• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Druids, Rangers, Bards on raids (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,801¢
How do you setup your Druids, Rangers, and Bards on raids to get the most effect?? What programs do you use? Who do you make them assist?

Edit: Using Programs... I know how to play druids and bards, i cant seem to get programs to be consistent at all with any of these classes.

Last edited:
first off remove exodus from any active hotbar, might think a joke but i have seen many groups all of a sudden poof to safe spot in zone. I have raided years ago like 2001 range with my bot druid. His job was just to help the group with heals since I was focused on my monk at the time. But with aura's for druids damage bonus for spells I would set them up with a casting group as the healer for it and have them with aura and dps throw heals and cures when and if needed. This is just a generic set up.
Bards depends I was usually put in a dps group with a shaman plus a monk, rogue, berserker and beastlord. that is 98% of the time when i was in a raid. The rare few times we had enough bards for the dps melee groups then one would end up with a dps caster group to give them a bonus for the damage casting spells. and now adding insults with synergy bonus for casters and melee. If you have a burn i would keep the 10 minute AA reuse ones for the burn, as you learn an event you can see how far back you can use the longer timer AA's. and other wise i keep up rosn, epic, fierce eye, pet aa and all short AA etc on cool down. I have doubled up a few AA together with a macro. fierce eye with lyrical prankster together short cooldown, and quick time with song of stone both 10 min cool down, and i add a timer to hotbutton so they refresh as my AA cycle. Same with my kick since i have the darkened breath of harmony which is an instant click from inventory i tie with together with a macro and timer with 4.5 second cooldown and other AA on different times examples shout at 12 seconds, caco 3 min, bladed 4 min, spire 7:30 min, dirge 9 min. and have a few for def skills. I know some people with bards just start melody and then tab over every couple minutes to drop AA and otherwise focused on other toons. With melody having 8 songs swaping out a few things for my group, drop the ae mana/health and putting in caster bonus dmg, or insults mixed in a few times. keeping my songs up. and have those AA ready for a burn or on cooldown during events. Also have a stop song button, in fact most of my macro's all start with stop for melody or twist. I have a travel button stops songs, cast selo's then cast double invis. same with my fade macro stop song then fade. dont know how many times i hit double invis or fade without stop songs and take off get and agro/lose fade.

on raids I only use macro's which you do with everquest itself no mq etc needed. I enjoy my time now with my group team's doing group content and raiding with a single toon at most maybe a heal bot or slow etc. Group content and when alone is the only time I use mq and plugins when I am doing 6 toons at once, i have not tried 12 toon raids yet..

first off remove exodus from any active hotbar, might think a joke but i have seen many groups all of a sudden poof to safe spot in zone. I have raided years ago like 2001 range with my bot druid. His job was just to help the group with heals since I was focused on my monk at the time. But with aura's for druids damage bonus for spells I would set them up with a casting group as the healer for it and have them with aura and dps throw heals and cures when and if needed. This is just a generic set up.
Bards depends I was usually put in a dps group with a shaman plus a monk, rogue, berserker and beastlord. that is 98% of the time when i was in a raid. The rare few times we had enough bards for the dps melee groups then one would end up with a dps caster group to give them a bonus for the damage casting spells. and now adding insults with synergy bonus for casters and melee. If you have a burn i would keep the 10 minute AA reuse ones for the burn, as you learn an event you can see how far back you can use the longer timer AA's. and other wise i keep up rosn, epic, fierce eye, pet aa and all short AA etc on cool down. I have doubled up a few AA together with a macro. fierce eye with lyrical prankster together short cooldown, and quick time with song of stone both 10 min cool down, and i add a timer to hotbutton so they refresh as my AA cycle. Same with my kick since i have the darkened breath of harmony which is an instant click from inventory i tie with together with a macro and timer with 4.5 second cooldown and other AA on different times examples shout at 12 seconds, caco 3 min, bladed 4 min, spire 7:30 min, dirge 9 min. and have a few for def skills. I know some people with bards just start melody and then tab over every couple minutes to drop AA and otherwise focused on other toons. With melody having 8 songs swaping out a few things for my group, drop the ae mana/health and putting in caster bonus dmg, or insults mixed in a few times. keeping my songs up. and have those AA ready for a burn or on cooldown during events. Also have a stop song button, in fact most of my macro's all start with stop for melody or twist. I have a travel button stops songs, cast selo's then cast double invis. same with my fade macro stop song then fade. dont know how many times i hit double invis or fade without stop songs and take off get and agro/lose fade.

on raids I only use macro's which you do with everquest itself no mq etc needed. I enjoy my time now with my group team's doing group content and raiding with a single toon at most maybe a heal bot or slow etc. Group content and when alone is the only time I use mq and plugins when I am doing 6 toons at once, i have not tried 12 toon raids yet..
You should listen to him I know almost as much about raiding with those toons as I do Playing a Bard. Which is a little less than nothing. But this advice is good I gave him a Red Cent.

Thanks for the primer, but I was really working on how to setup them while using automation on raids. Who to make them assist, where to put them in groups, what programs to use, etc. I can play them alright, its the fact they're running on KA in a raid that makes them flakey as hell.

I use automation only when in group and i use kissassist. my macro is tar my MA then the command to assist and its off and running. I am unsure if that would be the same assisting the raid ma. it took sometime to get how I liked with the ini file my friend gave me for bard. but it works well enough in a group when I cant be focused on my bard since I am usually paying attention to my tank. And that does keep my AA on cool down, I have edited to add all my clickies, epic, rosn, jann's, the NoS clicky buff, and keeps my melody up and has stuff that will trigger like last stand if needed. Also will burn glyphs on named, be careful with some zones you like the shei mission its all listed as named and will burn on cool down for every mob. Also be ready to switch things not needed mez etc if mobs need to be off tanked your bard will stop and try to mez every add in camp. Probably easier to keep a group and raid ini file and just run that or multi ini files for different raids with different AA/Songs etc you want running.

I am not sure if you can assign someone in your group to assist without having be the group MA. if you can run kissassist that way then your set once you have your ini files set up. but then you will have to deal with scripts of the raid and have to set up events or LEM. to keep it totally automation.

I only use single toon when raiding and do not even have mq running when I am on a raid for my main. So I cant help you with that like I said I would look at kissassist or rgmercs another option for automantion.

Last edited:
As someone who mains a druid I have been waiting for this for a while. I can not wait to parse my druid after its release using the plugin and then again using KA which I have been working with for a long time now.

Question - Druids, Rangers, Bards on raids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back