• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Easiest boxable RoF raid for Glowing Terrormotes? (1 Viewer)

Grelleth, Her Majesty the Queen - http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2605.0

Xorbb 1 - Guardian of the Gate - http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2639.0
Xorbb 2 - Yymp the Infernal - http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2653.0
Xorbb 3 - The Return of King Xorbb - http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2656.0

Xorbb 3 has a twin cast clicky that is good to get.

If you are on bertox drop me a PM and I'll help you out. I've been planning to do a few runs to twink out a level 105 PL helper.

What would be the easiest raid to box in Rain of Fear that can drop Glowing Terrormotes?
I feel the Grelleth RAID is the easiest. We used to do that raid before we were running MQ2 and it was easy. No moving, no clicking, no doing weird stuff when x+y happens. Just good old fashioned tank and spank the adds and the Boss. Another super easy raid to do is the Calling phantasm raid. That raid is actually easier with less toons (6 minimum) since you don't have a problem guessing the clues, but not sure if glowing motes drop there. Avantil the Vile Oak tree RAID is also simple. Just tank and spank. The hardest part is climbing all the way up the tree to the final boss at the end.

Velishan's Revenge (t2) + Grelleths (t2) + Evantil (t2) + then the 3 Valley raids (t2)
however -- you have to do valley in order to unlock the next part, cant pick #2 or #3 to start with, and the achievements are relatively difficult to get the twin cast clicky achievement on valley #3)

t3 raids = chelsith + plane of shadow

t4 raids = glimpse + the mini raids

id try and split raid and do with lowest numbers possible to maximize chances at glowing rune drops and leave out the toon needed and banner them in if it drops on one of the splits with the Velisans Revenge (breeding grounds) raid -- tank n spank

Thanks all for the replies. Looks like I need to knock out Kael and CC before I can get to any of these. Would they be doable with a single box group?

I did Kael last year with a single group. Main issue was controlling DPS so I didn't accidently kill the wrong thing. Took me about half a day to figure out how to balance things out.

If you are looking to skip T2 raids you might be able to ask in /general and find someone to request them for you.

Thanks all for the replies. Looks like I need to knock out Kael and CC before I can get to any of these. Would they be doable with a single box group?
Oh yeah the chelsith RAID. I forgot all about that one. That is by FAR the T3 raid you need to farm. Super easy compared to plane of shadow and we just ignore the emotes from the audience and do whatever we want! King Tormax's madness raid is tough with a group of 6. You need one tank to off tank him but not do any DPS. He has hardly any health and a few ripostes will kill him, failing the event. I have videos of this which you can check out. CC is doable with one group, but you have to position the boss and be able to drop the boulders on her head. It's kind of tricky and we have one guy who is our designated "Boulder dropper" for that raid :)

When we did the Boulder raid with our evening group last year, we just placed the boss under one spot and waited, until sufficient boulders dropped there. Takes longer but not more than 15 minutes if I remember well and that way just tank and spank. Not much dps incoming, easy to heal with single priest with TOV T3 gear.

Whats the ZexI’ll raid in Eastern Wastes , inside the purple crystal ? That’s hella easy too

find the other classes (like beastlords)that need the median and lesser and greater terrormotes too
cry carnage is 98 iirc

How bad would the RoF raids be with a 3 box 120 group? Trying to get the blood magic clickie, the twincast clickie, and the drop from plane of shadows to upgrade my Prayer Shawl... Seems pretty mechanic heavy boxing.

If you have someone who can request the raids the 4x I have listed at the start of the thread are the ones you want to do. There are some mechanics but for the most part you can ignore them and just power through.

If you don't have someone to request the raids then you have to work your way though the raids and there are a few that are 100% mechanics bound. Check our Freelance ( search freelance eq raid ). They have great, publicly available raid write ups going back a long time.

Another thing you might do is ask around on your server for others who might want to get these raids done. The twin cast clicky is useful so you might get help.

The twin cast clicky *IS* a rare drop from the Xorbb 3 event.

I *THINK* The twin cast clicky is unlocked by completing just the raid achievements for Xorbb 1-3 and it costs like 600-800 coins.

Plan to do Xorbb 1-3 once a week for about 3 months. During that time you might get 1-2 to drop from the chest.

The achievements aren't that hard to do anymore. Once you've seen the events a few times, work on the cheese. If you get stuck, ask for help.

I've done them all for our guild members for years. Just haven't done them recently so I don't remember everything off the top of my head so to speak.

If you have someone who can request the raids the 4x I have listed at the start of the thread are the ones you want to do. There are some mechanics but for the most part you can ignore them and just power through.

If you don't have someone to request the raids then you have to work your way though the raids and there are a few that are 100% mechanics bound. Check our Freelance ( search freelance eq raid ). They have great, publicly available raid write ups going back a long time.

Another thing you might do is ask around on your server for others who might want to get these raids done. The twin cast clicky is useful so you might get help.
I just started working on this. It looks like I have to complete most of RoF progression before I can request any raids… I’m trying to confirm that but haven’t found another resource yet.

How bad would the RoF raids be with a 3 box 120 group? Trying to get the blood magic clickie, the twincast clickie, and the drop from plane of shadows to upgrade my Prayer Shawl... Seems pretty mechanic heavy boxing.

Plane of Shadow for Prayer Shawl drops and the blood magic clickie is doable with 3 but be prepared for a long ride. I farmed the raid for 10 months and gave up. Pretty much everybody in guild and everybody's alt had a shawl piece, but the blood magic thing never dropped.

It takes a few runs to get used to dark/light orbs but once I learned how it works it was easy (SK, shm, necro). This was several years ago and I had to have progression done to request the raid; maybe now it's not needed.

Bifold clickie has low drop rate as well. It will be faster to farm currency and purchase from vendor.

Question - Easiest boxable RoF raid for Glowing Terrormotes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back