• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Easy Windows Switch (1 Viewer)

Bregan

RedCents
608¢
Reposting this... thought there was an issue with the code, but it doesn't like using the windows key in the hotkey.

If you are struggling with managing and switching between your windows, and want a very simple way of moving between them, try AutoHotKey. The code below is what I'm using.

INI:
;WindowSelect.ahk
;^+1 = Control+Shift+1.  See https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm for a list of key codes. For example, you can do ^!+F1 for Control-Alt-Shift-F1.
;This works great with gaming keyboards that have extra keys such as the Corsair K95 with the G1  - G6 keys.  You can assign what ever key combo you want to them.
; character1 - 5 is what is displayed in the title window.  It only requires a match.

^+1::WinActivate, character1
^+2::WinActivate, character2
^+3::WinActivate, character3
^+4::WinActivate, character4
^+5::WinActivate, character5

when you set up your profiles from the context menu (Profiles -> Create New...), the last box at the very bottom is hotkey which gets inserted into the blob in the config. If you use sessions or station names, then this feature is not available (since those don't use the launcher to launch the client)

when you set up your profiles from the context menu (Profiles -> Create New...), the last box at the very bottom is hotkey which gets inserted into the blob in the config. If you use sessions or station names, then this feature is not available (since those don't use the launcher to launch the client)
Awesome, you know, i remember seeing that in the video and completely forgot about it. Thank you!

just setup here with mq2 and still figuring out how im handling things myself.
i did the MQ2 profiles, and several times it didnt work. then i remembered WinEQ2. it allows binding to open specific windows, and it also allows you to use any custom eqclient ini files for any instance.
i also made a bat file to just launch my toons in 1 go.

thats my solution at least. kinda wonder what others are lookin at.

NM, I tried to add the hotkey after the profile was made, That doesn't work. You have to delete the profile if it already exists and recreate. Then reload your toons. You will know if it has a hotkey attached to it as it will appear after the name. <Toon Name> <hot Key Text>.

I use ISboxer. It uses ctrl+alt+1 for first window, ctrl+alt+2 for the second and so on. I bind these commands to the programmable keys on my G910 keyboard and use those to swap windows. I also use ISBoxer to log everyone in at once.

Before I got ISBoxer, I used the command: "/dex <charactername> foreground" (no quotes) to switch windows using DanNet. At that time (before I got a better understanding of things) I used MQ2MyButtons and bound the foreground command for each character to one of the buttons. Eventually, I had too many characters to use MyButtons for all of them, and that is when I made the move to ISBoxer. It worked out because there are more meaningful things to use MyButtons for.

Having tried both, I would argue that ISBoxer is infinitely better than WinEQ. Though there is a steeper learning curve, it's not that hard to figure out and they have a discord channel for support.

My 2 redcents.

I don't think people use wineq anymore, the client's native windowing functionality is better. You can also set up hotkeys exactly like isboxer through mq2autologin. The only real thing that isboxer does that mq2 does not is window positioning.

Tech - Easy Windows Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back