts. I'm LOVING the community as well as the game play using MQ2. I've got multiple groups I'm leveling up (highest is 78 right now). I've been thinking about epics to help me out as equipment seems to be the biggest hurdle I'm facing. Unfortunately, it's tough to trust information online due to all the changes through the years. Can someone help me out with some links to where I can find current, live server, epic information? I'm on Cazic and don't know which sites to trust or even how the different epics (1.0, 1.5, 2.0) deal with each other and if I need to do them all in order anymore.

Thank you for your time!

hello and welcome back!

Allakhazam is still updated for epic info.

everquest.allakhazam.com

You do either 1.0 or the 1.5 pre-quest, then the 1.5 then the 2.0.

You will need to find an 85+ to assist you with obtaining 2.0, as it requires an at-70 raid force.
your toons should be able to finish 1.5 on their own.

I would not bother with any pre quests nowdays. The epics 1.0 and 1.5 are easy since characters are much more powerful than back when epics were hard. It seems when players try to do the prequests they get stuck somewhere and have to ask in chat how to fix it.

As far as 2.0 you don't even need the raid force cause you can get into Anguish with 6 players. No mercs. But those players can be on line, offline, in another zone, an alt, afk, and any level (so long as they don't try to enter Anguish). I used to solo Anguish runs on my server to help people get the orb thing, and this was on my 100 Ranger using his heals. So just find someone around level 100 to do it with you.

Redmonkey, thank you for the info. Currently, it's my warrior tank that needs the most help. I'm going back and forth between going for his epic or just trying to get him better gear. He's 78 and gets killed a lot due to low end gear.

@wymranar ok, I'll look into it and see if I can get it. Thank you for the help.

Edit: is the item you're referring to the Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War from Wall of Slaughter?

Last edited:
Anguish can be done with a decent lvl 85 tank and a healer. I've done it with a lvl 85 sk and a lvl 85 pally before. Was tough but we managed. Just do the Jelvan part. If you have a lvl 100 plus you can get your orb in about 15 minutes and less if high enough level.

OOW armor takes a ton of faction. Best place to get it is over in Dranicks Scar. Up on the hill on the way to The Bloodfields is a large area filled with noc and other critters. You can clear thru to the wall to the right over and over and most all of those count towards the faction you need. I usually wait for a bonus faction time in the game and get my characters over there then. Another good place is up on the wall next to the Nobles Causeway zone.

At your level you would get some good experience while gaining that faction too. I make it a point to get all my characters the OOW chest item.

I did not realize you were in your 50's so yeah the epic will be a little harder for you unless you have help. But still, not like old days

Discussion - Efficient Epic Gathering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back